It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I need some help...

I feel and beleive that the sun NOW is 10 times as strong as it was say......20 years ago....

20 years ago I was about 15 and I remember being out ALL DAY LONG and just barely getting a bit pink... these days I go out for a little over an hour and I'm burnt to a crisp with or without sunscreen.....

now what I need help with is proof...... articles ect... that show something about the power of the rays.. the ozone? Did we mess it up that bad? Is the sun changed? or am I just high? (I'm not... just sayin')

Also.... weather changes.... My friends say it's all in my head.. and because I'm getting older but things seem just so darn different anymore.. seasons aren't right.... strange weather seems to be showing up in odd areas ect ect.

I'm told it's just cause we know more and have better communication now than we did 20 years ago so instead of hearing about only local oddities we're hearing about it all over the world but that these things have always happened... I don't think this way of thinking is right....

AM I crazy?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
What time of day are you going out? For how long?

Well, remember as a kid, you would spend those days out in the Sun all the time. No video games, just bicycles and ice cream trucks in the middle of summer.

Exposure to the Sun causes more production of Melanin in your skin, Cutaneous Melanin. This melanin also happens to block the amount of UV rays that actually cause damage to your skin, and unfortunately, the ones that stimulate Vitamin D production as well.

So, it could be a lack of exposure that is causing your sensitivity. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Wow! I never thought of that. Actually no one has ever told me that before.... I don't really go out alot and if I do its usually from around 10am-1pm any time during those hours.

I am nnot exactly fair skinned though im not dusky or overly tanned naturally either. I am half native american and my natural skin tone used to tolerate sun VERY well.... not anymore....

perhaps your right and I should spend more time outdoors but darn it I hate sunburn!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Actually, the reason is that nowadays the pollution levels in the city compared to twenty years ago are far above the safe region and this traps all the heat from the sun and so that why you feel very hot now.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
A good thing to do is slowly regain your resistance to the sun by getting 20 minutes one day and slowly increasing exposure until you can be outside all day, without sunscreen, without being burned.

The sun is good for ya.
Don't be afraid of skin cancer, unless you're getting burned.

-Dev

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The sun was sporting large "sunspots" and X-class solar flares for about twenty years which lead to increased global tempatures. That and pollution decreased the protective ozone layer and allowed for quick UV reactions in human skin (sunburns).

The sun is now quiet and has been so for almost a year with little or no sunspot activity, flares, etc. The Earth has begun to cool down and is doing so rapidly. 2008 is the coldest globally in five years. To date no sunspot activity is seen on the sun. If this continues global tempatures will decrease two+ degrees in just a couple of years to tempatures last seen in the late 16th to early 17th century know as the "little ice age"

The Farmers Alminac (80% accurate) says that this winter will be, to use their words... catastophic.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The Farmers Alminac (80% accurate) says that this winter will be, to use their words... catastophic.

That very well may be but you're kind of missing the whole point of this thread. The sun was producing these flares while he was not being burned. Conversely, he is being burned now that there is no sun activity.

While I'm very interested in the speculation you provided here, that is merely all it is, especially the comment on -2 degree difference in a couple of years. That is pure speculation and would be quite an amazing climate change.

The Little Ice Age is, however, very interesting.

-Dev

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

no it is not just in your head. the ozone has almost been completely wiped years before and the sun's rays are ten's times more potent because nothing is really there to protect us anymore

new topics

top topics

join