It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T-shirt gets Van Nuys woman kicked out of federal building

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by heliosprime
reply to post by budski

Wrong, the entire issue of homosexuality is an abomination and should be removed from society everywhere. The t-shirt was noting more than "trolling" for vile homosexual desires. She should have been jailed, tried, then stoned................as should all who practice homosexuality.

I'm going to assume you're either drunk, high or being brilliantly sarcastic. But in the event you're not...

You're EXACTLY like the fanatical Islamic terrorists. They would totally agree with every word of your post. In fact, I would strongly urge you to emigrate to Iran, where they still kill people for practicing homosexuality. You'd LOVE it there, as those are obviously your kind of people.

But frankly, you just don't fit in contemporary western society, where we try to understand people who are different than ourselves (even folks like you). The general concensus is that whatever goes on between two consenting adults is their own business. You seem to think it's yours -- and that, literally, someone should be executed for a single word on their t-shirt. Sorry, but that's not only hilariously extremist, it is mentally ill.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK

But frankly, you just don't fit in contemporary western society, where we try to understand people who are different than ourselves (even folks like you). The general concensus is that whatever goes on between two consenting adults is their own business. You seem to think it's yours -- and that, literally, someone should be executed for a single word on their t-shirt. Sorry, but that's not only hilariously extremist, it is mentally ill.

Keep your "contemporary western society" since 4/5's of your will die soon. Your "enlightened" society is vile and an abomination.

Repent or die................both times............(see revelations for clarification)

Thank you for not inculding me in your cult of abomination and evil.....

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Repent or die................both times............(see revelations for clarification)

I had a feeling the previous post had a religious undertone.....

Heliosprime you seem to be going against your beliefs. Aren't you meant to be kindly and forgiving, not dancing about willy-nilly bashing and damning people to hell as you go?

[edit on 30/8/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Personally I'd like to see more lesbianism.

Keep your "contemporary western society" since 4/5's of your will die soon. Your "enlightened" society is vile and an abomination.

Is it against ATS rules to call someone out for being absolutely insane? Find some medication and take it, pal, life can actually be pretty good without worrying about the fictional apocalypse.

[edit on 30-8-2008 by Monger]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It would seem to me to be obvious that this is a case of selective moral enforcement. In public, your shirt is essentially saying what you may say. If it doesn't meet the standards of decency according to those standards set within a business, your first amedment rights do not apply. In this case, this is a public building. Frankly, I am more offended of some deadbeat dad in a five-times-too-big t-shirt with Skulls and explosions and devil's head sleves toting their two year old around (how scary!) Unless I am looking for a beatdown however, it's not my place to say something. If someone is repeatedly swearing near my kids I have no issue in politely asking them to stop. If someone has cow-balls dangling from their F-450 and my five year wonders what they are, I'm not going to pull over the driver and tell him/her how innapropriate those silly balls are. I have bigger and more important things in my life than concentrating on others percieved faults so much that a website for lesbians would make me upset.

ColoradoJens

[edit on 31-8-2008 by ColoradoJens]

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

Hey buddy.

Don't be so cross.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This, for me, is a perfect example of why I believe our species is doomed, and the sooner we go extinct, the better. Especially for all of the other species that have suffered the brunt of our ignorance and intolerance.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

"Evil?!" You're joking, right? You want to murder someone for a WORD on their t-shirt but I'M the "evil" one. Oh, and "repent?" One of the Ten Commandments in the Bible is "Thou shalt not kill." Seems to me you're the one who needs to repent.

Not only would any psycologist agree that you're mentally ill for wanting to murder someone over a trifle, they would strongly suspect that you are supressing homosexual desires yourself.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

My only point is that these are also sexual preferences and society doesn't take kindly to displaying them in public. Why then is homosexuality different? Why is it "free speech" when somebody puts their sexual preference on a T-shirt, but "offensive" when it's a sexual preference you don't happen to like?

That's the point. The 'offense' is quite subjective. If you are a citizen in our form of a democracy, you are meant to be willing to defend to the death her right to wear that shirt where she likes. To fail to do so is to fail the test of democracy.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hahaa, well, cows don't have balls dear. Just couldn't resist pointing that out. I know what you mean though. But cows are female, bulls are male.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MacDonagh

He isn't cross as much as afraid. I agree with the previous poster who posited that such a reaction is indicative of someone repressing something and the topic striking too close to home has stressed it beyond the breaking point: Hence the ranting.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by wytworm

You mean the same way everyone defended my right to voice my opinion? Better take a closer look at the meaning of democracy my friend.

And when you quote me, please remember that it's often a reply to a previous reply, don't present it as a stand alone statement as so many others have done throughout this thread.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ariana9
Hahaa, well, cows don't have balls dear. Just couldn't resist pointing that out. I know what you mean though. But cows are female, bulls are male.

Actually he's right, cow just refers to the family of animal. The term for female cow is heifer. Bulls are cows, as are heifers.

Yes, this truly is becoming a universal thread of gender inquiry.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

You mean the same way everyone defended my right to voice my opinion? Better take a closer look at the meaning of democracy my friend.

I see a bunch of posts reacting to your denial of someone's right to free speech. I don't see anyone censoring you or calling the cops. How are your rights being infringed exactly?

We are not friends.

And when you quote me, please remember that it's often a reply to a previous reply, don't present it as a stand alone statement as so many others have done throughout this thread.

If you feel i have violated the T&C somehow you have remedies for it that are well documented. I suggest you avail yourself of them.

[edit on 31-8-2008 by wytworm]

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
Agreed. I don't want to have to explain the word lesbian to my 6 year old. I'd like to keep my kids relatively innocent and not have to explain anything sexual to them for at least a few more years.

wow! uhmm... isn't that what parents are for? to describe as much as possible of life, and what the kids are going to see and hear and experienc e before others describe it for them? i was going to go on a rant, but i just feel sorry for your kids.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
Agreed. I don't want to have to explain the word lesbian to my 6 year old. I'd like to keep my kids relatively innocent and not have to explain anything sexual to them for at least a few more years.

My parents learned me about that before I started school. They explained it, and then showed us an educational video. I told everyone I knew about, and at this point am appalled at how few knew anything about it.

I think all children should know about sexual reproduction and the difference between sexes before they enter school. Worked out well enough for me. No disillusions and no ignorance.

Try to consider that teaching them about sexual differences would be beneficial to your children, not detrimental.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Respectfully, I disagree. A cow is female. The family class is bovine.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I believe cow is just the singular form of cattle, and they can be male or female. Sometimes cow is used colloquially as a synonym for the female designation of heifer. So I suppose both are correct forms.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
How about cars that say "Just Married"? Doesn't that imply that two people are joined in a permanent sexual relationship? Are the "Just Married" cars obscene?

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by heliosprime

I'd just like to throw in Heliosprime seems like a real intelligent person. why 4/5's? Who is the 1/5th of western socitey that will live? *snip*

MOD Note: Civility and Decorum Required

[edit on 8/31/2008 by semperfortis]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join