It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights spotted over Williamsville, MO.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Strange Lights Spotted Over Williamsville

WAYNE COUNTY, Mo. - Several people have seen something strange in the skies over Williamsville in southern Wayne County.

www.kfvs12.com:80...

Williamsville is a very small town close to where I am at so this story caught my atttention. It is also pretty close to Piedmont, MO. where there was a wave of UFO sightings in the early-mid 70's.

Also, the pics of the object look similar to pics that've been shown on here before. I won't give my opinion because I don't know what to think. But could this be real, hoax, or just bad picture taking?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I have a friend near Donaphan. I'll have to give him a call.

I myself have seen some strange lights in the sky around here in the past few months. I'm near St. Louis.

Good to see another Missourian out and about

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Cool. Do you get KFVS 12 where you are at? It's out of Cape.
Anyway, Williamsville is close enough that I could take a drive out there sometime to see if I can see anything. I've been in Piedmont a lot but have never seen anything there.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Nope, we're too far north.

Our buddies place is about 10 miles from Donaphan right by the Current. It's back in the woods, so not so much sky watching there. I bet he heard about it on the news, though.

Be great to go camping and UFO hunting.

I don't know how long you've been in Missouri, but it definitely has its share of mystery lights, especially in the Ozarks. There have been more than a few reports from Iron county as well.

I think the Ozark mountains either attract or produce some kind of wierd energy, just my opinion, though.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by chickenshoes

I've lived here since '89. But I've got family from here too. People still talk about the UFO sightings in Piedmont.

I can't believe that more people haven't commented on these Williamsville lights.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

I've been here my whole life. Born and raised in Southwest Mo, about 10 miles north of Springfield.

I've read a little about the Piedmont flap, but Missouri just doesn't get the attention it deserves regarding UFO reports, imo. There was supposedly a Rosewell style UFO crash back in the early forties in Cape.

I saw a UFO with my parents back in '85 or 86. We were driving home, we lived way out in BFE at the time.

It was one of those infamous black triangles, although at the time we had never heard of them. Now it seems their everywhere.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chickenshoes

Funny that you mention the UFO crash in Cape. I started a thread on it a while back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also saw two black triangles. Started a thread on that too.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8/28/2008 by Blueracer]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Huh, I'll be darned.

The triangle we saw back in the '80's, I pretty much decided at the time it was military, even though it hovered and did a couple pretty incredible maneuvers.

At the beginning of last April, I saw a really bright light in the sky that hovered, did a little dance and then shot right towards our house. Freaked me out pretty good!

BTW, have you noticed that NUFORC has not been posting sightings reported from MO?

Last time I looked, the latest one was from March '08, and they have never posted mine from April.

Interestingly, there was another UFO sighting in my same town (a wide spot in the road) about 2 months before the one I saw.

Wish there was more on Cape's crash. It seems to me that sometimes reports from MO get dismissed
I guess though, the Cape crash didn't yield any artifacts, only some documents of unknown provenance and testimony from 1 individual?

Although the most credible one, I'd say, is the huge black triangle seen in the St Louis area back in '01, I think. Testimony from a police officer and a school teacher is harder to dismiss.

new topics

top topics

join