It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it takes to be a mod.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yes I'm lazy and I don't feel like searching. So, noone come here and say "oh, you should have searched this subject".

I have a big question. What does it take to be a mod? Intellegence? Well, I have a BIG beef with that. I have read threads and responces from some of the so called moderators here and have just said to myself...how stupid can they be? So what is it....points from posting? That's as stupid as some of these so called mods. I'm sure I'll be kicked out of here or something for not going along with the sheeple of ATS but...I just had to voice my concern. Thank you for listening.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
O.K i'll be the first maybe intelligence is not a must but you have to know the board inside and out i guess this why i only mod on BTS not ATS.Co intelligence isnt my forte.
I am moving this to Questions about the Board forum

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by drunk]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think asking destroys your chances.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Maybe asking destroys my chances...but you know what...I'm not trying to become a mod. I'm just asking a simple question. Thank you Drunk for replying....and futhermore, I think you Drunk ARE one of the intellegent ones.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
I think asking destroys your chances.

So...your saying it's a popularity contest?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
Maybe asking destroys my chances...but you know what...I'm not trying to become a mod. I'm just asking a simple question. Thank you Drunk for replying....and futhermore, I think you Drunk ARE one of the intellegent ones.

Cheers but how do you come to that conclusion?!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:41 PM
link   
ktpr is saying dont ask cos thats how he became a mod and same here just went about our own business thats all.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
MacMerdin...
Intelligence is subjective

Responses on threads are subjective, when viewed by others.

Using the term so-called moderators is a subjective judgement and response.

Stupidity is also subjective.

Points are objective but do not count in one becoming a mod.

Sheeple is subjective.

And being kicked out of here is taken very seriously by the staff of those so-called moderators and is not enforced lightly or based on a whim.

In conclusion, becoming a mod is something I have no clue about! Your question is just as valid as anyone else's who asks the same question. What is disconcerting is the assumtions that you have given as to what it takes to be a mod.

seekerof

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Being a moderator doesn't mean you have to stop participating in the forums in a normal way. I've had some pretty stupid and comedically entertaining discussions with moderators. If I, myself, were ever invited to be a moderator, I can assure you that it would in no way deter me from being the smart ass that I am. I would simply enforce the board policies, help discussions stay on topic, and make sure that discussions found their way into the right forums.

I don't know why you would hold a moderator to any higher of a standard than a member, as the policies and use agreements apply to everyone equally.

Maybe you have an issue with authority? Look into it.

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Yous gots ta have a butt-loada points!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I think there has been a wrong assumption between mod and god. The fact that you think that you will be chastized for questioning means that you don't get the point, or their purpose. Personally if I was one I would have been put off by the tone of your post. Thank those that didn't take offence and answered your question.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Yes, you are right. I AM sorry if I did come off as an arsehole for asking the question. I really didn't mean the "tone" of the question to be anything but respectfull. Thank you all for the responses. As I said before it was just a simple question. I guess I should not have called ANYONE stupid/ignorant or what have you. Sorry any mods if I have offended....I didn't mean as such.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
What puzzles me is that you think i'm intelligent
i mean cheers but WHY??!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The Peanut Butter Jelly banana was MY first clue.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Actually Drunk...I have never heard a word from you that has been disrespectful/condosending/un thought provocing yet...keep up the good work.

I used it too.....am I intellegent? LOL

edit: too lazy for spell checking at this point LOL (it is st. patty's day after all)

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by MacMerdin]

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
The Peanut Butter Jelly banana was MY first clue.

Dam i'm stupid!

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
All I'm saying is I have seen other mods (not naming) abuse the powers of being a mod by threatening to kick people off because someone diagrees with them.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Give us a lifetime supply of these

these

these

and these

And you'll definately be a mod...

Heck you might make it to administrator...

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I've seen mods disagree, sometimes vehemantly, but I've yet to see one threaten.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin Yes I'm lazy and...
We need proactive hyperactive mods, so... for you lazy slackers, no modding for you. Your complaint likely about a mod abusing "power" is likely related to the Mud Pit were many rules are more lax to allow for an experiment in heated political debate. To answer the direct question, senior staff (Admin and SuperMods) discuss candidates amongst ourselves and pick those who we feel best have the mission of ATS at heart, and can be fair in their duties.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join