It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why cant I....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
For some reason I can't get my avatar to show... it says moved or deleted and I KNOW that is not the case... help please?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Erm.... is it possible that you have put in the wrong url code for your avatar?? i.e. on photobucket you use the second option "Direct Link"....

Otherwise, try getting the pic from another link

Best of luck

[edit on 27/8/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by undiscoveredsoul
For some reason I can't get my avatar to show... it says moved or deleted and I KNOW that is not the case... help please?

It says its been moved or deleted from photobucket.
Or you have put the wrong url for it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Looks like photobucket booted it..

click memcenter on the tab above..

Upload your pic to the member upload space(side menu..)

Click the 'filename' in bold and copy the 'url'.

.. paste to..

'member avatar url.

Done n dusted.

Keep to 160 pixels wide n about 300 high.(average 60k) and it should work first time.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Ok, first of all thank you ALL for your fast responses ...

I don't know what the problem was with THAT photobucket all I ended up doing was moving the avie to my other photobucket account and its working fine (so far)

I tried that upload center but every single graphic or pic I have on this PC seems to be too big!

again I thank you all for your help!

Have a great day! ;-P

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Yay it works..

Pretty cooooool too..

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Yarp, that's what i thought you might have had to do..

Peace out

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Well I hate to tell you the bad news my friend, but does your avatar conform to Avatar and Signature Guidelines

GIF and JPEG file formats only with a maximum dimension of 160 pixels wide, by 320 pixels tall. File sizes are not to exceed 75k, and animated GIF's are allowed. (physical size can extend up to 400 pixels tall for images under 50k in file size)

[edit on 27/8/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
hmm well it fits right in the little side panel thing and it isn't hosted on this site.. and if animated gifs are allowed...... I don't see why not.....

not like it's an offensive gif or something.. unless your biased against Richie Sambora or something.....

no seriously I think you made a typo up there my friend....but if it's a problem I'll find something else given time but I've seen other animated avies on here so I just assumed...

yeah I know, I know ASSume....

top topics

join