It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human/alien idealised hybrid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Ok, so, pure speculation and I'm more up for getting a discussion going - I was just reading through a post and there was an ad for a zwinky or veo or some kind of avatar and I kind of thought it looked a little like one of the Pussycat Dolls (bear with me), then I thought, it looks like one crossed with a grey (lol)... and then I did some real thinking, kinda, it seems that a lot of cartoons and representations of "the ideal" are heading towards this kind of image, big head, big eyes, small body.

I'm not (necessarily) suggesting this is some media conspiracy or such like, but I do find it disturbing that we're seemingly idealising this stereotype of "beauty" that is "unnatural". Although, picking up most (any) magazine publication there is so little diversity of body types it kind of seems as if the ideal is some kind of Aryan master race.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Unnatural? You must not know the right people. I'll also tell the ones I do know including my girlfriend that they are unnatural. I'm sure they'll appreciate that.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
If you click all the links posted, do you not see the similarity, especially between Victoria Beckham and the zwinky-things?

She's weird looking, she's nicknamed Skeletor in certain media circles... I'm not denying beauty comes in all different shapes and sizes, but I'm seeing an increase in the female "ideal" melding with that image of the grey. Maybe I'm just magically-eyeing it?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
All i can think of is Bratz loll

images.starpulse.com...

even their eyes are slanted upward... and they have no nose!!

You might be on to something OP..

But in any case, fashion comes and goes and this is probably no exception - however unhealthy or ridiculous..

Hmmm an interesting perspective tho

[edit on 27/8/08 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Beckham is a bit unusually petite with narrow shoulders and fine bones. I thought you were referring to the women in the third (embedded) image specifically when you said "unnatural" which don't really look at all like "greys" to me.

Edit: I did have the same thought though myself when looking at the Zwinky ad. So, it's not just you.

[edit on 8/27/2008 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
For some reason, only the third pic embedded properly, the zwinky I saw really looked like one of the Pussycat girls, maybe just an incidence of synchronicity... but a lot of the "media-personalities" or celebrities do tend to have this body-shape that (I think) is somewhat unnaturally thin, therefore emphasising a normal sized head on a super-skinny body.

Turst me on this, but here in the UK, Victoria Beckham would generally be considered an unhealthy body image, due to her frame size.

Anyway, to the main point, are we pushing towards the human/alien-hybrid ideal, is this just some media ploy to slowly introduce us to this concept???

(Tongue firmly in cheek)... but wanting to hear other views on this anyway.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well if those are aliens/hybrids Then I'm all for disclothesure

They can disclothes all day long

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
The zwinis are chibi creations, basically cartoonish caricatures of people, so they're bound to look weird. Many times they don't have fingers, hands, elbows feet, knees, ect.
It's a silly, rather easy style to draw.
As for unrealistic standard of beauty... some will agree with you, others will agree with you, never been a fan of painted ladies and skeletons myself.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
"Anyway, to the main point, are we pushing towards the human/alien-hybrid ideal, is this just some media ploy to slowly introduce us to this concept???"

No, we are not.

There is however an overt effort to desensitize the population to the reality of extra-terrestrial intelligent life. The slow and deliberate disclosures made about Mars and the recent comment by the Vatican all point to this.

Google "Brookings Report" It is the reason why we are not being told about life on other worlds or alien visitation.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by TruthTellist]

top topics

join