It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in London during peacefull carnival

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wtf as if they need that many cops to regain order, I thought they were supposed to be cops, makes them look like pussys when they have to storm the streets with their shields and numbers exceeding 11,000...

They should just drop the whole spartan idea and just bust out some shotguns with rubber bullets and that'll make people think twice about roughin up the hood... i'd flip out if I seen my tax money going to flooding the streets with police....

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The UK's cities are riddled with this disease of youth. It is a minority, but a bloody loud one. The effect these gangs have on the community is devastating. They vandalise private and public property, they litter profusely, they use terrible language at unnecessary levels and they have no respect for anything or anyone.

"There's nothing for them to do" is wearing thin as an excuse now. Granted there is not much to do for that age range, but then there never has been, I know my generation made it's own activities. There's a simple right and wrong. What these youths do day in day out across the UK is plain wrong. No excuse.

I hope they stop of their own accord.

Life is not Television, if any of them are reading this.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Howdy UK!

You dont suppose that if the public over there had the right to carry guns, that it might curb alot of this senseless violence towards the innocent?

Sorry, no, there would just be more dead people.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ya know, the funny thing about this to me, is that the police in the UK seem to be on the right side of the law. I didn't see any bobbies beating anyone and they all seemed to have their wits about them.

So I'm on the side of the police in this video.

It's sad that in America we have peaceful protests which devolve into the police acting like thugs.

Maybe we can import some good cops from the UK?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

Tell that to The Miners during The Miners Strike in 1982.
Police officers were used as agent provoceteurs to stir up trouble and instigate riots to further alienate The Miners from the public.
It worked very well.

The Police were used as a political tool to smash The Miners strikand to feed Thatcher's ego.
It devastated whole communities.

Or how about The Battle Of The Beanfield?

That this went unpunished and virtually unreported is a national disgrace.

Or how about The Murder Of Liddle Towers.

answers.yahoo.com...

Justifiable Homicide? WTF is that?
For being Drunk And Disorderly!

Or possibly Blair Peach.

en.wikipedia.org...

And that is without recountin any of the numerous personal experiences I have had with our friendly, impartial Police Force.
Dixon Of Dock Green the British Police most certainly are not.

I do not suscribe to the A.C.A.B. mentality that quite a few have over here but to portray them as squeeky clean upholders of the law is equally inaccurate.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vowles
Hardly, The The Notting Hill Carnival is always trouble. Thats why there was around 11,000 police officers were deployed at the event

I'd put it the other way around: there were around 11,000 police officers deployed at the event - that's why there is always trouble.

That's not just a flippant remark - it does appear most of the violence was targeted against the police.

I'm white and used to live and work in Notting Hill and enjoyed the carnival. I was never attacked or threatened. The first riots there were triggered by white racist youths attacking a mixed marriage couple. The Afro-Caribbean community became a target for racist gangs during the carnival and some fought back. There was anger, hate and racism from both sides, but year-in-year-out institutional racism enforced by the Metropolitan Police at that time (see Sus law) greatly exacerbated the tensions. There was also no doubt much testosterone-fuelled, random, for the hell of it violent behaviour from disaffected young men both black and white.

Vowles - before trying to rekindle race hate, please pay lip service to the facts. Even Scotland Yard say the recent trouble was caused by young men from outside Notting Hill using the event as a cover for their acts of thuggery and violence. I haven't seen any analysis of the racial mix or agenda of the invading gangs.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by EvilAxis]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join