It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots in London during peacefull carnival

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Riots in London during peacefull carnival

uk.youtube.com

South London Police under attack by up to 150 strong gang
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
\"South London Police under attack by up to 150 strong gang\"

See as the police are getting ready to take to the streets and take you down!

i like the fact they say that they took youths that could \"potentially\" cause trouble...so they arrest them.

Haha Welcome to the new world order!

uk.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hardly, The The Notting Hill Carnival is always trouble. Thats why there was around 11,000 police officers were deployed at the event, costing us bloody taxpayers £6 million. Police made close to 500 arrests.

When the event is actually over it gets worse, if you can find a white man out after dark around Notting Hill or Oval for example its well known they considered fair game for any black gang members roaming around.

So much for a showcase of diversty and the highlight of immigration, uck. Ban the travaesty now.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Vowles

Never been to notting hill carnival, and never will - remember the "steaming" incidents from a few years ago?

Or the gang fights which happen every year, along with muggings and unprovoked attacks?

The Handsworth carnival was bad enough - the level of abuse I got because of my skin colour was pretty bad, and it was only the fact that I was with a group of friends that stopped me getting attacked.

[edit on 27/8/2008 by budski]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This has not really been reported on in MSM, (or if it has then I have missed it!), here in the UK.

news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

There has been an upsurge in 'knife crime' here in the UK and MSM has taken great delight in using this as a tool to play on peoples fears and to justify oppresive policing instead of looking into and addressing real root causes.

I am not sure what 'pro-active policing' is but The Police need to have reasonable suspicion that you are about to or have committed a crime to search anyone. Something most people are unaware of.

I am certain that if I was a victim of 'pro-active policing' then I wouldn't take too kindly to it and may react to it in kind!

Another example of exploiting our own fears to further erode our civil liberties.

At what point will you rise up and say enough is enough?
When they are smashing in your front door?
I suppose then you will ask;
'How did it come to this?' and 'Why didn't you do something to stop this?'

Edit to correct link, I hope!

[edit on 27/8/08 by Freeborn]

[edit on 27/8/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hi Freeborn,
I just wanted to address your comment about knife crime.

According to official statistics, knife crime has NOT risen, instead the age group that are more likely to carry knives has shifted from the early to mid twenties group, to the 14 to 21 age group - not something the MSM will point out, but true according to government stats.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Bud, my point example.

If I was unaware of that, what chance have the sheeple?

They are using our own worst fears to turn this country into the most highly policed, governed, controlled nation in the world.

The shame of it!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Sorry freeborn - reply function didn't work.

Exactly right what you said though - bowling for columbine was on last night and I watched it with my GF (she'd never seen it before) and the thing that struck her most was the difference between the US and Canada and how news is reported in the 2 countries.

Moores point was a good one (although he didn't make it explicitly) about control by fear, through the MSM.

We have been seeing the same thing in the UK and it has been increasing since labour came to power - everything is designed to scare, to intimidate and to create a sense of fear in the public perception of their country in order to deflect from the real issues. Michael Crichton makes the same point in his book "State of Fear"

Stats don't bear this out, and yet people have the perception that the country is becoming more violent, mostly I have to say because of tabloid journalism, but also through the supposedly respected media.

A typical days news on even the BBC would be headline grabbing news about a stabbing and then a 20 second segment near the end about falling crime, or a massive front page headline followed by an article buried in the midle of a paper about crime falling overall.

It's a real concern.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I saw the videos of the gangs that would go on buses(or trains) in England and start hitting women and others, because they were white.
Sick!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
"Haha Welcome to the new world order!"
I don't think this is anything to do with NWO stuff honestly.
Do some research on this you'll find its to do with drunken drugged mobs and gangs going way back.

Notting Hill Carnival is an annual event which takes place on the streets of Notting Hill, London, UK each August, over two days (Sunday and the following bank holiday), since 1965.It is led by members of the Caribbean population, many of whom have lived in the area since the 1950s. The carnival has attracted up to 2 million people in the past, making it the second largest street festival in the world, after Rio.It is also often compared to Karneval der Kulturen in Berlin.

It attracted press attention in 1976 for clashes with the police, which continued for several years. More recently however Carnival has been portyrayed as a peaceful event despite the continuing violence and drug offences, and attracts press attention for the attendance figures.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vowles
Hardly, The The Notting Hill Carnival is always trouble. Thats why there was around 11,000 police officers were deployed at the event, costing us bloody taxpayers £6 million. Police made close to 500 arrests.

When the event is actually over it gets worse, if you can find a white man out after dark around Notting Hill or Oval for example its well known they considered fair game for any black gang members roaming around.

So much for a showcase of diversity and the highlight of immigration, uck. Ban the travesty now.

Im sorry but that remark is complety racist

The Gangs roaming the streets are white and black youths

The whole thing with its black this black that is bull#. why is race such a big thing ..sigh prick me do i not bleed? cut me do i not cry?

Its not a race thing any more its the whole generation granted the culture influence for young black males does play a part but that's a different topic, and it is quite rare for members of the general public to get targeted on the streets over nothing, as long as you don't go wandering but that's the same in every city!

I enjoyed the carnival this year as i have done for the past 6 (i'm 23)

i am also of the "hoodie" generation grew up on a council estate and spent enough time with those types of thugs to know how these things kick of

1) heavy handed policing(was more police this year then at any other due to the whole "knife Crime" PR campaign
2)Alcohol + Heat makes this light weights really thugish with those stella

3)a few bad apples to incite the rest into a all out conflict with the police - this is a well known event in any big groups AKA Sheep's

Just one little thing .. "one kiss of the teeth and innit" and it kicks of and gangs will be gangs and always look after there own as its like Family

Try and catch Ross Kemps Gangs on London to get a view on whats happening on the streets... its so Shockingly true,

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Where are you people getting this Black gangs attacking white people on buses and trains from? I've been to the notting hill carnival and had a fantastic time, I've lived with a friend in Brixton, the way some people put it, you think Britain was in the middle of a race war or something, what absolute crap.

It seems your saying what they want you to say, I'm sure there must be some Members from London on here, let me ask you, do you fear going to the carnival?

It is no worse than anywhere else in Britain, i live 1 mile from Toxteth, where in 1982 some of the worse riots in Britain ever took place, where CS gas was used for the first time on Mainland Britain, i don't even think twice about walking down to Granby street to buy some ingredients i cant buy in ASDA, all that crap is a distant memory.

Don't be pulled into the Black hating White nonsense, I'm sure there are a very small amount of places where it happens, but not like is being told here.

And yes I'm White, all this Hatred is being bred into people, and it has to be by the people you say are the NWO, don't do their job for them.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I can't find it.
But, it was a couple of young guys hitting a woman and laughing at her. She was crying.
It looked like a subway train.

The article said they were going around doing that to people and taping it.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Yes that was a bad incident all because the women had repeatedly over a couple of weeks told them to stop smoking on the platform and in the end they pushed her on to the track

There are some thugs out there

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Howdy UK!

You dont suppose that if the public over there had the right to carry guns, that it might curb alot of this senseless violence towards the innocent?

Maybe people should carry stunners if not guns. Something to defend yourselves with. Obviously the crime sector is not going to give a bloody hoopla about gun laws, thus why make yourselves vulnerable to the violent criminal will??

Just curious. Have a nice evening!

Cheers!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

hehe well an on going debate should all our police carry guns.

Looks over the pond nah We've learned from The US that it don't work like that Police carry guns = More Criminals carry guns

and Tasers well "Dont taze me bro" comes to mind

and you guys got that whole Bare arms thing all mixed up

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Fix poverty and this perceived racism, and actual knife crime, will go away. You don't get MDs and CEOs in The City knifing each other, just poor people. Desperate times call for desperate measures, and living your life in poverty is as desperate as you can get.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TreX-UK

Hah, So I'm being racist because I've broke the laws of political correctness and raised a racial issue with the event in question.

The 40 strong gang of youths who charged the police were black at Ladbroke Grove, 150 or more black youths fought for entrance to the carnival from Oval.

Dear me, I see you say you're of the 'hoodie' generation in this I imagine you mean you were exposed the potent far left propaganda of the 90s, bought up to believe only white people are 'racist' and they are the cause of all evil on this country.

Is it not fact that

Afro-Caribbean community, whilst making up just 9% of London’s population were responsible for no less than 42% of all violence against the person crimes in London involving an offensive weapon.

Mentioned in three GLA meetings, discussed by two GLA members and confirmed by the Mayor himself.

Or are these statistics merely inherently racist as well?

All this, avoiding the cause because its a politically enforced taboo will not solve the problem. We need to deal with the issues and not hide from them as we're forced to do. I wont sit here and as you'd like me too pretend there aren't white gangs, white hooligans because there are. But with the people in question and with the very aspect of the event the problem arouse out of the black community.

Get off the 'You're racist' bandwagon its getting old.

I must also ask, are you white? And have you been around the Croydon areas of London at night? Or maybe St Pauls in Bristol? How about Moss Side in Manchester?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Vowles

well as i said there is a Culture reason behind this but as i said that's really for another topic

I am white was not brought up with a Far left ideals your going out on a whim with that as you don't know me!, By Hoodie Genaration i mean we were left hung out to dry by the failing school system here's an example

Kid is highly Disruptive in lessons this can be caused by a lot of reasons

Teacher has 30 kids in class who can be taught and 1 disruptive kid, Teacher is going to send out the Disruptive kid and teach the others

although they are disruptive does this mean they can not be taught? they can but with special 1 on 1 care not many schools can afford for all these "Special Needs Teachers" its getting better now days but there's already been a whole Generation let down

So this kid thinks Fark school and roams the streets,
Say this kid is 12-15

he sees his peers 16-20 the older boys, already in the gang making some Paper from selling drugs.. these kids think ..hey aient that cool they got nice new cloths and some money!

So these kids get used by the older boys to run drugs about london if you know what to look for its everwere!

and thus it begins

as for the prison system HA! its seen as a easy way out ... I Get free food roof over my head and the use of playstations and so on,
also go in to prison with a GCSE in crime... come out with a PhD in it

I was a Fairly bright kid at school, Had Dyslexia and it made it hard to keep up in class, all i got was im stupid, Poor Attention span blah blah Years 10 and 11 i was there all of 1 term rest was spent bunking..why? who wants to go to school and get told there stupid and lazy? did some stupid things when i was younger manly to look good in front of peers AND that is a big part of all this

as for Croydon
lived in Thorton Heath for 3 years and coming from surrey it was a eye opener but only a mug gets them selves in trouble its quite easy to stay out of trouble in those areas....hood up hat down! and get on with your on thing

There is a lot of Black on black .. but if your going to throw figures around..and whoop to dooo % this 1/2 that and you've got all the information right?

Well i bet those stats of yours would go down the pan if you added black vs white Violent crime with a weapon

also its like saying

Not all blacks are gang members

but most gang members are black...were does this sound familiar

not all arabs are terrorists

but most Terrorists are arab

It seems to me your a bit out of touch with how things work on the streets just like all the people that attend those GLA meetings go home to there nice houses with a gate and fence around it

and you also seem to point towards that i think black people are not racist

it works both ways

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I was at Nottinghill Carnival, but i left about 2pm, didn't notice anyone getting roudy.. Pretty glad i left when i did to be honest.

Was a great time though =p feet are killing me from walking about =D

top topics

<<   2 >>

join