It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trees and lakes on mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
im not sure if this has been seen before..if it has please close but it so amazed me i thought id post it here:

mmmgroup.altervista.org...

WHY are nasa still playing around with 'is there water on mars or not' rubbish..what are they really doing with our tax money?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Yes..these were taken by the MOC camera. The images were held back for awhile and a huge fuss was raised about images being witheld. This one you are showing is just one of them.

I have that one in archive from when it was released, along with about 100 or more that show some very interesting and obvious "doesnt belong there" objects within them.

I have one from those images that were held back and then released, which I need to locate in my 500+ CD archive, an image that shows what appears to be a water refining facility, in ruins of course, but definately shows objects that do not match the surrounding terrain and is sitting right next to an ancient dried up river.

Cheers!!

[edit on 27-8-2008 by RFBurns]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The title of your thread is "trees and lakes on mars." However, these images truly are "what appear to be trees and lakes" or "what may or may not be trees and lakes on mars." You can't jump to conclusions based on pictures of what look like vegetation and lakes.

The lakes do look like lakes, but they could be from millions (billions?) of years ago, when water was still abundant on mars (ie. no water in them anymore).

The vegetation I am still undecided on. It looks to me more like formations or cracks on the ground. (there is a lack of depth to the "trees" - just compare it to trees on Google Earth)

Anyways, I think what we really need is more detailed, modern images of these areas before we can decide anything. The stuff in the pictures definitely seems out of place, but I don't think we can declare them as trees and lakes yet.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
This has been discussed here and here

Please continue in the existing threads.

Thank you.
Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join