It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nicest way to dump someone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What do you think is the nicest way to dump someone? Im not sure, I can never dump someone because I hate hurting their feelings. Unless they cheat on me. Then its:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I began to suspect that a former girlfriend of mine wanted to give me the brush off when she started to make excuses for not going out. My favorite was "I don't think we should go out tonight because there is a flash flood watch." I took the hint and stopped calling.

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Best way is to just say"lets take a break" i have said this to my g/f a few times but she always cries, maybe try it to your partner.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Always a hard one!

The best way is to be honest!
in a nice way lol

If its not working then she will know this also....but always give a good reason..even if its just you have fallen out of love...and want to be free again..

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I do not need a relationship right now; You are too good for me..........

Now those are no fun, here's a few not so nice ones:
I wanna be single for spring break; You have been gaining weight since I met you and you are not pregnant; Go to the adult toy store and get play toy, give him/her it and say you'll be needed this because your not going to get from me anymore; If all else cheat on him/her with their best friend.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
What do you think is the nicest way to dump someone?

There's no such thing as a nice way to dump someone. Best thing you cand do is be honest and dont give any stupid excuses that may come back to haunt you. BE HONEST.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
What do you think is the nicest way to dump someone? Im not sure, I can never dump someone because I hate hurting their feelings. Unless they cheat on me. Then its:

This one is my all time favorite:

"We need to take a break"

*wait for significant other to ask why*

"Its not you, its me"

Then just bullsh*t your way around any other questions.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Hey baby. Yeah I think we need to like go and see other people and stuff. Oh, by the way, this is Britney. I met her at the titty bar last night. We gonna go catch a flick. Gotta go. See ya when I see ya...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Don't know really, but "Because I want to have sex with lots of other women!" never really goes over well.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Dear baby, welcome to Dumpsville, population: You

My mom thinks you're a dork

Did you take the garbage out yet? Cuz you just got dumped!

Could you please remove your close from the closet? They are much to large for my new girl friend.

I'm not gay, but I'll learn.

Sorry, my doctor said I have to cut out all fat.

Now that I'm finally sober, I don't think this relationship is going to work.

I am sorry, I thought you were someone else.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
The truth usually hurts. Trying to make someone dump you never seems to work for me, I guess when someone really likes you they will not pick up on the signs of "neglect" and whatever else is thrown at the unwanted one. Nothing is worse than being a part of a one way relationship.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Just break off contact. Stop taking their calls and don't call them. Pretend that they don't exist.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Just break off contact. Stop taking their calls and don't call them. Pretend that they don't exist.

Thats really mean!

I guess honesty is the best way out.

posted on Mar, 20 2004 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Heres my favorite one:

Claim that you were abducted by aliens and they implanted a nuero-transmitter in you and are sending you signals that say "Break up with the Dork"

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The, " I need to spend time by myself" speech is always good. That, "it is not you, it is me" speech to follow. It gets you off the hook of being the bad guy.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Narnia]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Until I grew up a little it was always just "stop calling"...

Then I got better. I would move out if I lived with her while she was at work.
Or telling my wife I wanted a divorce was pretty clear cut.

I think I've had some doozies done to me though.

Dropping me off at the airport for a work trip, then not picking me up after.

Moving to Florida when I wasn't looking.

Answering the phone "Did you get the test results back???" Oh it's you."
That one sucked. She turned her phone off permanently after that.

The eighties/early ninties were big for AIDS scares. Everyone was either convinced they had it, or were willing to tell someone they did to dump 'em.

Memories...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
what's with all the dork bashing you guys!?

and yeah, honesty is the best way. no matter how you do it, it'll hurt. unless they want the same thing, that is. breaking up a relationship is one of the hardest things to do, but don't keep putting it off and off. that will only make it worse. seriously, whatever you do, do not put it off.

posted on May, 5 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
there is no nice way to finish a relationship unles both of you feel like it.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
"I really love you, but you are interfering with my satanic practices. WE believe that you can either join us, or WE will have to kill you."

"Honey, I just got my test results back. Do you have warts?"

"You're a much better lover than your mom."

If she doesn't break it off after hearing any of those, RUN LIKE HELL!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
There really isn't an EASY way to break someone's heart, now is there?

Best way is to just say"lets take a break" i have said this to my g/f a few times but she always cries, maybe try it to your partner.

Ross and Rachel of Friends fame comes to mind....I wouldn't use this one, hehe...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join