It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angels and Demons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Anyone read Angels and Demons? It's about the Illuminati and thyre grudge with the catholic church. I really reccomend it. DO you guys really think Galeleo was the Leader of the Illuminati?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well if the actual "Order of the Illuminati" was founded by a Jesuit priest(Adam Weishaupt); would that not give the Order of the Illuminati and Catholic Church a direct connection TO one another, as opposed to implying a grudge between the two?

[Edited on 17-3-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Weishaupt was not a priest; nor he was a Jesuit or a Catholic.
He was professor of law at the University of Igolstadt in Bavaria, which was controlled by the Jesuits. The Jesuits had him fired because of his religious beliefs, prompting him to form the Illuminati.
Weishaupt was raised Catholic, and was educated at the Jesuit University. He met Voltaire on a trip to Prussia, and after listening to the Fench philosopher's lectures, he (Weishaupt) became a Deist.
Deism was the popular theology among the intelligentsia of the Enlightenment. They believed in God, but not in religion, miracles, or scriptures. They saw God as sort of a scientist, revealing Himself through the mysterious but awe-inspiring laws of Nature, recently discovered in Newtonian physics. They were strictly rationalistic, and considered Roman Catholicism to be the remnant of dark age superstition.
Weishaupt began teaching Deistic doctrines which angered his Jesuit peers. After his expulsion, he dedicated himself to fight what he believed to be oppression, and the Illuminati was vehemently anti-Catholic.
When the Illuminati was eventually surpressed by the Electorate of Bavaria, it was the Jesuits who invented anti-Illuminati conspiracy theories in an attempt to discredit Weishaupt and his collaborators. The Jesuit myths concerning the Illuminati have persisted to even this day.
For more info on the Church's (and especially the Jesuits) misinformation campaign against the Illuminati, see Weishaupt's "In Defense of Illuminism."

P.S. for Fiend:

Galileo died before the Illuminati was formed, but his ideas strongly influenced the Illuminati, as well as Weishaupt personally. Ironically, Galileo was also heavily persecuted by the Church, with his astronomical discoveries putting his life in danger.

Fiat Lvx.

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by Masonic Light]

[Edited on 18-3-2004 by Masonic Light]

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
the illumanati are simply bloodlines, pure bloodlines direct from Cain. His father was satan. thats how far they go back. everyone is connecting the dots, so the secret societies are trying to throw off everyone on their path

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Have you guys ever wondered why May the 1st is a significant holiday? It is the day the illuminatti was foundered.

Governments give May 1st some other holiday name, but celebrate it nonetheless.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I bought it Friday night, got finished with it on Saturday Night. Great book, wish is was in a different forum to discuss this.

But I'm not sure on some of his things in his book, all he said were facts was the Statues in Rome and a fact on Anti-matter. Maybe we should start this somewhere else as to discuss what's in the book?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Weishaupt was not a priest; nor he was a Jesuit or a Catholic.
He was professor of law at the University of Igolstadt in Bavaria, which was controlled by the Jesuits.

Now I see how I associated Adam Weishaupt with the Jesuits. Sorry if I got it twisted.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Its fascinating: when you try to research the Knights Templar or the Illuminati, you always encounter multiple versions of any one story.

The story I got: Adam Weishaupt was raised by the Jesuits. Something happened to him in his final year in school that turned him against religion and the Catholic Church.

The status of Illuminated is older than the organization founded by Weishaupt. The Alumbrados was a Spanish organization of Illuminati long before Weishaupt took the name out of the closet.

The CIA is delighted with all the various accusations and conspiracy theories that swirl around it. With so many false theories around, if the truth stumbles out, nobody recognizes it. Same with the Illuminati; all of the conflicting stories going around make it impossible to determine which if any are the truth.

Which makes me believe that the false stories circulated about the Knights Templar, CIA, Illuminati et cetera are part of an active, orchestrated disinformation campaign. Orchestrated by the Knights Templar, CIA, Illuminati et cetera.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I bought it some time ago and am reading it at the moment. Another great novel by Dan Brown. Does anyone know what's true about the Illuminati using the Bavarian Freemasons for hiding from the Vatican as Brown suggests?

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knightmare
the illumanati are simply bloodlines, pure bloodlines direct from Cain. His father was satan. thats how far they go back. everyone is connecting the dots, so the secret societies are trying to throw off everyone on their path

Cain and Abel were the sons of Adam and Eve. Satan had nothing to do with my favorite biblical character. As for bloodlines...yes, they are important to the illuminati.

DE

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I love this book, along with Dan Brown's other works. I love the fact that he puts in so much time researching before he goes to write, that makes his books so much better.

If you like Angels and Demons, I reccomend you read The Da Vinci Code, and also Deception Point. I haven't read his 4th book yet (Digital Fortress) but I mean to soon.

His next book is gonna be about the Freemasons.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Davo
Have you guys ever wondered why May the 1st is a significant holiday? It is the day the illuminatti was foundered.

Governments give May 1st some other holiday name, but celebrate it nonetheless.

Yeah its viewed as the true labor day or may day. Especially in communist nations. Its also Lei Day in Hawaii. What do we make of that?

So you think the godless communists celebrate on May 1st with the Illuminati? Uhhhhhh.....yeah.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Researcher
The story I got: Adam Weishaupt was raised by the Jesuits. Something happened to him in his final year in school that turned him against religion and the Catholic Church.

That is correct. At the time, the Church had established a dictatorship in Bavaria through its Jesuit arm. This also explains why the Illuminati were strongly supported by the Bavarian intellectuals and "free thinkers".

The status of Illuminated is older than the organization founded by Weishaupt. The Alumbrados was a Spanish organization of Illuminati long before Weishaupt took the name out of the closet.

The Illuminati itself was the the brainchild of Weishaupt, although he used older, similar secret societies as his role model. At the time, the Latin word "illuminati", meaning "enlightened", was in general usage to denote any group of people who had adopted the principles of the so-called "Age of Enlightenment", and there were numerous clubs, reading circles, and Masonic Rites that called themselves "illuminati" who were not affiliated with Weishaupt's Order.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
You should read the second book now

Dan brown The Davinci Code.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Like the DaVinci Code, he does some solid reseach for this one. In fact, I actually liked it better the second Langdon novel (DaVinci Code). Angels and Demons had a good mix of technology and religion.

As for the Illuminati, the Catholic church made claims in the 18th century that the Illuminati were devil worshipers set at bringing down the church. So, I don't think the two groups were on speaking terms...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 03:22 AM
link   
'foucault's pendulum' by umberto eco(who also wrote, 'the name of the rose') is another great read of this ilk.
that's my two cents for this thread. happy hunting, seekers.

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I liked how Brown was able to tie the relevance of Antimatter to God and Satan and all that religious symbology. It was my favorite of his books, and after reading it in one sitting (yes its true), I am now done with the Da Vinci Code, and onto the Deception point.

Now all I have left is "The Creature from Jekyll Island" by G. Edward Griffin, "Holding Fast the Inner Lines" by Stephen Vaughn, "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy" by Greg Palast, and "Angels Don't Play This HAARP" by Geane Manning and NIck Begich

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
why are cains sons not listed with adams?

they are still probably decendants of that line

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Adam and Eve , Cain and Able and the illumiati.. Ok I have heard it all this place s just straight nuts

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
been reading throu here, haven't heard about this before. I feel its an interesting subject *searches for more*

top topics

join