It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discovery channel crew, film a bizzare ufo "yesterday 26/08/08".

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by atlasastro

Thanks for your reply.I think I have seen that arch on google pics,because after my sighting I did some reseach to see if I could find any other pics of balloons that might account for mine.The arch balloons are the best comparison I have seen as to the shape.The only problem I have got is that mine keeps changing shape and also was in the same spot(although it moved away from me against thye wind at one stage,you can see this on my videos if you watch them all as the object gets smaller) for 45mins in a recorded force 3 wind before moving off at about 30mph across the town.What balloon stays roughly in the same spot for at least 45mins in a force 3? Also watching this thing through bresser mead 10x50 brand new binoculars i had a very good view of this object and although at first glance did look like a balloon after watching it for over 45 mins I can say with hand on heart it was not in my opinion a balloon it was very strange.You had to be there I guess.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

You will probably receive an e-mail from YouTube.

That happened to me with a NASA video, someone said they own the copyright and YouTube sent me an e-mail saying that my video was copyrighted and that I should do what the copyright holder wanted.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

You could be right,will have to wait and see.At least I have a copy.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

You will probably receive an e-mail from YouTube.

That happened to me with a NASA video, someone said they own the copyright and YouTube sent me an e-mail saying that my video was copyrighted and that I should do what the copyright holder wanted.

[/quotWhat I find strange is that he would want to go to the expense of getting copyright for what he nows says is a bunch of balloons.Would it not be easy to just put a message on the video stating how he now felt that they were just balloons.Or is that just too simple? I get the feeling that there is a little more to this than just a bunch of balloons. If I am wrong then,hey im wrong but it does all seem very odd.

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Just in case you have not read your own thread entirely the videographer mexican
Arturo Robles Gil ALREADY sent a statement, message or whatever you want to
name it specially to the ATS members explaining about this sighting and how he
got confused by the balloons due to the high altitude, but he finally reacted and
declared the sighting as mundane removing his video from Youtube and presenting
his apologies to us here in ATS. The videographer himself concluded the case
so any further discussion or theory about this sighting is just speculation without
solid grounds. He was there as well as the tv crew.

I don't see any reason to keep insisting on the same topic over and over wich is
just a waste of time unless you are trying to get attention making castles in the
air. I'm sorry if I sound rude but it's time to stop this nonsense.

I spoke again with Mr. Robles who lives in Mexico City and he confirmed he is
requesting Youtube and other websites to remove the copies of his video precisely
because it was a mistake and it's creating confusion. Mr. Robles is embarrassed by
this episode and regrets how it has escalated.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Out of interest what made him change his mind after the event.What new evidence did he see to make him think that it was definatly balloons. When you watch the video he seems very sure that this is not a balloon.Unless he saw the thing fall to earth or saw footage from the pro camera that was irrefutable,what new reason would come to light that would change his mind so firmly? No offence but I have asked this guy myself and have had no answer . There is alot of interest in this video it does look very strange.I myself am very interested in this vid as it the same type of object that I have recorded that hung around for 45mins weirdly changing shape, in a recorded force3 wind, before moving off at about 30mph.And it does not matter what you or anyone else says,I know what I saw. If the discovery vid was a balloon ,so be it.No one is going to blame him as it looks so strange as to trick alot of people.But untill he comes back with a concrete reason why he has done a Gordon Brown style U turn then I am still on the fence and alot of other people will remain very suspicious .He really needs to clear this one up .

Thanks for your input on this matter .Kind regards Tarifa37

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Saw the video, sure looks like a group of mylar balloons to me. Chances are that if it looks like a balloon and floats like a balloon, It a balloon. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Out of interest what made him change his mind after the event.What new evidence did he see to make him think that it was definatly balloons. When you watch the video he seems very sure that this is not a balloon.Unless he saw the thing fall to earth or saw footage from the pro camera that was irrefutable,what new reason would come to light that would change his mind so firmly? No offence but I have asked this guy myself and have had no answer . There is alot of interest in this video it does look very strange.I myself am very interested in this vid as it the same type of object that I have recorded that hung around for 45mins weirdly changing shape, in a recorded force3 wind, before moving off at about 30mph.And it does not matter what you or anyone else says,I know what I saw. If the discovery vid was a balloon ,so be it.No one is going to blame him as it looks so strange as to trick alot of people.But untill he comes back with a concrete reason why he has done a Gordon Brown style U turn then I am still on the fence and alot of other people will remain very suspicious .He really needs to clear this one up .

Thanks for your input on this matter .Kind regards Tarifa37

Then it's clear you are trying to authenticate your own sighting (wich I have'nt seen)
linking the mexican video to yours. The mexican sighting is a proved and confirmed
mundane sighting of a group of balloons, this is a fact accepted by the general
opinion here therefore your sighting must be also balloons if you insist it is very
similar and has the same characteristics, simple.

But you are also a stubborn person saying Mr. Robles needs to clear this up (?)
Have'nt you read the statements? I don't recall to have seen such a stubborness
in a long time insisting in establish a nonexistent ufo event against all the facts
presented, this was a mundane sighting, they were balloons period.

Well go ahead making a fool of yourself insisting on your absurd theory of a
nonexistent mystery in this sighting but keep in mind by doing this you are trying to
create disinformation and all the facts will accuse you so why don't you quit and
focus your efforts in your own sighting, forget about this mexican incident before
you disqualifiy yourself in ridicule.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
These images submitted to our consideration by mexican skywatcher Arturo Robles Gil.
Do we need to say more?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Wow seem to have hit a nerve.1st off I am not trying to authenticate my own sighting,I know its authentic.2nd Why don't you try watching my videos of my 16/6/08 sighting ,then you may come to understand my interest in that type of sighting.3rd. I see no proof that it is just a balloon.and let me make this very clear, I am not saying that I think it is a ufo,just that it looks very strange .I aways have refered to it as an object. You have shown no proof it is a balloon other than a couple of stills with its a balloon typed at the bottom.That is not proof,its opinion. Proof would be a still shot that showed a string or a picture of homer simpson on the side of one of them.Or someone who came forward and said that they had released it for a laugh.4th you say I am stubborn,what I am is a free thinker,I won't be told something and automatically believe it without a shred of proof,that would be naive. 5th this a conspiracy site almost anything goes(have you read some of the threads on here?). so no I am not looking like a fool for bringing this strange vid to the attention of the readers of this cool site. 6th Ytube has now pulled my video of the object so you won't have to worry anymore as its now a dead thread anyway. I still have the vid for my own use,so will now wait to see if any further sightings of this type of object get reported.

Once again thanks for your input to this thread,its what ats is all about freedom of speech and above all thinking outside the box.

Kind regards Tarifa37

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
These images submitted to our consideration by mexican skywatcher Arturo Robles Gil.
Sorry, but I have to be somewhat sceptical about it, how do we know that they were submitted by him?

Or did you wrote that just because the images are from his video?

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Sorry, but I have to be somewhat sceptical about it, how do we know that they were submitted by him?

Please don't apologize about being sceptical, it is what separates us from the rest of the sheep out there.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Can still be seen on youtube for now. Balloon ? Ufo? Other you decide.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Also posted www.youtube.com...
and www.youtube.com... and www.youtube.com... and www.youtube.com... and www.youtube.com...

So as you can see still alot of interest about this video and opinion is divided. As quick as ytube pulls them they keep getting posted again.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I have to agree with you
although the OP is raving the subject a bit ...

free-sirit should provide a direct link to these pictures and the Arturo's disclaimer he provided...
doesn't Robles have a website,or a blog where we could evidence his opinions on the subject ?!

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkraver

I have to agree with you
although the OP is raving the subject a bit ...

free-sirit should provide a direct link to these pictures and the Arturo's disclaimer he provided...
doesn't Robles have a website,or a blog where we could evidence his opinions on the subject ?!

Thanks for your post,let me get this straight I am 90% sure that this video is of balloons.The reasons that I am still "raving the subject a bit " and 10% unsure are (a )I have had a sighting of what first looks like a balloon but I think is something else www.youtube.com... www.youtube.com... (b) The movement does not seem right (although the quality of the video is not good enough to say for sure either way) (c) Why has this poor footage of balloons taken on a sony handycam been copyrighted? Am I the only person who thinks that is strange? (d) where is the pro footage that could clear this up with factual evidence.

To be honest if I had not had my own sighting , I too would have just said balloons straight off. The way this vid has been handled is almost more strange than the vid itself.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   

He does have a youtube accountwww.youtube.com... ,and you will see on the comments board that I have asked him why he took it down,and there is no mention of it by him on that site.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I have found the vid posted on Liveleak www.liveleak.com... it has goy over 80,000 hits and 348 comments. I now think after watching this over carefully that it is a balloon,what swung it for me is the arm like pieces do seem to be catching the wind and causing the whole object to rotate and move in a strange manner. I still can't work out why he copyrighted balloons and got all the vids acceppt a few pulled.Seems like thousands of people have now seen this anyway.Maybe time will tell. I would still love to see the pro footage just to confirm once and for all that it is what I now think it is ,balloons! Still does not explain mine though.

posted on Sep, 5 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Footage of my main video of 16/6/08 with full audio at live leak www.liveleak.com... (i did not know it was there) as I took this down from youtube.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join