It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi. Can I drill in to your heads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
My most unfavorite politician got into a heated exchange with hecklers today regarding off shore drilling. Our favorite executive branch softie who has lowered the hammer on no possible impeachment apparently felt her oats tonite.

August 26, 2008
Categories: Bad behavior

Pelosi to protesters: "Can we drill your brains?"

House Democratic leaders and protesters waving McCain signs had a war of words Tuesday at a press event outside an old train station. The demonstrators interrupted House Speaker Nancy Pelosi with chants of “Drill here! Drill now!”

Pelosi paused and asked the group, “Right here?”

Seeming to enjoy the back and forth, she followed with another question: “Can we drill your brains?”

She went on to refer to the protesters, who continued to chant sporadically, as “handmaidens of Big Oil.” Arguing that increased offshore drilling would reduce gas prices by only a couple of pennies a decade from now, she referred to the demonstrators as the “2-cents-in-10-years-crowd.”

Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer swiped at the demonstrators, too, saying that “sophomoric chanting” won’t solve the energy crisis and that “all thinking Americans know” — stressing the word "thinking" and looking at the crowd — that America doesn’t have a quarter of the word’s fossil fuels yet uses a quarter of the world’s energy.

By Ryan Grim 02:24 PM
comments (911) | post comment | permalink

[edit on 8/27/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I guess the pantsuited Hillary led to a swell in her shoes. Pelosi is about the most worthless politician I have ever known. I dispatch that with great prejudice.
'Hand maiden of big oil'. No Nancy, your w's flunky.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I believe the snarling fury of our 'cough' politicians is indicative of a greater disrespect of the common people. Like we didn't know that. Gods and immortals....not.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
I guess the pantsuited Hillary led to a swell in her shoes. Pelosi is about the most worthless politician I have ever known. I dispatch that with great prejudice.
'Hand maiden of big oil'. No Nancy, your w's flunky.

Yep this is the new day that Pelosi exclaimed when the Democrats swept to power in 2006.

The democrat elite were mad for years about Bush, but then suddenly went quiet when they realized that they can grab the same payoffs that the republicans have been enjoying since 2002.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Her book was a total bomb.

Everyone in the country knows who she really is, and nobody wants to read about it that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
pelosi=traitor in my opinion

she's the one who took impeacment off the table and has no guts to stand up to the NWO

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Arguing that increased offshore drilling would reduce gas prices by only a couple of pennies a decade from now, she referred to the demonstrators as the “2-cents-in-10-years-crowd.”

Hagel said the same thing. He said that increasing the output by 100,000 barrels a day (I think) would only reduce it two cents.

BUT, if Saudi increased their output the same amount, it would knock the price of a gallon of gas down to $2.

Guess that Saudi oil is better than US oil, huh, Charlie?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Other than the fact that 'any' thread I make is immediately deep sixed. And I have asked the experts about this. We have enough natural gas here and in Canada to take care of us for years. I think I made some enemies. That is unforntuate. Because I try not to be a d head. I guess if I said I was a reptililian uncle I'd get more play time. I just really don't get it.

[edit on 8/28/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
From a woman who seems to belive that "natural gas" is a renewable, non fossil fuel, I expect nothing less than idiocy and ignorance.
Has Pelosi ever done anything to suggest she is not either ignorant nor a mindless dingbat?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
You said Pelosi. Oh my goodness. My most unfavorite topic.One liner . By all all means feel free to spank.reply to post by Shazam The Unbowed

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Hagel said the same thing. He said that increasing the output by 100,000 barrels a day (I think) would only reduce it two cents.

BUT, if Saudi increased their output the same amount, it would knock the price of a gallon of gas down to $2.

Guess that Saudi oil is better than US oil, huh, Charlie?

Not better. Saudi oil is simply much cheaper to extract. Being much cheaper, any increase in supply would have a larger effect on the price of oil around the world.

I hate using analogies but I really want a doughnut right now:
  • If you bought 1,000 doughnuts for $5,000 dollars then each doughnut cost $5.
  • If you added 500 doughnuts to your order at $4 per doughnut it would raise the amount to $7,000 or about $4.66 dollars per doughnut - a savings of only $0.34 per doughnut.
  • But if you found a vendor who was willing to sell you 500 doughnuts for $1 each then your total only comes to $5,500 or $3.66 per doughnut - you saved about $1.34 per doughnut this time.
  • Overall you lowered the cost by an extra $1 per doughnut by finding a cheaper seller.

Jon

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I very much appreciate your thoughts on the matter. I believe I have certain ascendents here who don't particurlary like me. I can't get a thread on to save my life. I am working on that. But maybe if I said I was a reptilian giant or a vampire I might get on.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel
Not better. Saudi oil is simply much cheaper to extract.

And how much longer to we get hooked on foreign oil???

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Existing thread on this topic here

I'd suggest moving the discussion there as that's probably what will happen soon regardless.

Doesn't seem to be much interest though.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shazam The Unbowed
From a woman who seems to belive that "natural gas" is a renewable, non fossil fuel, I expect nothing less than idiocy and ignorance.
Has Pelosi ever done anything to suggest she is not either ignorant nor a mindless dingbat?

This is the quality of work going in to the new gun ban.

Where are the term limits? Idiots must go.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'm by no means a fan of Pelosi (can't stand her, mostly), but personally I thought her response was pretty funny.

Lets see how the pro-oil company protesters would feel when Exxon comes to drill in their front yards - somehow I think their tune would change pretty quickly.

As for anyone who would go out and protest in favor of multinational oil companies - well, I suspect drilling into their heads for brains would be a fruitless endeavor, as one wouldn't find anything

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Very wise words x. I totally did not see that coming. Thank you for your input. Back to the drawing table.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voxel

Not better. Saudi oil is simply much cheaper to extract. Being much cheaper, any increase in supply would have a larger effect on the price of oil around the world.

Well thats a novel argument. It is also fundamentally, completely, and unequivocally wrong. Oil is a Fungible product. That means that no matter where oil comes from, or how much it costs to extract, it costs the exact same amount. The amount it costs the Saudi's to extract the oil only matters to the Saudi's, noone else.
The global price of oil is determined by the global supply and demand, not the costs of extraction. For virtually every source of oil today, the cost of extraction is far below the global price. As an example oil shale costs about the equivalent of 70 dollars a barrel extract usable energy from, which is alomost double what it costs SA to drill, yet they are sold at the exact same per barrel price. There is NO difference as far as the global comoddities markets are concerned, between 100,000 barrels of SA oil, or 100,000 barrels of oil from anywhere else, so far as effecting the price of oil overall is concerned.

I hate using analogies but I really want a doughnut right now:
  • If you bought 1,000 doughnuts for $5,000 dollars then each doughnut cost $5.
  • If you added 500 doughnuts to your order at $4 per doughnut it would raise the amount to $7,000 or about $4.66 dollars per doughnut - a savings of only $0.34 per doughnut.
  • But if you found a vendor who was willing to sell you 500 doughnuts for $1 each then your total only comes to $5,500 or $3.66 per doughnut - you saved about $1.34 per doughnut this time.
  • Overall you lowered the cost by an extra $1 per doughnut by finding a cheaper seller.

Again, oil is fungible. Regardless of where it comes from, it all costs exactly the same.

Jon

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

Lets see how the pro-oil company protesters would feel when Exxon comes to drill in their front yards - somehow I think their tune would change pretty quickly.

I take it you have never been to texas?
As to your question, Sign me up. I would gladly allow exxon-mobil to PAY ME to drill in my yard.

As for anyone who would go out and protest in favor of multinational oil companies - well, I suspect drilling into their heads for brains would be a fruitless endeavor, as one wouldn't find anything

I feel the exact same way about people who protest against allow america to tap its own resources, especially since its the anti-drilling side that relies on erroneous arguments, false innuendo, blatanet misinformation, and outright lies.

top topics

join