It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He's not my friend!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
As I was browsing through posts on a thread I noticed this person listed as one of my friends!
It looks like he has several friends that might not be!
...and several foes!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

...is he yours?

I checked the profile and he has not made any threads, a few posts is all!

Shows that I am his friend but, never have even noticed him until now, and is not listed as one on my profile!

I am thinking he is one with many accounts maybe, or a hacker?

[edit on 8/27/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Wow, he is pretty popular. Someone named Souls has me listed as someone who friended them as well, even though I have no idea who they are and they don't show up on my profile.

That is odd.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

ky has me down as a friend, too, and I never picked anybody of that name.

Either some kind of game-related thing, or an administrative siding in the great marshalling yard of ATS.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I've got a ton of friends and foes, and I've only ever chosen one friend who had chosen me, I recipricated. I'm stuck with "agent violet" member's list of F &F's! I just keep responding to these threads about the mix-ups now, hoping this glitch could be fixed ....

JAK

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
There is an explanation of this issue here:
Jak

[edit on 27/8/08 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
It's because you have several members on your friendlist with "ky" within their usernames. Seems like the friend/foe system is not 100% perfect. You add someone with "abc" as their username, and then you'll automatically add members "abcd" and "xabc" as well, if such usernames exist. Maybe this will be fixed someday, I don't know. It's probably not a first priority problem, and I don't know how easy it'll be to fix.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
It's because you have several members on your friendlist with "ky" within their usernames.

...okay thankx that actually crossed my mind also!

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
this is a really easy problem to fix.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
He's got me on the list as well. Not really a big deal, but it is kind of obnoxious nonetheless. I would like to see this get resolved, but if it doesn't, I guess we just have to live with the mystery friend.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Typical, I'm the only one left out. Again.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
schrodingers dog you are not the only one left out.

I'm left out too.

I believe this is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
oops guilty, im friends with two people who not know me
only that i liked there posts i will let them know.

dimensionaldetective.
sparkly_eyed777

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
i am on ky' friendlist, but not showing in my profile..........hmmmmmmmm

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Given, given given given... hehe..

Settle down, anyone can add you as a friend... Chances are he/she liked one of your posts so added you as a friend... Does not mean they're stalking you... I've done this and I think even a few others mentioned they have as well... If I find a cool post I might add someone as a friend... I won't show up on their friends list because they did not add me... hence the reason why the person doesn't show up on your list... If the person does show up on your list, then you had to add them, there is no other way to have them on your personal list...

It's not the setup of ATS, in fact it's working exactly how it should... IMO...

oh and totally dig your new AV, very nice

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I just posted my first friend , but simultaniously notified that person as to why and that it had been done via U2U, is that not the way it should be done always?

However despite that fact why not just list them as foe or ignore them or U2u them to recall the posting why make a thread about it.

[edit on 1-10-2008 by Beelzabub]

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
He is not my friend either,
If it make you feel any better.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Yes there are glitches in the system. I have friends that have gone from my list, some I never met, and foes I don't ever recall.

So here's a video that explains how I deal with all of this:

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

LOL , I always thought "friends in low places" was appropriate for this issue as well.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Beelzabub

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I was torn between the two, actually. But as sure as I posted "Low Places" someone would have thought I was being mean.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by Beelzabub

I was torn between the two, actually. But as sure as I posted "Low Places" someone would have thought I was being mean.

That's cool I'll take the heat for you Mate no worries.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join