It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My son and a ghost?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Just as a bit of back drop, last April my wife, son and I moved into a new house in a different city. We moved due to a work promotion and I spent more time at work than I previously did. Last June my wife gives birth to our second son. My oldest son has recently turned three.

About the time that we had our second child, our oldest began to get terrified at random times and scream about a ghost. I figured it was kind of odd that he would even know what a ghost is, but I would take whatever toy sword or wiffle ball bat that I could find and pretend to beat up a ghost to calm my son down. I figured he was just wanting attention since we had been spending so much time taking care of a newborn, and work kept me away more than he had experienced before.

One morning, my wife and I wake up. She raises her head and looks down the hall, then says that she saw someone walk through our older sons closed bedroom door and vanish. She lowered her head and went back to sleep. I figured she was probably tired and still out of it. A few nights later, I am heading upstairs with a bottle for our baby. It was the middle of the night and I was extremely tired and still half asleep. As I am going up the stairs, I hear a male voice whisper "Leave." I stopped, and listened for a few seconds, and didn't hear anything else. I shrugged it off as lack of sleep.

My Family just returned from vacation last night, so I am posting this a few days after the fact. While on vacation, my 3 year old is playing with sidewalk chalk on the asphalt driveway, and draws a picture that looks like this.

He called it his ghost. My Mother in law was looking at a catalog that she had received in the mail, and my son grabbed it from her, pointed to a picture, and said this was the ghost in mommy and daddy's house. The picture he pointed to looked like this.

My wife and I both looked at each other like "How many movies start off this way?"

Maybe I should have taken some of these signs more seriously. Tonight I have been researching our home online. The only thing I have been able to find that might have any relevance was that during World War 2, the house was owned by a family whose son was in the navy. He was either taken P.O.W. or killed. His body was never recovered. Anyone think that this guy came home after the war anyway and decided to scare my kid?

I look forward to your feedback and any advice you can give.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I doubt that the guy in the navy returned in that kind of clothing to scare your son. I have heard/read of other people who have seen this kind of robed and hooded being. I saw one myself once.

I have a family member who is going through something similar. Actually, it's been going on for about 7 yrs---ever since they started remodeling their house. They stopped remodeling, but the activity has not gone away.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by virraszto]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Do you have anything in or near the house that can give off Electromagnetic fields. They are called shadow people and are usually related to Static or EMFs.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Oh and here is a reference. en.wikipedia.org...

He could be sensitive to EMFs or somthing, Im sure there is a logical explaination and your son isn't delusional. I do however suggest you fix this, it might traumatize him.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by alundaio]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
There is nothing that would/should give a higher than normal emf output. We don't have a high abundance of power lines or anything like that.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I sympathize with you for having a young child that is scared. I was in your situation years ago, and I did what I thought was best at the time. I ignored it and did whatever I could to pacify my young children. I didn't know what else to do.

I mentioned my family member having this problem now and he tells his kids to tell the old man " You don't scare me, Go away!" He acknowledges it and that his kids are seeing him.

Really, I don't have any advice, but to say I know what you are going through.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
quote -- "Researchers have also documented correlations between variances in naturally-occurring magnetic fields and areas where paranormal events have been reported."

Maybe your house is on a giant magnet, lol. I heard of people being able to find electrical wiring just by touching their head on the wall. Maybe he is ultra-sensitive to it. Either that or he is epileptic. Does he take any medication at all? Even benedryll can cause these sightings...

How frequent does he see this thing? every night? or once in awhile? How old is this house?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by alundaio

How could you suggest his son is epileptic? People do have paranormal activity that is real....not in their heads. Besides, the poster said that both he and his wife experienced something along with his son.

Have you ever had paranormal activity alundaio?

[edit on 27-8-2008 by virraszto]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The paranormal can be explained. Perception isn't always real. If somthing affects the brains stimuli, it can cause fake visual and auditorial stimulations. He said when they were both half asleep they experienced this. So if it is EMFs, then their Temporal Lobes could easily be more affected by it. Its proven that some Sharks avoid EMFs and Magnets.

There are no "REAL" ghosts.

High level exposure to ELF magnetic fields has the potential to do the following:
• Affect the growth of developing tissue
• Contribute to miscarriage or birth defects
• Promote the growth of cancer cells
• Interfere with the cell processes and functions
• Alter neurological functions
• Alter the production of neurohormones
• Affect the function of the pineal gland and its hormone, melatonin
• Influence the dopamine, opiate, and pineal systems, which in turn interact with the immune system

Extremely low frequency (ELF) fields include alternating current (AC) fields and other electromagnetic, non-ionizing radiation ranging from 1 Hz to 300 Hz. ELF fields at 60 Hz are produced by power lines, electrical wiring, and electrical equipment including computers.

If he is seeing the shadow person as described in the wiki link. Then this could be a plausible answer to your question. Otherwise I have no idea what is wrong with the poor boy. I hope you figure it out.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I lived in a old stone house that was built in the early 1800's, with my girlfriend many years ago. My girlfriend and I had a few issues, so she moved out after about a year. That's when I noticed my "ghost". The first time I saw her standing in the hall doorway, she scared the hell out of me. She was an elderly lady in a long dress, and after a few seconds, her image slowly dissapeared like a fog. That was the only time I saw her completely. Other times, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. When I turned to look, it disappeared. Later on, I noticed she liked to move things around on my kitchen table and even turn down the volume on my stereo when it was too loud. She never really bothered me. In fact, when I came home alone, I always called out, "Hi, I'm home." to her.
A few months later, still living alone, I went to bed one night and left a candle burning on a wooden table in the kitchen. The candle holder broke and it caught the table on fire. At 2 AM, I felt someone wake me up saying, "fire, fire". I went into the kitchen and put out the foot high flames of the fire in the center of the table with a wet towel. In another 10 minutes, the whole house would have been on fire, and I probably wouldn't be here right now.
So, you could say, I like ghosts !

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Them pictures sent shivers down my spine.
Its not something I like to think of often, but I do occasionally see something similar, normally at night.. I live in a fairly new house however (built about 7 or 8 years ago), built above some old coal mines and backing onto a clay quarry.

I can't remember much of my early childhood, except I was absolutely convinced of the existence of ghosts and aliens as far back as I can remember and I have no idea why.
Maybe young children can see things we can't.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
interesting...

a month ago when my sister found out she was pregnant she saw a ghost in her bedroom at 3am in the morning she said it was wearing a black dress as if a nurse or something, her boyfriend reported it too, and coming from here a very superstitious place they are unmarried.

- the sultry salesman

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I'm not denying anything people see. Yes your brain really tells you that you are seeing these things. But the source isn't REAL. Name one incident were someone was actually directly killed by a ghost. Intangible beings or objects aren't real. Childrens minds are still developing, and hormones and chemicals are changing everday inside their heads. Since they have no experiece in life, they are gullible to such imaginary things. There is a reason why children make up imaginary friends. Its a learning mechanism. Some times that can get wacked out. Maybe even lead to schziophrenia.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
That's some spooky stuff, it's always creepier when kids are involved too.
I think kids can see things adults can't, they're pure and innocent, their eyes untainted by the evils in our world.
If your thinking about protecting your child there's lots of non-invasive things you can do. Sea salt is a powerful cleanser and good for wards, put some in a sea shell under the bed, or in a small bottle stashed away in his room.
Get a string and tie 9 knots in it, as you tie each knot say " please protect my child " then pin it to the pillow inside the pillow case.
He needs to feel brave, my lil bro had night terrors and a guard dog stuffed animal gave him that little pinch of courage he needed. Kids are magic, and sometimes need a little magic from mum and dad too.

Remember if there's a spirit in your home it can't hurt you, just scare the pants off you

When in doubt, go with your gut.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I hate how people hijack threads .. this poor guy is worried about his family and is experiencing some paranormal activity. Instead of trying to help.. the know it all's show up and say "electromagnetism" - BANG_ Hijack.. everything else after that is EMF!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I don't view it as he is trying to hijack the thread, just offering his beliefs.

To answer the earlier questions, the house was built in 1912, and my son acts freaked out about twice a day.

I need to go to radio shack and see if I can't find a emf detector or something.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Solliz

I truly sympathize with your situation.

Please check out the lands history. Ghost/spirits can be tied to the land and not the house. So the spirit can predate 1912.

Do they talk to your son?
Is it just the one in the cape?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I don't know if it talks to my son or not, but there have been times where he will be in his room and start screaming "No." If it's him talking to his ghost, or just not wanting to take a nap or playing with the dog or something I have no idea. Presently I believe that it is more than likely something explainable, but am keeping all avenues open.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I know three is a tricky age to work with but I would talk to your son and ask questions now and then about the caped ghost/spirit. If he does not seemed really bothered or you and your spouse are not bothered. I would pay it no mind.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join