It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and a Polar Shift

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Does the Bible predict a polar shift?

I have been reading in the book of Haggai chapter 2 and it says:
6 "This is what the LORD Almighty says: 'In a little while I will once more shake the heavens and the earth, the sea and the dry land. 7 I will shake all nations...

but what is most interesting to me is that the date he(Haggai) keeps referencing is the "24th day of the 9th month" which is Chislev 24.

18 ‘Consider now from this day forward, from the twenty-fourth day of the ninth month, from the day that the foundation of the LORD’s temple was laid—consider it: 19 Is the seed still in the barn? As yet the vine, the fig tree, the pomegranate, and the olive tree have not yielded fruit. But from this day I will bless you.’”
"Is the seed still in the barn?" Does this mean we should have seeds/food stored in order to replant and survive after this major event?

Of most interest to me, though, is the fact that this date(Chislev 24) when converted to the Gregorian calendar in the year 2012, this 'shaking of the earth and nations', if literal, falls on December 21st.
December 21, 2012....go figure.

You have been warned

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
The bible...

The bible...

The bible...

What does the bible say now? oh my!

But I am not sarcastic when I say this, I did enjoy this thread. Very interesting find. It would be common sense to stock up, did you see what happened after Katrina?

Experts say that with all food produce stopped, the average family will only have 30 days to live.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Umm, could you specify which Bible you are reading from? I use the King James Version and so I have never heard of this book Haggai. And what is Chislev mean? I have never heard that term/word before your post, i can only assume it's a month on a different calender but i'd just be guessing, and guessing gets no one where they expect to be

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by M_Aurelius

There's another verse in the bible that paints an umistakably clear picture of this.....and its the only place where it occurs:
The Blue Letter Bible :

The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again. Is 24:20
If you were to see a computer graphic pictorial of what the earth would be doing during a pole shift........then here's a prophetic representation ! Hasn't happened yet in our recent generations, but my gut feeling is we're due for it, much sooner than we think.

I believe America has established the worlds largest infrared telescope......at the South Pole of all places. Ideal because of the chilled air, but its expected that a brown dwarf, possibly our Sun's twin as some are saying on the net !.....will swing by from the South, too close to our Earth. If there was ever a time for a pole shift......then this scenario really takes first prize. Worth pondering over.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by screamo
Umm, could you specify which Bible you are reading from? I use the King James Version and so I have never heard of this book Haggai. And what is Chislev mean? I have never heard that term/word before your post, i can only assume it's a month on a different calender but i'd just be guessing, and guessing gets no one where they expect to be

The book of Haggai is in the King James, third last book of the Old testament. Chislev is one of the months in the Hebrew Calendar.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctorex

Originally posted by screamo

The book of Haggai is in the King James, third last book of the Old testament. Chislev is one of the months in the Hebrew Calendar.

Thanks Doctorex,

Chislev is the ninth month of the the Jewish calendar in an ecclesiastical year. I just found it interesting that it says the earth will shake and mentions a date that coincides with Dec. 21, 2012 on our calendar. I personally didn't see what all the 2012 hype was about.....now I may have to look at it a little closer. Interesting also about the 'reeling to and fro like a drunkard'...good catch. I do think that something major is right around the corner that is secretly being planned by men though. Just as God allowed the Tower of Babel to get only so high before he stopped it, he will let this plan develop too and achieve relative success before it is stopped one way or another.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by M_Aurelius]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by screamo

Hey, Hon. Haggai is most definitely a Bible book in the Old Testament. The book is classified as one of the 'minor prophets.'

I think I am missing something. I just found THIS SITE which converts Gregorian calender dates into Hebrew Calender dates (and vice versa). After typing in December 21, 2012, the Hebrew calender equivalent is the 8th of Tevet.

Also, If the Bible mentions a day and month, how did you get a year from that? That would be like saying in the third day of the third month means 1997. That doesn't make any sense to me.

Can you please explain both of the above? Thanks.

[edit on 8/27/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

You are right ....maybe the calendar I was looking at had the wrong info...or maybe I was looking @ the 2008 calendar which would correlate to December 21, 2008 and it is closer than we thought
...just kidding...thanx for catching my mistake...oooops. Carry on!

BTW, Ashley,since I was referencing a pole shift I thought 2012 would be the logical year to reference. My mistake.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   

No worries whatsoever. I actually do believe a polar shift is possibly described in the Bible, only in Revelation instead of Haggai.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Haggai, along with the other "minor prophets," contain prophecies which deal with things that have not happened yet, but will in the future. Most of these scriptures deal with the Tribulation period and the 2nd Advent. The verses mentioned in chapter 2 of Haggai are in regards to the 2nd Advent, which is the term used for the second coming of Christ.

top topics

join