It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m Going to Whoop his…..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Threats, threats and more threats

I was just sitting here, surfing the board and all of a sudden it hit me how many threats I have been seeing around ATS lately.

Threats about the Candidates, The Police, The Government and just plain other people.

This brought to mind something my Granny used to tell me all the time. “Watch out for the quiet ones.”

Almost every “Truly Bad Man” will tell you that the ones that are constantly “crowing” about violence, are the very same ones that when faced with violence, will do nothing.

The point being, we are here in the digital world where people don’t really “know you”. And here especially, most of us are skeptics anyway, so we tend to disbelieve something said as a matter of course. While making a threat is specifically in violation of the Terms and Conditions

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

And can cause you all kinds of consternation and trouble as members, the best bet is to refrain from any kind of threats here at all; particularly as most here are not going to believe you anyway.

While most of us are normally rational, calm and thinking individuals, every so often something gets under our skin and we get mad. Mad enough that, at that one moment in time, nothing matters to us except the thing that has angered us. Then all of a sudden it is a new day and we have to face the consequences of the actions we took when we were mad. Consequences that so very often are much worse than what made us mad in the first place.

So please, try and always remember how wonderful it is that we get to post, make friends and interact here at ATS, and how horrible it would be if you could no longer be a part of this wonderful place. Then when you get that feeling that you are getting too mad to intellectually respond, walk away for awhile, remember how much you enjoy this site, and calm down before touching the keyboard again.

Here is some very valuable reading material:

Terms and Conditions
How Not To be Banned
Civility and Decorum

And finally when someone really makes you angry, here is the proper way to handle it.

Complaints and Contacting Staff

Semper

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thankyou Semper for the fantastic words you have given to all our ATS members!
I agree sometimes you post something that you will regret on a later stage!
So like you said " walk away for a while and remember the great site"

This lets me think again how really a great site ATS is!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
i must confess , i gain a perverse pleasure from reading the :

` if i was there , then i would have ............ `

claims / boasts / threats

simply because they are so hilarious

NO appologies to any one offended that i am laughing at them , because , what are you going to do ?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
You are absolutley right. I too have been noticing those types of threats that really dont belong on a website such as ATS.

This website is sort of a safe haven for people like us to discuss the "alternative topics" without having to worry about hearing lame jokes, insults, threats and rude comments from people who dont take this stuff seriously.

Saying things in threads such as " I would have killed that cop had I been there" and similar things about politians or anybody else for that matter, is not only against the T&C , Its also ( in my opinion) a good way to wind up on all kinds of watch lists.

I understand that sometimes we just need to say something that helps relieve our stress and anger over a certain situation. I truly do.

No matter how well your true intentions are please try to find not only a more appropriate way of stating your displeasure but also make sure that you stay inside the bounds of the T&C.

The T&C are in place for a good reason . There are so many beliefs and ideologies about so many different things. If there was a set of guidlines that we had to obide by we would no doubt be at each others throats.

As long as we stay within the borders of the T&C we will be able to discuss these topics and grow and learn, and eventually find the truth about everything there is to know.

Peace,

GST

Sorry for all the edits. I just keep finding typos.
[edit on 28-8-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Mirthful Me beat ya to this one i'm afraid

But yeah - message might be the same, but its still clear.

Its the internet for God sakes.....whats with all the petty violence?

Threats of any kind are bannable offenses.

Physical Threats

Threats to harm a computer (i'll hack you!!!)

Threats to "sue someone for slander" ... its a message board - you are posting under an alias....good luck trying

In all my years of online gaming and forum prowling - i have never once seen someone ACTUALLY visit the person they are going to "beat up"

Though i've heard it said more than a bagillion times.

Pretty sad if you ask me.

Cowardly hiding behind a computer screen

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Ohhhh Whatever you said which i didn't bother to read the whole thing makes me angry and i should find whoever posted it and smack them with a flip flop!!
Why are people so angry all the time? if people would just slow down and realize that everyone has an opinion whether you agree with it or not. Sometimes a post or a sentence makes someone angry and they reply with the first thing in their head instead of reading the entire post they attack the person for being an idiot or a liar when sometimes it is something they (the poster) honestly believes......well rant over
Cheers

top topics

join