It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stepping outside of the Comfort Zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
well, in light of what is going on today in the world I have decided to step outside of my comfort zone and take action.

I have never tried public speaking before with over 50 people listening to what I am saying. I have never held that many people's attention for any significant length of time, and I must admit that I am kind of nervous about it.

But I am doing this because I believe that the impact I make will be worth it.

I am going to make time to go interview different educators at the local high school and basically get a breakdown on what and how they are teaching the youth today, and in what context the latest events are being relayed to the students.

After I get the info, Im going to do even more research on teaching credentials and ''the curriculum'', and Im really going to get into the minds of these teachers.

After I do more research I will write a summary of a speech I plan to give for an assembly at the school.
Im in my early 20's and I figure I can reach these knuckleheads a bit better than your average lecturer can.

I intend to work their minds, challenge them to succeed,give an unbiased and truly fair description of history and give an overview of what is really going on today. I intend to do this in a clever, subtle, and funny way so that I wont have my mic turned off.

I want to also touch on the rat race, critical thinking, open mindedness, the definition of divide and conquer and how its being implemented through the media, a breakdown of propaganda and psychological warfare.

The latter I wish to collaborate with the history teacher so that I won't cross any lines.

The people with whom I most want to interview, are the history teachers, the principals, the security guards, the ''gang'' members, and the students that are getting horrible grades.

I also seek to collaborate with you, the deniers of ignorance...

so if you have any constructive ideas please contribute!

thanks

iiinvision

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I would like to applaud you. I think the whole problem with ignorance is comfort and convenience. What's convenient to know? How comfortable would you be with the truth, knowing that the truth may interrupt your previous line of thinking, which may also interrupt the very way in which you view the rat race and make a living?

My goodness, you might have to suffer some hardship, such as people looking at you strangely...for starters.

I sure hope you can pull this off. I have no credentials and a GED, but I'm a pretty intelligent person, I think... and I have been playing around with the idea of public speaking gigs, like maybe starting out at an open mic night, where I can just take 10 to 30 minutes and just talk about the reality of things. I have a lot to say, and people already look at me funny. So I'm used to it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I applaud your effort. I hope you record it and post it so we can see it.

Will you flesh out some of the topics you are hoping to hit on and how you plan on presenting them, then we can give you better input.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

People look at me funny all the time. I usually challenge those people to do their own research instead of taking what ''authorities'' say at face value.

I feel that people will learn when they need to learn, but I feel that we are in a special predicament which warrants immediate decisive action.

reply to post by Karlhungis

We see that protests do not work. Violence won't work either. Neither will any formal organization due to HR 1955 and COINTELPRO tactics.
The movement needs to be one of uncovering truth and it has to be organized and disorganized at the same time.

we see from this vid
that it will take at least 2 to 3 generations to change from the mass mindset. This video series called mind manglers is composed of several interviews including a now dead ex KGB agent, an ex senior policy adviser of the Department of Education, as well as other teachers about what is really going on behind the scenes.

I more or less want to get into the head of both sides the matter.

My main message will primarily touch upon three important things, the order of which I will determine later.
1. How the human brain processes information and functions, both on the conscious and unconscious level.

2. How financial education, something you don't get in school, is an abstract and complicated subject, but essential to survival. I basically want to show that going to college and being a good robot isn't the only option out there. I plan to dispel many myths about money and a brief synopsis of how money is really just energy and how it is possible to create ''money trees''

3. An overview of history in a logical linear manner. I plan to use a slide show to clear up what is hazy. I plan to do this in an original and brief/subtle way. Because these kids need to want to do their own research. They need to give a damn.
A lot of students give a damn...but mostly(from what Ive seen in many different states) what their parents give a damn about, or what some other person gives a damn about. A lot of people tend to emulate and even imitate authorities in their lives. My goal is to give this brief history lesson and use it to get as many students as possible to realize that thinking for themselves and to be able to recognize different ''tactics'' being used against them every day. Tactics that are found in the classroom, on the television, and pretty much anywhere were you find advertisements.

in order to not ostracize anybody, I plan to have a separate casual talk with the D-F range students and ''gang bangers''.

I seek to expand their minds on topics like mind control,divide and conquer tactics,the definition of polarization, financial i.q., and a more colloquial definition of what teachers are doing to their minds. I also wish to express to these individuals how reading will benefit them far more than any amount of currency in life.

It is my opinion that it is these future generations which will make or break humanity.

and Im not saying that all students are blind, and I understand that everybody has his or her own place in life, but all I know is that if some person did spoke about these topics when I was back in high school I would definitely made better use of my time and money, and its kinda like...everybody thinks about how, ''well if only I knew what I know now, back then."
I figure since everything is connected, by relaying this important information in a funny, informative, challenging, and bold way, there is a better chance for true change as opposed to protests or shouting thru bullhorns.

The youth is our future. They have to wake up too.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
check out the greg whitby interview

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:57 AM
link   
If your speech is anything like your last post you will put your audience to sleep. That was as dry as a powder house.

You asked for opinions........you are going to get them from me. I may seem like the ice queen but I mean you no disrespect. I want you to succeed and feel good after you walk away from the podium.

No regrets baby....no should haves, could haves or could have done better thoughts. I want you to feel like you have connected with your audience and made a difference in their lives.

Question.....Why do you think the D-F students need a different speech. That's hogwash. So, in your opinion the D-F students and the gang bangers are ignorant and on a lower level than A-C students. Wrong!!!
Give yourself an F- for that thought.

That leads me to believe that you believe white collar crime and blue collar crime are different. A crime is a crime is a crime is a crime.

You have no idea why some students make good grades and some don't. All students with good grades are not always model citizens. All students with less perfect grades are not always thugs and slackers.

Separating the student body and talking down to those with lowers grades reeks of hypocrisy. How do you expect to inspire the students when you fore-judge them? Let them know YOU expect great things from each and every one of them.

In my opinion the grading system in public schools suck. I know many people that barely got though school and have been very successful and have become millionaires.

I also know people that were always on the A honor roll and they have little manager of retail stores type jobs.

Grades do not show a persons ability to be successful in life. Grades are indications of how well a student can retain or memorize facts. That A student may be a dork that couldn't persuade people to get out of a burning building.

The D student may have retained the facts but walks to a different set of drums. He may not care a rats butt about grades. He may be like I was....I tolerated school because I knew my parents would probably shoot me if I were not "successful" in school. Grades meant nothing to me. I hated every minute of school.

Guess what???? I went on to build my own business and retire before I was 60.

OK end of lecture. I could go on and on about public speaking but I won't.

I will tell you that when you finish your speech and you know you have connected with the audience it is one fantastic feeling, a total rush.

You are taking on a tremendous endeavor. My best wishes go with you.

One last tip. When you walk out to give your presentation look out at your audience and imagine they are all in their underwear. It will put a smile on your face and help you relax.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
If your speech is anything like your last post you will put your audience to sleep. That was as dry as a powder house.

lol..this is the formation of the core components of my speech. I plan to enhance it later on after I have compiled the core elements and done my interviews and research.

You asked for opinions........you are going to get them from me. I may seem like the ice queen but I mean you no disrespect. I want you to succeed and feel good after you walk away from the podium.

Thank you! I appreciate your sincerity.

Question.....Why do you think the D-F students need a different speech. That's hogwash. So, in your opinion the D-F students and the gang bangers are ignorant and on a lower level than A-C students. Wrong!!!
Give yourself an F- for that thought.

I myself was an A-student until my freshman/sophomore year in high school. It was at this point in my life that I realized that getting A's and B's is all about being a regurgitator. When you get an A or a B, that means you were able to spew out correct answers, in a certain amount of time, to an authority figure.
It doesn't mean you are smart, nor does it mean that you are special if you get those types of grades.

I wish to speak to the D and F range students, because of the negative reinforcement they receive from authority figures in their lives. I wish to speak to these students to show them the options of what they can do in their lives. i.e. starting a business or investing intelligently.

I became a D and F student because I stopped doing my homework. I stopped caring when a teacher of mine told me that if I did not do my homework, I would earn less than someone who graduated his class. He went on to say that I would earn significantly less than someone who went to college.

I wish to inspire these students especially because they have been told over and over, that they will not succeed. Repetition is one way the mind learns.

That leads me to believe that you believe white collar crime and blue collar crime are different. A crime is a crime is a crime is a crime.

You are entitled to your perception of reality, however I hardly focus on the specifics of crime. I see crime as something that could be significantly lowered if the wealth was divided more evenly amongst the people.
A lot of people have stigmas about money, but think about this. Would a person rob someone if they had enough money to take care of all their bills and enjoy a vacation every few months? Would a person kill another human for a piece of material if they had the ability to purchase it and not worry about not being able to pay rent on time?

Would people keep attempting to escape from life by indulging in harmful habits like hard drug use and abuse?

You have no idea why some students make good grades and some don't. All students with good grades are not always model citizens. All students with less perfect grades are not always thugs and slackers.

I don't believe I ever insinuated or stated this. If I came across that way, then perhaps there was a communication error, or perhaps I used the wrong conjugation of words to explain myself.

I have a pretty good idea however, as I am an observer and I consciously pick up social trends and patterns. I have this amazing file cabinet in my brain. Its cool.
My intent is not to hound the students on getting good grades, but to strengthen their minds and help them to deny ignorance.

Going to public school puts a human brain at risk in today's society, and I am attempting to give them a bit of background info on some important topics that are pertinent to their future as well as our own.

Separating the student body and talking down to those with lowers grades reeks of hypocrisy. How do you expect to inspire the students when you fore-judge them? Let them know YOU expect great things from each and every one of them.

I expect them to do their best, not great things per se. That is up to them, if they so choose to take a course which would lead to great success. I seek to inspire, but that is merely a byproduct of my entire message. I wish to inspire them to think for themselves, but what they want to do with their lives is ultimately up to them. Im not trying to do a Tony Robbins or become a motivational speaker.
I wish to present the facts in a funny, nonbiased, intelligent, challenging, original, and revealing way.

People are different and people are the same. I plan to give a speech to the entire senior student body, and the 'undesirables' will get their own crash course in mind control tactics (past/present/future), the hidden history they didn't learn in class, financial intelligence and monetary theory, entrepreneurship, and quantum psychology amongst other things that Im sure will pop up.

In my opinion the grading system in public schools suck. I know many people that barely got though school and have been very successful and have become millionaires.

I can relate with you, and I agree with you that the grading system is archaic and a form of control over students and parents alike. I too hated school.

Guess what???? I went on to build my own business and retire before I was 60.

awesome...this is an example of what I want to speak to these students about. That being a well paid wage slave isn't the only option. There are an infinite amount of options, but they are guided to the wage slavery directions by going to public school.

Even if the student became a doctor, he or she would be over 80 thousand dollars in debt for their education which would take many years to pay off. Top that off with ego's desire for the ''doctor'' lifestyle and you got one debt ridden doctor! Higher paid slaves usually just get into higher debt. I want to include financial education!

You are taking on a tremendous endeavor. My best wishes go with you.

Thank you!

One last tip. When you walk out to give your presentation look out at your audience and imagine they are all in their underwear. It will put a smile on your face and help you relax. [quote/]

Thanks for the tip, this will definitely help, Im sure of it.

top topics

join