It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mon Dieu! l’Affaire Glozel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Not well known outside of France, l’Affaire Glozel still puzzles to this day.

Located in France this was touted as a premier Neolithic site. It was attacked by the orthodox French scientific establishment.

Glozel is probably best known as the place where, from 1924 to 1930, over 3,000 artifacts were discovered, including clay tablets, sculptures and vases, some of which were inscribed with symbols or letters.

The finders a peasant and a boy were declared frauds, their finds recent manufactures and the site discredited. Decades later the items were tested and found to be from a range of ages, old but not neolithic

And yet the thermoluminescent dates are troubling. Taken on their own, they could be viewed as suggesting that something strange was going on at le Glozel at the close of the first millennium BCE.

A report from Bad Archaeology

Continuation of the Bad Achaeology story

There are two ways to study a disputed archaeological site: you can either examine all the available data and see which hypothesis is the more likely OR you can attempt to justify a personal prejudice. The story of Glozel, with its personal rivalries and vested interests (both real and imagined) is a classic example of the unquenchable conspiracy.

For those who like You Tube (in French)

A fairly good summary at Wiki

Wiki summary

A study on the human remains found at the site

[edit on 27/8/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Interesting find, Hans. I'd never heard of this one before (but admit to not being that well read on some of these issues.) I'll have to check for more recent publications -- surely someone's gone back over the data again.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The latest was 1995 that I can find.

Its well known in French circles. When I was working in Cyprus there was a French team working on Greek pottery timelines nearby and we use to share meals and resources. One of the older potheads use to talk about it and since he made food that was unbelievably good we let him go on and on about it. In French of course.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I have read about this find. Even if it is all a hoax, it is still very interesting as to who and why. I hope they can sort everything out to see what came from where. I am getting confused just by writing this!
Thank you for the links.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
It is an interesting site. Puzzling. A summary would be: A real site contaminated with frauds. The odd writing is a head scratcher too.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Interesting find, Hans. I'd never heard of this one before (but admit to not being that well read on some of these issues.) I'll have to check for more recent publications -- surely someone's gone back over the data again.

Ho yes, someone did actually gone back to the “Chant des Morts”.
The group that went there for further research and excavation were the official scientific community.
Now, all the data and report are been sealed from the public. No one have access to this.
You are talking about a conspiracy of denying the truth about the so called “l’affaire Gozel”.
Behind this conspiracy I can really see why they will not publish the report, the so called writing on certain potteries and tablets found at the site are been dated between 1000 years to 15000years.
All prehistoric theory and history will have to be rewritten but also the implications that humans in prehistory were fare more advance then orthodox science like believe will open the Pandora box of a certain mythology that could actually bee true after all.

Kacou.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by kacou]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Kacou

Can you give us your source for this information?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

the source is the video and some other french doc .

kacou

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This site is in English, it shows the development of the so called Glozel Affair:

www.glozel.net...

Kacou

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Good to see that work is still being done on that site/body of information.

[edit on 29/8/08 by Hanslune]

posted on Sep, 19 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

My latest video:
Another Glozel Tablet Inscription
This video features another Glozel tablet inscription animation that shows how the Glozel script is astronomical because it was based on celestial constellations. Writing on a clay tablet what could be seen in the sky meant that the message was written in the heavens and had added significance, such as a royal decree, but for a common person. The stars are from 150 B.C. -
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 20 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: paracelsus
a reply to: Hanslune

My latest video:
Another Glozel Tablet Inscription
This video features another Glozel tablet inscription animation that shows how the Glozel script is astronomical because it was based on celestial constellations. Writing on a clay tablet what could be seen in the sky meant that the message was written in the heavens and had added significance, such as a royal decree, but for a common person. The stars are from 150 B.C. -
youtu.be...

Howdy Paracelsus

So watched the Youtube - nice music - sorry but what exactly am I suppose to be seeing in this?

posted on Sep, 21 2020 @ 10:04 AM
link   
A brief discussion (2010) of the Glozel question.

top topics

join