It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens seem to be a religion for some

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by thrashee

I completely agree with you thrashee. Religion in all it's guises is merely a crutch for those who cannot cope with 'reality' or assume responsibility (as a whole) for the sad state civilization finds itself in today. It's always easier to deflect the responsibility onto someone/something else... like blame shifting... we do that a lot as a species too. It seems to be the path of least resistance. The easy way out.

You often hear about people jumping from one religion/belief system to another when they feel disenfranchised. Religion is a warm hard to hold in this darkness we call our own ignorance of life & the universe around us. Why should the belief in Aliens (as a religion) be any different? It serves the same purpose to those who cannot work without a net.

IRM

[edit on 27/8/08 by InfaRedMan]

I agree, Religion or worshiping Aliens or whatever are just for those who cant face reality and responsibility for what our species did and has become. They cant or refuse to change things, so they pray to god(s)/Aliens to do something about it. No wonder nothing changes everyone is wanting somebody else to do something or praying to god to do something or just make the problem go away.

On the note that Aliens are now some kind of religion now I also agree and I understand why. It is the fact that they exist therefor, there is a probability that they created us or we are related to them. Also It is likely that they are the Gods and Angles in ancient religions that we already have and do worship.

I mean came down from heaven = flew down from space

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
Did you read the many definitions of what worship is ?
If you did then you cannot deny that you possibly worship that belief.......

Yes I did. The key words are "sacred" and "deity"

I do not consider aliens scared and deities.

Perhaps this will explain better:

Worship usually refers to specific acts of religious devotion, typically directed to one or more deities. It is the informal term in English for what sociologists of religion call cultus, the body of practices and traditions that correspond to theology. Religious worship may be performed individually, within informal groups, or as part of a formal meeting. It occurs in a variety of locations including houses, in rented venues, outdoors, or in buildings specially constructed for the purpose, referred to as places of worship. Most religions place an emphasis on regular worship and many organize meetings for this purpose at frequent intervals (often weekly). In its older sense in the English language of worthiness or respect (Anglo-Saxon worthscripe), worship may sometimes refer to actions directed at members of higher social classes (such as lords or monarchs) or to particularly esteemed persons (such as a lover).

From en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

Did you read the many definitions of what worship is ?
If you did then you cannot deny that you possibly worship that belief.......

Yes I did. The key words are "sacred" and "deity"

I do not consider aliens scared and deities.

Perhaps this will explain better:

Worship usually refers to specific acts of religious devotion, typically directed to one or more deities. It is the informal term in English for what sociologists of religion call cultus, the body of practices and traditions that correspond to theology. Religious worship may be performed individually, within informal groups, or as part of a formal meeting. It occurs in a variety of locations including houses, in rented venues, outdoors, or in buildings specially constructed for the purpose, referred to as places of worship. Most religions place an emphasis on regular worship and many organize meetings for this purpose at frequent intervals (often weekly). In its older sense in the English language of worthiness or respect (Anglo-Saxon worthscripe), worship may sometimes refer to actions directed at members of higher social classes (such as lords or monarchs) or to particularly esteemed persons (such as a lover).

From en.wikipedia.org...

[Worship usually refers to specific acts of religious devotion, typically directed to one or more deities.]
Do you not devote religiously alot of time and energy to find out all you can about the aliens......who in this case some consider aliens their diety or someone high up who may save them?

[ It is the informal term in English for what sociologists of religion call cultus, the body of practices and traditions that correspond to theology. ]
I also see this as fitting to the devotion of alien beliefs ..New Agers,TRee Huggers ...some of the things they do are considered practices and traditions in my opinion .

[ Religious worship may be performed individually, within informal groups, or as part of a formal meeting.]
Same as I said above ...alot of people have meetings about their alien beliefs and certainly discuss it with as many who will listen ..................
Also the new agers (who are absolute alien worshippers have many a meetings religiously devoted to their aliens etc ............

I actually consider a religious (as in an obsessive belief in) devotion to anything as worship ....

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   

[Worship usually refers to specific acts of religious devotion, typically directed to one or more deities.]
Do you not devote religiously alot of time and energy to find out all you can about the aliens......who in this case some consider aliens their diety or someone high up who may save them?

That's called study.

Definitions of study on the Web:
* survey: a detailed critical inspection
* applying the mind to learning and understanding a subject (especially by reading); "mastering a second language requires a lot of work"; "no schools offer graduate study in interior design"
* analyze: consider in detail and subject to an analysis in order to discover essential features or meaning; "analyze a sonnet by Shakespeare"; "analyze the evidence in a criminal trial"; "analyze your real motives"

[ It is the informal term in English for what sociologists of religion call cultus, the body of practices and traditions that correspond to theology. ]
I also see this as fitting to the devotion of alien beliefs ..New Agers,TRee Huggers ...some of the things they do are considered practices and traditions in my opinion .

Ufologists generally are not new agers, tree huggers, or what have you. Yes, sometimes new agers do worship the aliens or some spiritual entities. You are right in that aspect.

[ Religious worship may be performed individually, within informal groups, or as part of a formal meeting.]
Same as I said above ...alot of people have meetings about their alien beliefs and certainly discuss it with as many who will listen ..................

Again, this is like classes and study. People meet together to discuss new ideas and theories about aliens and ufos and to dig out evidence.

Also the new agers (who are absolute alien worshippers have many a meetings religiously devoted to their aliens etc ............

That's true for some new agers. Ufology is a serious area of study. It does not waste time on unverifiable theories.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Hi LoneGunMan.
i totally agree with you and have looked at alien abductions and contactees in relation to many other established religious and spiritual beliefs. i believe what we are seeing is people trying to fit spirituality into our current cultural paradigms which are now dominated by science and technology. I believe that people who place a belief in Aliens/Et and use this belief to explain experiences or questions on existence etc, do so by finding a scientifically plausible middle ground between Traditional beliefs and Science and technology. Here is a thread exploring this, i hope you enjoy it.
Great post. Alien Abduction and Contactees: A new Religion?

[edit on 28-8-2008 by atlasastro]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
[Again, this is like classes and study. People meet together to discuss new ideas and theories about aliens and ufos and to dig out evidence]

How is that any different than what the definition of Church is ?
Believers in the Lord study and discuss ...the thing they love ..*(God and their bibles)

Alien buffs come here (a Meeting place like a Church ..which Church is where two or more meet to discuss likeminded beliefs Correct ?)..they seek out like minded people ..study the alien stuff together ...thereby they are having Church studying what they love .....Sure sounds like Church to me ...
And religious devotion to it (worship)...

Let me ask you ...if the Aliens come here .,...and ask you to serve them will you ?And If not what do you think will happen if you dont ?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Let me ask you ...if the Aliens come here .,...and ask you to serve them will you ?And If not what do you think will happen if you dont ?

You mean them asking me to worship them? No, of course not. I will never worship them. Who knows what will happen if I don't worship them.

Christians have threatened us that we will burn in hell if we don't worship their gods. And yet many people don't fall for that.

Religious people meet together in churches to bow to their gods and worship them

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Aliens as a religion?

Sure why not, aliens are more tangible than whatever god is supposed to be.

As long as they don't worship the aliens in the same way that many zealots on the planet worship religion.

Its already happening, People are being persecuted or have died due to a belief in Aliens within this religious context, as these religious groups grow and lose the tag of Cults(most religions older than 200 years generally becomes accepted and lose fringe tags like cult or sects). Look at the Way the Church of Scientology has dealt with its members who have strayed, Scientology is a religion based on a belief in aliens. Ever heard of Heavens gate, members commited suicide to achieve salvation, we see this behaviour with other religions, so we can predict or expect that if a belief in Aliens grows and becomes more established, that wars or other extremely negative aspects of human behaviour will be inspired by these new beliefs too, or as a consequence of protecting these new beliefs, or even as a result of actions to promote or spread these beliefs.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
Its already happening, People are being persecuted or have died due to a belief in Aliens within this religious context, as these religious groups grow and lose the tag of Cults(most religions older than 200 years generally becomes accepted and lose fringe tags like cult or sects). Look at the Way the Church of Scientology has dealt with its members who have strayed, Scientology is a religion based on a belief in aliens. Ever heard of Heavens gate, members commited suicide to achieve salvation, we see this behaviour with other religions, so we can predict or expect that if a belief in Aliens grows and becomes more established, that wars or other extremely negative aspects of human behaviour will be inspired by these new beliefs too, or as a consequence of protecting these new beliefs, or even as a result of actions to promote or spread these beliefs.

I suppose I could see your point. Gods and angels are extraterrestrials. Some people will consider them gods and angels and worship them, asking them to save them. I guess this could be considered a religion.

I got to ask where you got this:

Its already happening, People are being persecuted or have died due to a belief in Aliens within this religious context,

All major religions may in fact be created from alien visitations. Back then, people do not understand much about the world and the universe. They do not understand that we are all the same, with more or less understanding of the universe.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So do you think the aliens are just coming to be your buddy ? And they do not have world domination in mind ?I find it hard to believe that is their only goal to just be your buddys ...................
According to all that I have read on this subject ...I can say with certainty they have seem to have the same things in mind that our Gov is doing now .........making promises for a better society ...offering saviours (the grays etc ) to help save us from ourselves ......then end up ruling our society ..asking us to give them our obedience ...then turning on us using us as slaves ..etc ....

Do you read what some of the supposed channelers have to say about what those nice little alien peoples are wanting to do and what their purposes are ? Because I sure have ...(I read it just to see what they are all up to ) read between the lines .....you will see what I am saying ..............it cant be good ..they sound an aweful lot like what the devil is going to do through mankind ....lies lies lies and deceptions ...angel of light sort of guy *I promise you peace and love if you will just worship me ) ...to get us all obedient to him ......then he is going to STOMP all over us if we do not do as he says ...............The Aliens have the same thing in mind ,,, ......

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
You hear it on ATS all the time. Aliens made mankind, the bible was talking about aliens. The aliens are here to save us from ourselves. Its a little much really.

I hear on ATS all the time that God made the mankind, and that the bible was talking about angels and Jesus. That they will come down from a invisible world known as heaven and save us from ourselves.

To me.... that is a little to much as well.

Religon in whole is to much for me. However, I try to respect every persons belief. So what if people see the Alien phenomenom as a religon?
How will that ruin your day?
It is not more weird to "worship" the Aliens than to "worship" any other God or religon.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Originally posted by Deaf Alien

I got to ask where you got this:

Its already happening, People are being persecuted or have died due to a belief in Aliens within this religious context,

Read the part after the quote in the post.

All major religions may in fact be created from alien visitations. Back then, people do not understand much about the world and the universe. They do not understand that we are all the same, with more or less understanding of the universe.
This is how science and technology updates old religions, Science hypothesizes that alien life may exist, technology alows us to observe and travel further into space, we then update the context of traditional religions by saying that Aliens may have created religion....Updated, new, intergrated into a scientific and technologically dominated cultural climate while maintaining the value or part thereof, of the traditional.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by atlasastro]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Proof of God or the source if you will is not in religion. It comes from within. It proves itself to those that are ready.

I have had the past 5 years of my life foretold to me in advance through dreams and other events. The sychronicity took me from a non belief of what cannot be seen touched or heard. From one that deducts all from science and knowledge to one that has been Godscmaked so many times I cannot deny what is real.

I used to believe in the alien made man, then man turned aliens into religion to explain what was unknown to where I am now The inner knowledge of God, not religion but God.

Ancient man had more inner knowledge than most of what modern man has now. They understood the quiet between the notes where God resides. Modern corporate and elites are filling most of you with so much noise it drowns Gods quiet out. This is why people meditate. You get to the quiet place where God resides.

Go to the source in that quiet place and that is not to be found by going to church or believing in religion.

It is within.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni
If there is a spiritual energy here to guide us and we keep misinterpreting it as mythical creatures who may be good, evil, or indifferent, then that spiritual energy is failing.

Its not failing. It is on a much bigger time line than you can imagine. We only learn through experience and most times the experience is through fire. Like the phoenix rising from the ashes so shall our souls be tempered.

We needed to go through the time of tyranny and turmoil to get total point of total empathy and love. We will get there it will just take time.

We have the answers within. When you fall into the abyss you will see yourself.

Wait, why can't I imagine it but you know it?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Wait, why can't I imagine it but you know it?

That is an answer you have to address. I do not understand yet why things have been revealed to me for my path is not over. My path in this lifetime is to get closer to the source.

I am an intuitive and on my time off from being a Firefighter I do psychic readings professionally I was not like this in the past but I am now. I have precognitive dreams that come true. See that womans image behind the moon in my avatar? I dreamed of her two months before meeting her on ATS. We then met in real life and I thought I was going to faint when we laid eyes on each other. I dreamed of her...and have had other dreams that came true in the future. All in perfect detail that leave no doubt. This is just a very small portion of the things that have been happening to me the past few years.

If I was where you are, the place I was in not that long ago, I would not have believed me either.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
QUOTE [That is an answer you have to address. I do not understand yet why things have been revealed to me for my path is not over. My path in this lifetime is to get closer to the source.

I am an intuitive and on my time off from being a Firefighter I do psychic readings professionally I was not like this in the past but I am now. I have precognitive dreams that come true. See that womans image behind the moon in my avatar? I dreamed of her two months before meeting her on ATS. We then met in real life and I thought I was going to faint when we laid eyes on each other. I dreamed of her...and have had other dreams that came true in the future. All in perfect detail that leave no doubt. This is just a very small portion of the things that have been happening to me the past few years.

If I was where you are, the place I was not that long agao I would not belive me either.]

Wow thats very interesting You are not alone ....I am the same way ...met my current love in my dream too ..was even more vivid than I could have dreamed of dreaming ...lots of detail etc .....but no way would I ever sell my gift to anyone .FREE no matter what if it can help them in some way .....and readings to me are not necessary and really do nothing but make some look foolish ..although I have to admit I have tried it only with a deck of cards ..my grandmother taught me what the cards all meant when they came up ..was very strange and I felt uncomfortable with it all ) ......... ..in fact I just get on the phone and tell my friends relatives and people I dream about and have intuitions about ........
I can also sometimes see into peoples hearts when I meet them ...(This is the part that I hate to see ) ......I try and turn it off but it wont go off..
And they feel me feeling them ..that part is very weird ...I can tell them very very personal and secret stuff they have done ..(So strange it scares me to even have to tell them the stuff I see ) ..

I am not lieing ...and I do not make stuff up that didnt happen to me ..and I am not bragging because I do not like this gift most of the time...because sometimes it is bad stuff like me being informed ahead of time when people I love or gonna die ......and the hard part ..What should I tell them about what I see or dream ... ...or what should I keep silent about ..

Nice to know there are others out there like this ...makes me not7 feel so strange ..(and no I am not alien lol ..neither is this from the devil ..and it happens to often for me to just blow off as stupid in believing ) ........

Thanks for shareing that with us ..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   

I can also sometimes see into peoples hearts when I meet them ...(This is the part that I hate to see ) ......I try and turn it off but it wont go off..
And they feel me feeling them ..that part is very weird ...I can tell them very

Well that sent a chill up my spine. I too see into peoples hearts. That is very difficult to deal with isnt it. I try and turn that one off too. I see the snakes and I see the saints when I meet them.

The quickening is happening.

Something familiar about you...the chills wont stop.

Have you been dreaming if a place you have not been to before but keep dreaming of the same place? This is the dream for me that has not come true yet and when I have it it sticks with me for days.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

If I was where you are, the place I was in not that long ago, I would not have believed me either.

What place am I in?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

What place am I in?

-891ville

Pop. 1

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
[Have you been dreaming if a place you have not been to before but keep dreaming of the same place? This is the dream for me that has not come true yet and when I have it it sticks with me for days.]

I have had dreams of places I visit ...houses I move into .people I meet ..etc ..
And do end up at those places and meeting those very people I dreamed about ...at some point down the road ..they happen ...Almost everyone of them ...There are still some dreams I am waiting to see them happen ..Usually I will forget the dream ..then suddenly one day out of nowhere that dream comes back in my mind again RIGHT BEFORE It comes down ..sort of like someone saying ..hey remember this dream ..well it is about to come down ....and it does ........

Yes the heart reading is the one that bothers me the most ..mostly because they have been like 100 % accurate ..and it isnt pretty what I see sometimes that they are hiding or they are pretending to be someone they are not ..

Where my dreams sometimes are a combo of both literal and symbolic ..And I am not that good at reading my own dreams as to what they could mean ...

I cannot do any of this at will ...I cannot just say to someone ..let me read you ...mine are more like just prophetic insights not an my request at all (at least thats what I consider them to be )

The one thing I do know for sure ..that when I do not listen to my dreams ...I end up in a bad situation every time ..
For instance ..I was warned in a dream not to marry my second Husband (yes I have been married 3 times lol) ..BIG MISTAKE ...I didnt listen and it ended up horrible for me ............

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

[edit on 29-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join