It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens seem to be a religion for some

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It seems that we have a lot of people that are replacing religion with aliens.

You hear it on ATS all the time. Aliens made mankind, the bible was talking about aliens. The aliens are here to save us from ourselves. Its a little much really.

How about the mind does not comprehend whatever this energy is and it manifest into whatever the collective conscience mindset is.

Like fairy's and dragons. The myths of ancient times. Mermaids and sirens. One of my favorites is the Airship flap of the 1800's.

My belief is that some kind of spiritual energy that is here to guide us and is sometimes seen but we do not understand it so our minds replaces it with the "unknown of the day"

The aliens are not the answer to our problems.

We are.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hi ..I agree with most of what your saying except this part ..

[The aliens are not the answer to our problems.

We are. ]

I believe we are the problem ..how can we be the answer ?
Men have had thousands of years to change their ways ..they have only gotten worse ..............and now we are almost at the point of destruction ..the CREATOR is the only answer to our problems ...he did create it ..wouldnt he have the answer to fixing it >> ?Would you take a broken statue that needs serious repairs to a TV repairman ?I think not ..you would take it to the one who molded it .or someone who had all the knowledge of how to put it all back together ..........
I do agree that aliens would not be the answer to our problems ...
In fact from all that I have read ..sounds like they are more messed up than we are even ..if in fact they are real ..
Does constant probing and experimenting sound fun to you >?certainly doesnt to me .......

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
..the CREATOR is the only answer to our problems ...he did create it ..wouldnt he have the answer to fixing it >> ?Would you take a broken statue that needs serious repairs to a TV repairman ?I think not ..you would take it to the one who molded it .or someone who had all the knowledge of how to put it all back together ..........
I do agree that aliens would not be the answer to our problems ...
In fact from all that I have read ..sounds like they are more messed up than we are even ..if in fact they are real ..
Does constant probing and experimenting sound fun to you >?certainly doesnt to me .......

I agree with you, the source is the answer. Does God not work through us? When you look within you will look to God. The source is in us all and is revealing every lie in this time so we can correct where we are heading.

Its the lessons of the soul...everything we have done teaches us to be better humans. We all learn at a different rate but we all seem to catch up at once.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Oh ok yes then ..I agree ...

the problem is we cannot do it without allowing him within us ..we are fleshly and carnal and it wars against the spirit ...and the flesh wins ..which is why we need the Holy Spirit to help us get under subjection the unholy spirits within us (the fleshly carnal minded man who thinks only on what he can see and hear and feel ...nothing else ...) ..............actually most dont even want to feel anymore ..they dont cry *they get mad instead ..crying is a cleansing of the heart and a healer if you ask me ...makes you more docile and humble .....
And they dont want to feel love ..because they put up walls because they dont want to get hurt ..*does the song love hurts sound familiar........the walls make them so tough then they never get to actually feel real love ...then eventually they wont want to either ..

I could go on and on ..but I am getting tired now ..think I will turn in ..
Nice talking with ya ..I will leave you a star as I go ...ty for the best thought provoking post of the night before I go to bed ...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Aliens as a religion?

Sure why not, aliens are more tangible than whatever god is supposed to be.

I just hope that the people who worship the aliens don't go killing other people who don't worship aliens, or killing people who worship different types of aliens, or killing people who worship the same aliens that have different rules, or killing people who worship breakaway sects of the aliens that follow fundamental alien ideals, etc...

As long as they don't worship the aliens in the same way that many zealots on the planet worship religion.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Hmm... you make a good point. I suppose there are a lot of folks who do replace religion with aliens. I guess if that works for them then let them have it.

As for me, I just think they're an interesting subject.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Interesting OP.

I agree that the belief in aliens can swing towards religious fervor. I'd say that the belief in aliens for some fills the same need that a belief in God does--not necessarily from a creational standpoint, but simply to believe in something bigger than ourselves. This is often a sign of a detachment from or dissatisfaction with "mundane" reality.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

I completely agree with you thrashee. Religion in all it's guises is merely a crutch for those who cannot cope with 'reality' or assume responsibility (as a whole) for the sad state civilization finds itself in today. It's always easier to deflect the responsibility onto someone/something else... like blame shifting... we do that a lot as a species too. It seems to be the path of least resistance. The easy way out.

You often hear about people jumping from one religion/belief system to another when they feel disenfranchised. Religion is a warm hard to hold in this darkness we call our own ignorance of life & the universe around us. Why should the belief in Aliens (as a religion) be any different? It serves the same purpose to those who cannot work without a net.

IRM

[edit on 27/8/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If there is a spiritual energy here to guide us and we keep misinterpreting it as mythical creatures who may be good, evil, or indifferent, then that spiritual energy is failing.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremy_Vaeni
If there is a spiritual energy here to guide us and we keep misinterpreting it as mythical creatures who may be good, evil, or indifferent, then that spiritual energy is failing.

Its not failing. It is on a much bigger time line than you can imagine. We only learn through experience and most times the experience is through fire. Like the phoenix rising from the ashes so shall our souls be tempered.

We needed to go through the time of tyranny and turmoil to get total point of total empathy and love. We will get there it will just take time.

We have the answers within. When you fall into the abyss you will see yourself.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I think most do this because

to prove aliens exist...proves god did not make mankind in his own image.

if so..why are these others guy here in UFO's?
would aliens have a soul?
i thought only human's have soul's???OMG they must be demon's then lol
and why did god convincingly forget to tell us?

so god would have to be left completely out at that point...

and then go from there.

but at the same time
if aliens did finally visit us.
And say..we created you ect ect...
i would have to believe them at this point.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by beforetime]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by beforetime

but at the same time
if aliens did finally visit us.
And say..we created you ect ect...
i would have to believe them at this point.

Why would you believe them at this point? Just because religion was created by man for control does not mean God does not exist. If aliens came here and made that statement I would assume they were trying to control us...and not for our good.

They are not our saviors.

We are.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

well if they made us...of course we would have to assume..they are ready to farm us or something lol

but who are we to say they are not the god we would have been speaking and waiting for all these year's?

they might be..

not to mention...i sure as heck would not fuss with them..id take what they say as gold.

look what they can do ...
make human's...fly anywhere in the universe.
lord knows what else.
so yes there word would be godly .. in a way lol

they would be able to do more than anything our primitive minds could think of.
heck the mere thought to figure out what there trying to tell us might blow our mind's up.
heavy stuff lol

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Yes i agree,
for a lot of people aliens seem to be a new religion and they see religious connection everywhere with the bible.
Now let me open a little interlude about bibble:the bibble is just a mixture of different cultures and religions existed thousand of years ago,it is a copy paste from the sumerians,babilionians,assirians and other civilizations who lived thousands of years before the BIBBLE WAS WRITTEN.
Just look at the bible genesi or at Diluvian: you can easilly see how the jewish has just copied it from the sumerians and after that modified it from a Polytheist religion into a Monotheis religion.So i can not really understand how in this Science ERa there can still be someone who believes the bibble is GOD'S WORLD.
And to get back in topic,religious born from ignorance so this is my explanation of why people see aliens like a new religion.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by umbracode]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
It seems that we have a lot of people that are replacing religion with aliens.

How do you equate religion to belief in aliens? I have not heard of anyone worshipping aliens.

You hear it on ATS all the time. Aliens made mankind, the bible was talking about aliens. The aliens are here to save us from ourselves. Its a little much really.

So? If it is the truth, then it is the truth. It is more plausible than some god that can not be verified. Again, this is not worshipping aliens.

How about the mind does not comprehend whatever this energy is and it manifest into whatever the collective conscience mindset is.

Not sure what you meant by that. If you are talking about some universal being or force, then yes we can not comprehend it. It's something beyond our reach.

Like fairy's and dragons. The myths of ancient times. Mermaids and sirens. One of my favorites is the Airship flap of the 1800's.

My belief is that some kind of spiritual energy that is here to guide us and is sometimes seen but we do not understand it so our minds replaces it with the "unknown of the day"

Perhaps. I, too, do believe in some kind of spiritual energy at work in our lives and this world. However, we do not replace the unknown with aliens and ufos. We acknowledge that yes there is something beyond us and the aliens, but we do not replace the unknowns with them nor do we worship the aliens. The alien phenomenon seems real enough to us.

The aliens are not the answer to our problems.

Maybe. Maybe not. Again, so? I know some people are hoping that aliens will save them. But for me, I am very interested in the ufo phenomenon because it seems very real and I have experienced and witnessed an UFO.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
How can you say you dont worship aliens ...

You do know that worship does not necessarily mean you bow down to them dont you ?

Woship
Dictionary.com Unabridged
–noun
1. reverent honor and homage paid to God or a sacred personage, or to any object regarded as sacred.
2. formal or ceremonious rendering of such honor and homage: They attended worship this morning.
3. adoring reverence or regard: excessive worship of business success.
4. the object of adoring reverence or regard.
5. (initial capital letter) British. a title of honor used in addressing or mentioning certain magistrates and others of high rank or station (usually prec. by Your, His, or Her).
–verb (used with object)
6. to render religious reverence and homage to.
7. to feel an adoring reverence or regard for (any person or thing).
–verb (used without object)
8. to render religious reverence and homage, as to a deity.
9. to attend services of divine worship.
10. to feel an adoring reverence or regard.
dictionary.reference.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

So you are saying that I worship the aliens the same way as religious people worship their gods?

I am interested in the ufo and alien phenomenon and love to study them. I love the subject. Just like I love science, math, and computer programming.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
[So you are saying that I worship the aliens the same way as religious people worship their gods?]

Yes I am saying that ..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

Okay, by that logic, I worship ATS. I religiously worship ATS many hours everyday. I regard it as my god. It will save me one day. All hail ATS!

Nope.

I love to study conspiracy theories. I love the subject of aliens and ufos.

If ufos and aliens are a real phenomenon, which it seems to be to me, then it is worth investigating in my opinion because it helps us to understand ourselves and the universe better.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Did you read the many definitions of what worship is ?
If you did then you cannot deny that you possibly worship that belief.......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join