It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Hillary slam Obama through the back door?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I just witnessed history.

Trust me, I hate this stuff, and know it's all show, but what a show by the Clinton's.

By being so gracious, Hillary sent the message, "See, you could have had this, and it would have been the golden ticket." "Now, you are stuck with Biden."

Anyone else get that?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
She did the bare minimum. No more no less. I kinda figure the Clinton's would throw a wrench in the convention.

Bill's turn is soon. If I were Obama I would cancel Bill's appearance. I don't think Obama can risk having Bill speak on his behalf.

Here's a thread about what Bill insinuated today

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think Obama might regret ever putting the Clinton's on the stage.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

Based on what Hillary has spoken

and how Bill has carried himself

Hillary is "more of a man" when it comes to accepting defeat than Bill could ever be.

you can blast me if you want, but i take personal satisfaction in watching Bill Clinton get all pissy about losing

I can't stand the man.
Didnt like him as President, don't like him now.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Damn..we agree again Andrew. Star for that one.

I think Bill only care about Bill, not Hillary.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I'm with you 100%

The Clinton's are masters at this.

Bill was back to biting the lip. When the camera's were on him, he was saying, "I love you, I love you."

I watched ABC show past losers, and nobody went this overboard.

It was so passive aggressive.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I watched the whole thing and felt the same way as everyone else.

She gets shifty when she doesnt believe what she feels.

Michelle wasnt even smiling the fake smile she usually dishes out, that in itself says TONS!

I cant wait for Bill to speak so he can finish cutting the head off the snake.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Not at all! She just delivers up hella' good speeches; if anything she held back some so as not to steal the thunder... Speaking of good speech delivery, did you see the Governor of Montana talk? Wow!!! Back to Senator Clinton; clearly she will remain a powerful figure in the party and it will be interesting to see if she remains a Senator or accepts a cabinet level position. I could see her as Secretary of State.

I can't wait to see Bill give his speech tomorrow. He's another amazing public speaker.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I have to agree with you, Andrew! At this point, Bill can say what he wants to but it won't make a bit of difference. I dunno, maybe being the gracious winner is what Hilary thinks will get her the nomination at the 11th hour.

Her endorsing Barack Obama for the good of the Democratic Party and in the name of unity just does not compute. With the Clintons, it's always been about the Clintons and no one else.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm sorry...

But I keep reading the title over and over again trying every possible inflection and I still end up with the same mental image...

The sad part is, that as offensive as the image is, it is as every bit true...

Hillary will get the last laugh and Barry or Barack, or Hussein or whatever his name happens to be will have to live on knowing that treated like a prison... Well, you get the picture...

Double Entendre Monkeys, not just for gratuitous thread titles anymore...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   

To accomplish the things Hillary has through the years and to become not only a fantastic first lady, but then re-elected New York State Senator, and then leading candidate for president for some time, and finally to deliver such and important speech on the stage at the DNC National Convention, is far more than I will ever accomplish in several lifetimes...what would you have Bill do? These people are also human. Is it not so hard to believe that she gave a really good speech and that her husband is not only proud of her but loves her?

What was passive-aggressive about it? I watched the whole thing, and clearly she did a terrific job of delivering her support, and speaking to her supporters, the rest of the party and the nation at large. I honestly don't understand how you put a personality disorder spin on such a thing? Are you kidding me? This was probably the best speech anyone could have made.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewTB

Michelle wasnt even smiling the fake smile she usually dishes out, that in itself says TONS!

I saw the same thing. Her body language was screaming that she was uncomfortable.

Not that I like the Clinton's at all, just don't mess with them.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Im pretty sure that this is one instance where its best for the clintons to just wait 4 more years

if they try any cheap shots now - they're done for

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

you guys & gals read way to much into this. I watched it on PBS and quite a few times the camera whent to Mrs. Obama, and I saw her nodding and smiling many times....Hillary's body language? huh? I've seen her give many speeches, she looked normal to me.

Also I am so impressed that they are all steering clear of personal attacks on the opponents and sticking to the "issues"...also going with hope and change and positive directions forward as apposed to fear and smear tactics. It's about time, a lot of us are so sick of politics like that...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197

Originally posted by AndrewTB

I saw the same thing. Her body language was screaming that she was uncomfortable.

Not that I like the Clinton's at all, just don't mess with them.

See for me, im actually a fan of the Clintons. I think despite the reputation of being selfish, they make the best decisions in the well being of America.

I don't agree with Hillary on gun rights, but apart from that I have a LOT of respect for her.

The initial results coming from Hillary supporters and delegates still have her as being the best and only right candidate this time around.

Being a McCain supporter this is good news to me. The party remains divided. Hillary's speech gets an A.

Her daughter will go on to bigger and better things no doubt.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

The only place that party will remain devided will be in right wing talk radio and tv land and on blogs sites where those who remain loyal to the fantasy can continue to masterbate over the idea. Just because a few ditto heads or McCain.com bloggers (who earn rewards for posting talking points btw) say so, doesn't make it so. I know it, you know it, and everyone sees this constant nasty spin machine as it tries to work it's black magic in the form of memes, rumors, and paroted propaganda.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
After watching this speech, and I think it was fantastic, aren't we left with the question of: "Damn, we could have had her, but we are stuck with Biden."

The Clinton's are masters of politics.

That's what is meant by the back door slam.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The clintons won't do anything themselves publically to mess with Obama's nomination. There are alot of Hillary delegates that are not happy with Obama and they will be the ones publically that throw the wrench in the nomination for Obama by voting for Hillary this week.

I would be suprised that when Bill takes the Stage he won't take his shots at Obama even if its not direct shots. Bill is a very dirty player and knows how to get those shots in there without making it look direct.

Anyone that thinks the Clintons won't do anything behind the scenes to screw over Obama Don't know the Clintons. For the Clintons it is all about them and Keeping their power in their party. And they will not give up their power without a fight!

I watched Hillary's speech tonight and the impression i got was she's a scorned woman who is toting the party line in public but behind closed doors is hopping for something to Happen to Obama so she can take the nomination.

I don't know if Hillary would ever renounce the demacratic party and go independant and run for office that way, because that would cost her, her senate seat in New York if she did and lost.

I agree with Andrew in that Chelsea will be the next clinton to reach of POTUS when she's old enough

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Like I said I feel Bill will do just like Hillary, the bare minimum.

People aren't even talking about the message the convention is trying to send out.

Instead it is all about the Clinton's.

They do know how to play the game.

Obama took a risk and he may regret taking it. I would have blown the Clinton's off.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Starred. Don't you see? You can't blow them off. Haven't any of you noticed? You can't get rid of them.

The Obama campaign is playing in the big league. This is how the Clinton's roll.

I don't think Bill will do anything, but stay the Hillary course. But the msg will be, you should have stuck with the Clinton's.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyshow
reply to post by AndrewTB

Just because a few ditto heads or McCain.com bloggers (who earn rewards for posting talking points btw) say so, doesn't make it so. I know it, you know it, and everyone sees this constant nasty spin machine as it tries to work it's black magic in the form of memes, rumors, and paroted propaganda.

I didnt even know such a thing existed so your point is nill. I was reffering to people coming out of the convention after the speech.

Unlike a lot of people, I do not fabricate my own reality. Sorry to disappoint you.

[edit on 8/26/2008 by AndrewTB]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join