It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Ruins Found on Mars!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by rocksarerocks

Well they do say that such agencie such as the NSA have technology 100 years more advanced than civilian tech.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
*snip*

What? You didn't see the kitten skull laying there? C'mon!!
Thats PROOOFFF of a civilasashun!!!!!1111 OMG!! HAhahaah.

On a serious note. It does look interesting. Prolly a rock though. who knows.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by NightVision]

[edit on 8/28/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyjackblack
Could it be some sorta lava rock?
Sorry for the oneliner.

-Jimmy

Yes it looks like A'a Lava. (Pronounced ah ah -I was originally a Geology Major many moons ago). Probably ejecta of some sort. Lots of volcanism on Mars.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by puzzled2
can some one tell
1. Whats this a picture off?

2. what happened to SOL 729 images here?

now THAT is an interesting picture.
i'm trying to figure out what part of the section that is supposed to be the rover, is repressented by the three objects and "fence" .. can someone point out the parts?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

Can most of us agree that no matter what side u fall on this or in the middle, isn't it odd that there ws no further investigation or official explanation to many of these anomalys that IMO are much more interesting than the cydonia face?

No. That site is horrible stuff. I doubt the site owner believes any of this. Just trying to attract traffic or get attention. An honest person would have pointed out the the object was the same material as the surrounding rock and had a Geologists look at it to attempt a good guess as to what it might be. Some people seem to want these things to be true so badly it has interfered with their ability to use good judgment.

I keep clicking on these threads hoping, but no cigar's I'm afraid. When I see links to that site I know it is likely to be nonsense at best.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If that really is legit, it is pretty astounding (no doubt you clever buggers have already debunked it by the time I finish this post).

To me it looks very much like a hedge. Of course it couldn't be, not only because I really don't believe it could survive but it just wouldn't grow in such isolation and so independent.

Good find anyway!

EDIT: I don't see any reason though why someone would build a single length or dry stone walling there though. Someone may suggest that the rest has fallen but where is the debris? Someone may then say it has been reused for other buildings but then... erm... touche!

It looks like it could (being imaginative here) be a subterranean entrance, the steps being on the other side of what we see. Or even... a well??

No, quite honestly I don't believe it to be anything of significance but it is extremely intriguing none the less! It just looks fake to me. I'll no doubt find out the truth if I get away from the first post and read the bloody thread!!

[edit on 27-8-2008 by triplesod]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I wonder how long before this little gem becomes part of the lore of Mars?

Naturally, there will be the paranoid few who will accuse us (the owners of ATS) of starting yet another meme to rake in all that huge advertising money and claim that "Thrashee" is one of my sockpuppets (for the record, I have exactly ZERO sockpuppets, I only post as "Springer").

Springer...

Holy Crap!

I never thought of that.. so THATS why there are so many posts on here that make me shake my head in wonder.

All along I thought it was just desperately lonely confused humans looking for "answers". Lost people needing to feel "in on" something.

Imagine my dissapointment now that I find out you guys are shillin for millins..

sad.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision

What? You didn't see the kitten skull laying there? C'mon!!

you forgot to mention the Alien Fruit growing there also....

some pictures of mars look like their is vegitation growing

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Here is the raw image
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Notice a similar porous rock in the right foreground

oops no. Not that right, the other right (left) Doh!

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Phage]

I was just about to question whether it could be a large, porous rock!

But, I'm no geologist or rockophile, would I be very wrong in thinking that a rock's porousness comes from exposure to running water?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee

Originally posted by Math(s)ew
utter nonsense

It's nonsense to suggest that what appear to be artificial constructs or faces may simply be geological formations? Oooookay. You're right, that sort of thing never happens:

Badlands Guardian

Head

And what makes you think that they weren't carved that way? Especially the badlands; in my opinion the badlands is a perfect example of circumstantial evidence that supports the idea of an ancient civilization on this planet that carved the mountain up to look like that; sort of an everlasting piece of artwork to say, "Hey we were here once".

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gormly

this kinda shizbang needs to stop. your constant insulting of the members here is bordering on abusive. no, it IS abusive. you're behaving just like an adolescent who must poke fun at anything that he deems is out of the ordinary. here's a reality check: NORMAL IS JUST A SETTING ON YOUR DRYER. should we poke around in your closet, i'm sure there are more than enough "abnormalities" to qualify you for your own "weirdo" museum

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by euclid

How about the fact that there is no evidence to suggest such a thing.

Let's put it another way: yesterday I was lying on the grass in Confluence Park here in sunny Denver, watching the sun set and the clouds roll by.

I happened to notice that the cloud formation above me resembled none other than a profile shot of Abraham Lincoln. It was uncanny the way the formation suggested this, to be sure.

So was I to assume that random formations happen to statistically occur, and trigger recognition in my cognitive abilities, or that some unknown force was actually shaping the clouds to resemble Abraham Lincoln, though the motivation for doing so is completely unknown?

Which do you think is the more likely explanation?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by triplesod

But, I'm no geologist or rockophile, would I be very wrong in thinking that a rock's porousness comes from exposure to running water?

Possible, but it's far more likely to be volcanic in origin.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

There is actually a lot of circumstantial evidence to suggest that there was once a highly sophisticated, technologically advanced civilization on this planet a long time ago. It would detract from this thread for me to point out just one data -point of the pertinent data. You wouldn't understand anyway; as it i beyond your ken.

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
MY GOD!!!! THE MARTIANS HAVE CHIA-PETS!! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by necspe

POCKmarked meteor. POCK. Having said that, this could be anything, and it's definitely an encouraging finger pointing in the right direction for anyone who is interested in the surface of Mars. NASA does nothing to investigate such points of interest, and it's a shame they even exist in their present form.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
FINALLY!!!!!

Something worth looking at!!!!!

Well done!

This is definitely a strange structure, and quite possibly made by early martians!

Well done!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN

This is definitely a strange structure, and quite possibly made by early martians!

Well done!

Well done? The thing isn't even level. I guess the early martians didn't have the proper tools. Hopefully modern martians do.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

if it is even remotely artificial, it would be more than likely some type of natural camoflage for a mundane, modern structure like a tent. the addition of martian sand to the topside of it, suggests either

1) the opposite side that we can't see has a drift of martian sand against that side, which is spilling over the viewable side... however, if such were the case, there would be a small heap of sand on the viewable side on the ground, along the length of the structure, indicating the sand stacked up on the other side and spilled over the top, draining onto the ground. it's not there so that indicates either

--a) it's somewhat to very old. some unknown effect of the climate which solidifies sand drifts into hard crusts at some point after their formation has kept it from leaving a heap on the viewable side, or

--b) it's very new and the sand hasn't had the chance to create a sizeable sand dump on the viewable side, or

2) it's deliberately added for the purpose of protecting the contents of the structure, like adding lunar regolith to the structures of the proposed lunar base at the south lunar pole. or

3) it's not stacked up sand at all, nor camoflage, but rather a layer of sand that has been deposited on the top as a result of a sandstorm or the ilk.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by undo]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join