It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Ruins Found on Mars!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

Well thats why I asked if its just me imagening things but I still think its hard to believe that this is shaped naturally..

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Just-Think]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Math(s)ew

I'll admit my curioisty here, except ofr the original Viking (was it Viking?) photos, most of the higher res and 3D maps of the face I've seen show it to be a pretty natural formation, what proof have yougotten to say otherwise?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Math(s)ew
I could accept that the first one (the face) is a natural geological formation if it hadn't been prooved that it isn't

This has never been proven to be other than a formation. Please cite sources otherwise. Note: depending on a "NASA lied" conspiracy theory is more tenuous than the claim itself, and will be discarded.

the second one (the statue) here we have either a living humanoid geing or an artifact and there is no doubt about it the probability that it's a natural form is preposterous

Or option C: it's a formation that looks like a statue.

Or option D: it's a Tusken Raider. Star Wars is actually reality.

and the third one well the same as above only with the difference that there's only one option what it really is

Not true. You're not giving any reason why behind your reasoning, you just keep affirming your belief over again.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just-Think
reply to post by thrashee

Well thats why I asked if its just me imagening things but I still think its hard to believe that this is shaped naturally..

Fair enough, though I'm a bit puzzled why you find that hard to believe. It looks like a low hill range with broken shale all about it. There are plenty of places on earth that look quite similar.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
O.o People thought the shade for the camera was objects on a hill? No wonders people are seeing houses, faces, statues, and everything else in these pictures. wow...

Quite! This very very basic mistaken interpretation means that there is a huge quantity of non existant anomolies that we need to dismiss before we get to the truly unusual images. It also means that the authorities can dismiss the "genuine" claims by tarring them with these bad claims.

Very unhelpful.

If you find anomolies please make sure they are in focus, from the original and with the foreground visible (to assess size).

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
You know, I have speant alot, alot of time in my life reasearching and studying to find plausable indications of life on mars.

And...

Noone helps that quest when they post images of things that are obviously rocks and makes a mockery of astrobiology in general.

There ARE some good images

But the skull is obviously a Rock because it's head is dented in and skulls crack and aren't solid inside

The statue is a load of bunk it's obviously rock and definitely not Alive, I could for arguments sake remain open on natural statue that somehow survived a major disaster... but alive, now way in heck

The face on Mars seems to have been debunked...

This... very well ,ay be something, it wasn't built but could be some form of Organic, On the surface you'd be looking for life that was extremely hardy with a capital Hard

I would excpect anthing porganic to be rough and almost rocklike like hard coral or tree bark, it would have to be very resiliant, like microbes that grow a crust over themselves to protect them during the 90% harsher times of the year

so this could be something, it's out of place an insect hive a colony of organism is possible

so good post...

and again it gets ruined when you decide for sure it's a human built or aline built fortification... or structure

here's one of the other few things I have seen that I think could be life

The Trees

and I wont swear they are trees, but they very likely either just that or a formation, given the location and the amount of visable ice present that could well harbor life, it's a highly watered region, and the cracks could be some kind of sinkholes, the dark discoloration if it is seems indicitive of liquid or life creeping in crevacies and if these are sinkholes and geologic and it's a wet area... that indicates to me that...

Ice is melting under the surface and my main belief about life on Mars is that we will find it under the surface where as pressure increases gasses are denser, liquid water is present and temperatures are high enough via hot springs and the like for life to thrive in cavernous environment...

and Mars should have alot more caves than Earth because it's core seems to be alot cooler than ours and water trapped in that rock is surely melting as you get to any depth

so these "Trees" are either the roots of somehting... like a inverted trees with the roots sticking out to gather sunlight for energy or if it's geologic it'look likely to be sinkholes resulting from liquid water under the surface...or other similar phenomena...

so these shots are proof of life perhaps...

and this one here in this thread could be Martian Organic of some sort, it's possible

But... the frying pans and skulls and all the rest, this planet Blew hardcore, the rocks are very where, tossed all over the planet planet wide, you can kind of even see the Planet was impacted by the size of Olympus Mons... like something knocked the planet on the other side...

but comeon, no more scultptures and bears unless one turns around and sniff the camera...

there is life here and we need to find real life...no toasters, please

If ruins are unmistakenly found... by all means post them, a clear shot of a pillar or heiroglyphs or... a polaroid in a frame...

anything but no more shiny rocks

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just-Think

Natural processes at work
Grand Canyon

Giants Causeway

Needle Rock

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
And nothing is more likely to be organic than the trees or harbor organics within it... nothing that has been seen or shown period.

It's the small ones and the way they come together, it's extremely organic and the small ones look like growths of new ones, it's something growing and happeing, be it geological or organic, But the little ones look way to much to be budding, a new sinkhole wouldn't start so tiny and frequently nor retain the circular formations when merged they would colapse together...

If there is anyplace on Mars we need to land this would be IT

[edit on 27-8-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Hello,

I can not believe there are people on this site that have not gone through every single Skippers theory and find.

This fact is very disappointing because it means people are not investing much time in research and are easily manipulable.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
We demand a shrubbery or we shall NI until you die.

Sorry I had to get that out of my system.

It does look odd, but I don't think anyone would build a cairn on a slope. I am leaning toward the lava rock theory.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I'm sure Zorgon and Mike would be licking their chops over this thread, I might see if i can raise their attention and see what the gurus think

But very interesting to say the least.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Like most other sane posters, I'm seeing an unusual rock. It's a good post and a good picture. I'm on the mailing list for the Mars Rover pics and rarely get ones this interesting.

Before people start adding this to the 'Cydonia' myth and triangulating meanings, one question. Why the hell would anything want to build a pile of rocks up there? Any visitors would have a better tech than cairn building. Any 'old civilisation' that used cairns would be buried beneath dunes a long time ago. That only leaves the likely answer of 'unusual rock.'

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
An earlier poster stated that there was nothing like this on earth. Her's a couple some of you've seen before. The first link would be very hard to dispute if we saw it on Mars. It would 'obviously' be artificial. The fact that it's natural formation shows how careful we must be before we draw conclusions

Who could look at that and NOT think it's artificial?

Not as good, but
www.geckoandfly.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Before people start adding this to the 'Cydonia' myth and triangulating meanings, one question. Why the hell would anything want to build a pile of rocks up there? Any visitors would have a better tech than cairn building. Any 'old civilisation' that used cairns would be buried beneath dunes a long time ago. That only leaves the likely answer of 'unusual rock.'

Well, personally when i first saw the picture I thought of a rock pile or sadly enough like someone said a thermal expansion of somesort. I have some rockpiles built out in my field (I live acreage) from probably a good century ago. People get all the rocks out the ground so its easier to grow and harvest. If they were to burried beneath dunes by heavy winds along time ago, its just as easy for them to be uncovered by those same heavy winds? Would it not?

xul

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Again another "proof of life on Mars" thread and again i'm looking at rocks...

Next time when you find interesting, extraordinary, ultimate etc Mars pic consider this:

1. There is 99.9% chance that what you interpret as some kind of proof of life it's just.. well..natural shaped rocks.
That's Mars. Rocks, a lot of them, rocks in all shapes and sizes.

2. Maybe there are pics that prove there is/was(intelligent) life on Mars.
But you won't see them. Maybe in few decades when out of nowhere some official groundbreaking discovery breaks out in the mainstream media.
But even then...question everything, think for yourself.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
starred and flagged...I think this is the jackpot... I don't know what else people need to beleive that there are ancient ruins are mars... besides actually going there and seeing for yourself this is as good as it gets.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xul

this is your opinion.. however you can go to many places hear on earth where there are "rocks" and you will always find rocks that match the enviroment.. this totally stands out and looks very artificial...yes it is rock material but the placement of the rocks look very similar to ancient ruins here on earth... I suggest you take the picture and zoom in on it..

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Great find!!

It certainly does invoke ones imagination.

Something to consider, if comprised of smaller rocks that are stacked, we would expect to see a leveling effect in the way the rocks would be laid? Is that present? Can we see strata in parallel to the ground?

If we see no structural symmetry or strata, either simple or complex, we can look at the possibility of plant or fungi type of growth or a rock with great porosity.

If simply a rock, what would cause such porosity?
On earth, sediment of diverse organic and inorganic materials is one way to create such a rock, as well as high concentrations of salts with subsequent erosion.

High volcanism of heterogeneous inorganic materials is another way.

We do see a great many impact craters but wouldn’t the amount of nitrogen and oxygen in the atmosphere rule out meteors?

Anyway you slice it, It’s a good find!!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hey it looks like someone has broken down on Mars a long time ago.

Sorry if this has already been noticed

[edit on 27-8-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm pretty open to the old, life on the moon and Mars theories but, to me, the picture is nothing more than a mottled rock! If we're going to argue about structures on the red planet surely there's better evidence than this. . ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join