It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Ruins Found on Mars!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by puzzled2

it's not a fence, your looking at the picture wrong, the top part is part of the rover and then the middle is the sky and then the bottom is the ground.

try that.....

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 27-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

yeah i think you solved the mystery, that seems to make perfect sense

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by puzzled2

Puzzeled, actually those pictures were pretty hotly debated for a bit, before it was realized those are pictures of part of the rover, thats the over head of the camera in the photo, the reflection makes it look like part of the terrain.
The first photo looks like something sticking up... but I looked closer and it had to do with the way the light was striking it, it's a slight variance between the rock and the landscape in the background.
The other pictures of similar rocks makes it pretty obviouse that it is a rock.
It does, however, look pretty odd. Good find. Maybe not a Martian dwelling, but a pretty neat looking chunk of stone, had me going until I saw the other pics.
Edit: Easy now beat me to it.
Mars does have a blue sky, it's lighter than ours, but the dust storms tend to obscure it. (Dusty planet= lots of dust storms)

[edit on 27-8-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
O.o People thought the shade for the camera was objects on a hill? No wonders people are seeing houses, faces, statues, and everything else in these pictures. wow...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
It's difficult to debate what it is when you can't acurately determine the size of the object. Can anyone work out the likely hight/width of the rock. There isn't anything to reference it against...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

The pictures that were originally used for the debate made it pretty hard to tell where the sand ended and the rover picked up. It took someone fiinding the entire set of images, I believe, before it was figured out.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
It's a rock, just like all the other rocks that you folks think are pyramids, faces, statues, tools, motorcycles, long-haired aliens, lizards, gorillas, and all the rest. It's a porous rock simliar to the ones conveniently cropped out. When you zoom in greatly, it looks like a porous rock. It does not look like little rocks stacked, there are no straight visible lines to denote different objects that are stacked.

Once again, someone posts they have 100% definitive proof of life, and it's once again, nothing but a rock.

Imho, when they find something extroidinary and man-made, we'll know it.

Why do you let your ignorance take control?
Incase you didn't realize we like to deny ignorance here.

It's not a rock it's a ruin. look at the similarities.
Youll just have to accept that sometimes your wrong.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Why do you let your ignorance take control?
Incase you didn't realize we like to deny ignorance here.

Youll just have to accept that sometimes your wrong.

Pot. Meet kettle.

Why don't you start providing some actual proof for this claim, please.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I agree with thrashee, I don't think you can say that the rock is definately a pile of rocks, and not only that but a 'ruin'. Take a step back and look at it from a subjective point of view.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

I would fire the crew that built it. Instead of building it level, they followed the slope of the hill.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The thing on the right looks kind of like a ship. Enlarge the picture. The middle shows what looks like a grid of metal?

Wait a minute easynow seems to have it figured out.

Oh well, still doesn't discredit actual life on mars.

Troy

[edit on 27-8-2008 by cybertroy]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

It's a rock, just like all the other rocks that you folks think are pyramids, faces, statues, tools, motorcycles, long-haired aliens, lizards, gorillas, and all the rest

well there are loads of photos of things on Mars that are definitely not rocks and if you think that this is a mountain:

and that those are rocks:

then you're not a skeptic you're a blind skeptic

when they find something extroidinary and man-made, we'll know it

or you work for NASA

My guess it's just a rock because the image is on a official NASA website

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Math(s)ew

Every single picture you've provided could easily be a peculiar rock formation. You can just as easily find natural phenomena on earth that spookily resemble such things.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

utter nonsense
more peculiar is your response to my post

You can just as easily find natural phenomena on earth that spookily resemble such things.

show me some examples of rock formations resembling (so much !!!) a human or a human skull

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Math(s)ew

I don't know of any off hand that look like skulls, I'm afraid, though I'm sure there are some. On a older thread, fellow had some pics that showed a fairly similar formation to the mars face, made a pretty good argurment that it was natural. As for faces in general, I remember that indian head here a bit ago, then there's Old Smokey, the Old man in the mountain.
I don't have my atlas handy, but I believe it's Montana that has a near perfect profile shape of a mans face. There's a mountain that looks a lot like a woman lying on her side,
Truth is, para-sawhats it is a fairly well known phenonema, s'how we get things like constellations and how carving stattue's got started (imho)
I got to admit though, friend told me a idea regarding the reason why we think we see so many skulls has to do with Mars being dead, we expect them there. We see fully fleshed faces on earth, ruins and bones on

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Math(s)ew
utter nonsense

It's nonsense to suggest that what appear to be artificial constructs or faces may simply be geological formations? Oooookay. You're right, that sort of thing never happens:

Badlands Guardian

Head

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I have found the strangest things on mars yet. There are so many objects there that have to be handmaked that for me it is already confirmed that there has been intelligent life on mars. No way that nature can shape gastanks, pots, pipes, perfect square stones etc..

For me one picture was really mindblowing and I wonder why nobody came up with it yet (as far as I know ). I really think I see the remainings of an ancient civilisation in this picture and Nasa isn't even trying to hide it.

Maybe can somebody else have a look at it and tell me if I'm going nuts or not;

Original > marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

Few Possible anomalies circled; rs15l33.rapidshare.com...

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Just-Think]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Just-Think

I examined your photo, and literally had to pan back and forth in search of what was so apparent to you. I never found it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

I could accept that the first one (the face) is a natural geological formation if it hadn't been prooved that it isn't

the second one (the statue) here we have either a living humanoid geing or an artifact and there is no doubt about it the probability that it's a natural form is preposterous

and the third one well the same as above only with the difference that there's only one option what it really is

or maybe I'm guessing

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Guys what you have here is a large rock similar to scoria

All it proves is the area was volcanic at one point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join