It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Ruins Found on Mars!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Joseph p. Skipper has been one of my absolute favorite researchers for this ever since i found his site early this year. He deserves as much credit as anyone doing this kind of work, IMO he will not post many things that he cannot provide many reasons why it is not natural in it's formation. I have just never posted his findings here because i thought everyone interestes in maars anomalys had seen his work...lol, i guess i need to remember that i wasn't "in the know" about all of these sites until febuary of this year, so thumbs up to the OP...i hope more people go to tis site...HOURS worth of reading.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

It's a rock. Cute the way Skippy cropped the other similar looking rocks from the shot.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak

Originally posted by easynow
here is the link...

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

i think it's a big rock ???

no its not a big rock,
its lots of small rocks stacked on top of eatchother.

Can you please prove this?

I applaud the posting of any interesting photos found on Mars, but shouldn't you go through some more steps before making such a definitive claim?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Great picture. But, I'm not convinced that it's anything more than one large, porous type of rock. Don't get me wrong, I wish it was lots of rocks stacked on top of each other!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
i dont know if these help but here are some closeups i did.

i have to admit it is one strange rock...

it has a weird thing on top of it that appears to be sticking up and is not consistant with the rest of the item.

also i see a cross of somekind towards the bottom right and i marked them with the arrow's.

my paint program is not that great and i changed the contrast/brightness and sharpened best i could

but here you go..

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
at first i thought it looked like the top of a tree, but in all seriousness i suspect its just a big pourous rock unfortunatley

had me excited there for a min or 2, unless we can find a close up image of the rock.

id love to see NASA try to explain it away if it did turn out to be a pile of rocks on top of each other.

prolly try tell us it was caused by thermal expansion

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It really doesn't look like rocks stacked on top of one another if you take a look at the close ups. If they were, some of those rocks jutting out in the middle would be very unsteady, and doesn't Mars have some pretty strong winds? Perhaps over time the wind has moved some of those rocks in the structure, but I doubt they would be able to stick out that much and still be part of the structure.

Also, wouldn't it be kind of odd to make shelter stacking rocks like that and then have some attachable something perched on top of it? Seems like there's no reason for basic building to meet what i would assume to be technology, just doesn't add up for me.

What a weird looking rock that would be but if it were a vehicle of some kind, the design sure is flawed for use on that planet.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I think most of these "structure on mars" threads are ridiculous. Mostly because people definitively say "it's a stack of rocks" when they have absolutely no idea what it is.

Anyway, check out the originals here. Bottom left in the series. Also check out the porous rock on the left of the picture. They kinda look similar.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Enigma Publius

It's a rock. Cute the way Skippy cropped the other similar looking rocks from the shot.

is this serious? If it is then just click the original unchanged and unlightend link at his website and take the picture to photoshop yourself. I always do this when i want to check out it's validity, and i can tell you that I get very similar results with no cropping! all i did was zoom in and lighten up the picture, and add a touch of color to bring out features. Anyway, besides that, no i don't think it's a bunch of rocks stacked up anyway. It is either volcanic porous rock or as Skipper suggested lichen plant life. I can't say either way on this particular find...so i would be forced to sway more towards porous rock.i want to believe but this picture does not do it. i still feel it's something worth noting in the overall idea. There are better examples on his site about plant evidence on mars that are more convincing than this; that being said, i know some of you would never believe of a plant on mars until you could chew it up with your own teeth.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
It's a rock, just like all the other rocks that you folks think are pyramids, faces, statues, tools, motorcycles, long-haired aliens, lizards, gorillas, and all the rest. It's a porous rock simliar to the ones conveniently cropped out. When you zoom in greatly, it looks like a porous rock. It does not look like little rocks stacked, there are no straight visible lines to denote different objects that are stacked.

Once again, someone posts they have 100% definitive proof of life, and it's once again, nothing but a rock.

Imho, when they find something extroidinary and man-made, we'll know it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

is this serious? If it is then just click the original unchanged and unlightend link

You didn't provide a link. I found the raw image myself. What is cropped is the nearly identical (and obvious) rock in the left foreground of the uncropped raw image

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...
marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...
that's the link to the origional JPL rover picture. I used your link to the "uncroped" picture and i used the same tools that skip said he used...once again, all i did was lighten it, and add color...and i got the same result he did. GEESH! I think it is a porous rock...already said that i think, but i think it's conceivable that it is some type of plant life that is slightly obscured by camera filters...either way there are better examples.
"edited to include both JPL links on Skippers site."

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius

"edited to include both JPL links on Skippers site."

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Enigma Publius]

You're missing my point. Skippy cropped the image (removing the similar rock) for his website, in order to make the "rockpile" appear anomalous.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Phage]

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Phage]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
can some one tell
1. Whats this a picture off?

2. what happened to SOL 729 images here?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I don't know. It looks like nothing to me... probably some odd rock of some sort, and nothing more.

Unless it looks like something, as opposed to nothing, I'm going to have to cry foul on it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by puzzled2

Wrong camera. Select PanCam.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Why wrong camera I see 3 metalic objects and a fence and its the wrong Camera??

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

interesting picture i wonder what those objects could be

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I'm sorry I misunderstood. Very interesting photo. You should start a new thread with it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join