It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Ruins Found on Mars!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I went looking for more photos with that object, and this is what I found.

The first photos of the object are from Sol 714.

Then in Sol 717 it appears again.

And again on Sol 719.

And 720.

And 728, the one that started it all.

As Zorgon said, it also appears on Sol 730.

If the photos are getting closer it means that the rover is moving more or less in the direction of the object, so maybe we can find more images in the Sols after 730.

It should be possible to know the distance of the object by using the images from the left and right camera (I never thought of that before), and if we can know the distance we can know the size of the object.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
Just don't know why they can't understand that the universe
Was not made for just humans.

Oh, there are plenty of other animal and plant species on Earth, and many of those things are much tougher than us when it comes to surviving in the raw environments of the planet and space. But just because there might be something else out there alive, doesn't mean there is. It's one of those things that's going to take some pretty good proof, not just a lot of suppositions and imagination.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Nohup]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
jesus you people are gullible. look at the small rocks on the ground near the front of the image. notice the cross section. hmmm..like pumice.
look at the large rock. also very porous.. like the small rock cross section. coincidence? I think not. you are not seeing stacked rocks. you are seeing a porous rock that has been eroding over time. anyone been to hawaii ever and seen them there? one could argue there are no other big rocks around.. not enough of a view was given. and.. we were commenting the other day on the freeway of odd rocks in the middle of nowhere by themselves. here..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
if mars once had oceans could this be some kind of rock coral of some kind? i would like it very much if acient ruins where found on the mars surface or even the moon from an ancient civilization before us

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Nice find OP
and Armap Long time no see

Who is to say that something like that was not once alive a milennia ago?You both may be right! Whether meteor or asteroid, all living things are hitching a ride on something. And when we die we become part of the structure.We here on a spaceship of sorts called Earth. Mars had seas, and Earth Seas.I believe ours were as red as Mars surface eons ago.

I won't say that is part of a Castle, like Coral castle, but I might meet someon part of the way and say maybe its a leftover coral rock, or other natural formation. Who knows at that distance. Planets are obliterated all the time, and become those meteors we see.
Here is some coral I found on a google, after someone mentioned piled on, and I thought of layering and things.
It would be wondrouss if it were, for indeed it is the remains of a life form.

Enjoy
As delicate as life is, it can be so persistant, whatever form it takes.

Lets just all be thankful, that, what we see there on Mars is not the remnant of a Borg Ship. I'm sure we can learn from them, more than an old jumble of rocks wouldn't we.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Sys_Config]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
If the photos are getting closer it means that the rover is moving more or less in the direction of the object, so maybe we can find more images in the Sols after 730.

So we have the Rover taking pictures of the same rocks from Sol 714 to 730, thats TWO WEEKS looking at the same rocks...

Sol 714 is 714 days after landing though a Sol on Mars is a little lnger than on Earth... but in all this time its hung around Gusev Crater shoeing us the same rocks

Busy work...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
How did that get pass NASA? anyway, whenever they show us something or a "leaked out" photo, they already have an explanation for it.
But they are showing more and more stuff all the time...is this some kind of Human preparation for the Alien acceptance?

It makes me wonder: are we the martians, the aliens (since we are the only ones destroying this planet) or did we travel to Mars in a distant pass and something happened? The reason why I said this is because I was re-reading forbidden history and forbidden archeology, and those books suggest, based on artifacts fund around the globe, that humans or humans and another type of intelligent beings have been here for million of years.

I'm new here but it's funny how the same people oppose everything that is said here!!... so I'm expecting them to come at me, but I don't think I'll reply!

This site is called "above top secret", but these same people just come to "debunk" everything.

I understand if they believe in one thing and don't believe in another, but it is just totally disagreement against any topic against the norms!!...Makes me wonder.
But I'm pretty sure that everybody already knew that, lol. I'm glad that I'm learning who they are, that way, I don't have to answer to their arguments.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
Who is to say that something like that was not once alive a milennia ago?
It would be wondrouss if it were, for indeed it is the remains of a life form.

Well now that you mention it one of my favorite Rover pictures is the one below... This one was taken by the microscope imager AFTER the RAT had drilled into the rock (you can see the outline of the cutting circle)

The full size is here..

NASA Rover Gallery

Hmmm I guess I better do a new thread on this... too many to waste

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Spirit started in a more or less straight line, but in the last 800 Sols or so it looks like it drank too much and is going in circles.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanx Zorgon, That is fascinating and the inside structure amazing.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't understand how some of you think the ruins or whatever it might be could have been alive, that's a little far fetched.

I want an experts analasys of the images to find out once and for all what the heck it is.

Please can we get a photo expert or a scientist
someone with the education to study the image
and tell us exactly what it is...?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

SS I am tru;y hurt you would say that, because thats not what we are saying that it is. We make decisions by comparing to what we know already. No way we would attack a hypthesis or premise , in such a cursory manner, but thats how people do evaluations. If there were an astro geologist he might tell you. Somewhere there is a database of similar rocks.Foward it to one and he or she might know or, like us, speculate.It costs about 4-5000 USD dollars just to tell if a foto is real forensically, and he would need to see all the rest. But it would prudent to say artificial structure with a question mark, than tilte it with a conclusion, which you dont know for sure. Anyway, I dont think we have a hat big enough here for that for 5k. Part of analysis is is considering all likely scenarios, and then via occom, the simplest "should be" the answer.
The next generation of robots should tell us a lot more. It gets better all the time.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
not saying that it's a volcanic rock formation of somekind. However doing a little google search brought up this. Untill we get a closer look, it does kinda seem like rocks that were stacked together.
burial mound? who knows.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegrayone
How did that get pass NASA? anyway, whenever they show us something or a "leaked out" photo, they already have an explanation for it.
But they are showing more and more stuff all the time...is this some kind of Human preparation for the Alien acceptance?

It makes me wonder: are we the martians, the aliens (since we are the only ones destroying this planet) or did we travel to Mars in a distant pass and something happened? The reason why I said this is because I was re-reading forbidden history and forbidden archeology, and those books suggest, based on artifacts fund around the globe, that humans or humans and another type of intelligent beings have been here for million of years.

I'm new here but it's funny how the same people oppose everything that is said here!!... so I'm expecting them to come at me, but I don't think I'll reply!

This site is called "above top secret", but these same people just come to "debunk" everything.

I understand if they believe in one thing and don't believe in another, but it is just totally disagreement against any topic against the norms!!...Makes me wonder.
But I'm pretty sure that everybody already knew that, lol. I'm glad that I'm learning who they are, that way, I don't have to answer to their arguments.

Pay no mind to the debunkers grayone, they think they are skeptics.... but they aren't.

There may be more truth in what you say than you may think.

Welcome,
-Euclid

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

Spirit started in a more or less straight line, but in the last 800 Sols or so it looks like it drank too much and is going in circles.

It makes one wonder what is "really" there to have them make it go in circles like that

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
What could this be?
Is this all that is left of ancient martian life?
or is there still life on mars after all...

What else other than a intelligent being could have constructed this?

A. Termite mound
B. Fake
C. Watering hole
D. I don't care

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Looks like low tide at beaches here before a hurrican hits (literally).

Maybe its seabed rock?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Parabol
I am 99% sure there is dust and rocks behind that.

99%
So ummmm what is the 1%?

The 1% is because I'm not so arrogant to assume that what I believe to be true is correct. The 99% is research, the geology of the area, and simple deductive reasoning.

(Not directing this at you)

If a civilization built this why is it the only thing there?
Were there other ruins once present but swept away, if so, why does this remain?
What was the purpose of this lone ruin in the middle of a crater?
Does it have anything to do with the other large, lone rocks found in the crater?

There are a ton of other questions that I feel 'believers' aren't asking, which they should, if they truly wish to discover more about it. Why are the skeptics the only ones doing research? Why do they not even address the fact the area was once filled with water and was greatly affected by local volcanic activity?

It seems like it's easier for them to agree with the first interesting possibility which requires no effort or thought. I'd love to see some ruins on Mars, I would be ecstatic to learn that. But there is a lot of evidence in this case that it is most likely a natural phenomenon (the 99% for me). If this rock was in a different location maybe that leaves it open more. Part of me doesn't even know why I'm writing this because I know people don't like to read anything lengthy. Zorgon, I have a ton of respect for you and your contributions to this board, but when you asked me what volcano earlier, and I had already posted the name and location of one close to Gusev, it just let me down. Because I felt that if you didn't read it, then most people probably didn't either. I get it, I know why people don't, but it's disheartening to take an interest, research, present the material, and have people skip over it and pretend like me, or other 'skeptics', are the bad guys for coming to the 'boring conclusion'. Why should I care? I don't know, I guess part of me would love for someone to find something amazing on Mars or wherever and things like this, to me, are only a distraction because there's nothing we can do to positively prove this. It's a picture, that's all we can take from it, there just isn't enough information to conclude it's positive proof. The only thing to do is research the area and history to learn more, that's all we can do. I don't know, I'm feeling like this whole thing is pointless, I guess I just want to help and contribute. Of course, I wrote this long paragraph to see if anyone would actually read it, though I feel like it will be taken negatively for some reason. I don't even know what to say anymore, hope everyone's having a great day.

EDIT: The above is not necessarily addressed towards everyone in this thread, I know it's not completely one sided, but more of a general feeling i'm seeing more here.

[edit on 28-8-2008 by Parabol]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
yea i love the fakeness
esp how the second group of photos has trees..
cuz of course Mars has trees...

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 12:32 AM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

oh i wonder if it's found something interesting,
malfunctioning or being repaired?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join