It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Ruins Found on Mars!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
Why couldn't it be a volcano bomb / lithic fragment? Do we know the size of the object on Mars?

Show me the volcano and I might agree it could be a bomb... As to size I could go dig that up as the details are available... but somehow by what I see in this thread it would be a waste of time. From one I did before that rock is approx twice the size of the Rover... and most likely rolled down the hill from the edge...

Its either a big piece of Scoria

OR it's a Rover Blind set up to keep an eye on the Rovers...

Because here is a photo taken a few hours later when they came out of that blind...

So are the rest of us...

Nah I don't think I have ever seen so many one line nonsense posts in one thread for a long time

I though school started already?

[edit on 28-8-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lizzipwn
Everyone who wants the source- on the bottom of the picture it tells you the link.

Yes but that requires them to actually READ and then type the address and the chances of them getting it right judging by the posts here are about as likely as a snowball's chance in Hades

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by monkeybus

Let's get a few things straight
I apologize for labelling certain "non-bielivers" skeptics
Just don't know why they can't understand that the universe
Was not made for just humans.

Second, those pics I posted are NOT mine,
Just sharing interesting stuff I find,
so the brightness or contrast might have been altered I have no idea.

and third, we don't know what's behind this object,
could be interesting to say the least.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by Just-Think

Well thats why I asked if its just me imagening things but I still think its hard to believe that this is shaped naturally..

Natural processes at work
Grand Canyon

Giants Causeway

Needle Rock

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Phage]

You will also see MUCH larger versions of Giant's Causeway type rocks at the base of Devil's Tower in Wyoming. They fall off the vertical slope of the tower... they are incredible.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
for your eyes only,, new nasa photo

ver relevent to this thread here

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

theres something odd in that image...why does the splicing of the seperate sections stop at the horizon..and why is there that odd looking dark stripe directly on top off the horizon?..ive also found one area where the airbrushing is very obvious..if someone tells me how to attach an image here ill post my findings..

i use photoshop all the time in my job and thats exactly what the sky would look like if someone had 'airbrushed' out the sky...

[edit on 28-8-2008 by alienesque]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
yah this picture was not taken on Mars im sorry to say... look at the atmosphere in the background lol wow what a joke

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque

i use photoshop all the time in my job and thats exactly what the sky would look like if someone had 'airbrushed' out the sky...

i doubt it, there is quite a bit of depth detail in the sky in that image, look more closely.

perhaps you'd like to post an example of your re-creation of this supposed airbrushing?

i'd be very interested in seeing that.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
yep..if you tell me how i embed a file here..no problem...in the meantime..look at the horizon..it looks VERY fake indeed

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

So are you saying that, due to deterioration, an ancient structure would be indistinguishable from a natural formation with similar straight lines and right angles? What basis then is there to conclude it is an ancient structure?

There is no basis to conclude that it is an ancient structure.

I based my response on your statement:

Well done? The thing isn't even level. I guess the early martians didn't have the proper tools. Hopefully modern martians do.

It seemed to me that your were making the assumption that it couldn't be an artificial structure because it wasn't level. Just wanted to remind you that time and hostile environments can play a critical role in how a structure holds up after long periods of time. Remember what happened to a steel structure in Minnesota after just 40 years:

As I said in my first post: I won't bother saying what I believe the anomaly is. I will, however, tell you what I think it's NOT. I don't think it's an alien structure and I definitely don't think it's the "porous" rock seen in the foreground of the photo that people keep referring to.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Wow! nice find

Though I do wonder why any one would build something on such a slopy terrain

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I have to agree with Undo. At first glance the object in the OP's post looks like a camo cover. The "hanging chad" at the top left looks very odd, but after seeing Zorgon's pics, it fits the look of those examples.

If it is stacked rocks, couldn't it be due to magnitisim? I don't know, thats why I'm asking. I see alot of pics that seem to be clustered, smaller rocks.

It seems to me that if an even somewhat advanced alien civilization were to build anything, that they would follow some sort of martain building code.

A question for the experts: Does NASA use any type of time lapse photography? I would like to see pics of the same landscape over somewhat short amounts of time to see if anything changes. I realize they have limited time to explore and to set idle in one location is not really productive, but I think it would be interesting to see. Maybe we should send stationary probes to interesting locations found by the rover to further investigate. just a thought.

Anyway, I'm new to ATS and really enjoy most of the thought provoking discussions here. It has got me thinking outside the box on several issues, and I thank you all for that.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

woah! chillo!, i wasnt talking to you, or about you committing fraud, i was pointing out that they had obviuosly been 'shopped, witht the effect of someone writing SAM into the sand, like on a beach.

look at the links first please lol.

img4.pictiger.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybus
reply to post by SuperSlovak

woah! chillo!, i wasnt talking to you, or about you committing fraud, i was pointing out that they had obviuosly been 'shopped, witht the effect of someone writing SAM into the sand, like on a beach.

look at the links first please lol.

img4.pictiger.com...

the image in your last link is obviously edited...if youll show me how to attach images here ill post what ive found..

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have two ideas on this. one is that it could be some sort of fossilized coral type organism like a less impressive brain coral from a long gone sea. or;
could this be like a magma zit on the face of the planet. seriously, if there was a tiny fizzure under the rock mass could it have produced and continue to form something like this? I would think that it would take the shape of a mound, but this particular one could be deformed or highly eroded. I know this sounds rediculous, just a thought.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

if you'll notice, the ground where the first set of rocks are are also closer in the second picture, the one you claim was photoshopped. the first picture closeup clearly shows that the ground behind the rock is a separate terrace, and the foreground slopes downward, which means that as the rover moved closer, it would have been moving downhill. this also means that the far terrace behind the pile would become obscured. therefore, not photoshopped.

but then again, why would martians build a rock pile in the middle of nowhere? wouldn't there be other ruins somewhere else? perhaps the rock pile is the top of a buried structure? thoughts?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Zorgon

Here's the volcano, as previously posted...

If you move a little bit north of the Gusev Crater you come to Apollinaris Patera.

Google Mars Map that shows Apollinaris Patera and the Gusev Crater

Wiki
Apollinaris Patera is the former name of Apollinaris Mons, a shield volcano on Mars's surface. It is situated near the equator in the south hemisphere, southeast of the shield volcano Elysium Mons on the Elysium Planitia, and north of Gusev crater.

Apollinaris Mons is about 5 kilometres high with a base about 296 kilometres in diameter.[1] On the top of this volcano is a small crater with an irregular border (the "patera"), which was probably made by an explosive, or pyroclastic, eruption.

Scientists Say Volcanic Activity Formed Home Plate (In Gusev) on Mars

Scientists have found evidence that Home Plate at Gusev crater on Mars is composed of debris deposited from a hydrovolcanic explosion. The finding suggests that water may have been involved in driving an eruption that formed the deposits found on Home Plate.

In a paper published in the May 4, 2007, issue of the journal Science, the team of scientists reports that Home Plate is composed of debris deposited from a hydrovolcanic explosion that occurred when molten volcanic basalt came into contact with subsurface fluid, perhaps brine.

A particularly notable feature in the lower unit is a clast with deformed layers beneath it, interpreted to be a bomb sag. Bomb sags are found in volcanic deposits on Earth, where large clasts, or fragments of rock, ejected from an explosive event are emplaced ballistically into deformable materials, causing depression of layering. Bomb sags on Earth typically indicate that the deformed materials were wet at the time of emplacement, but the scientists cannot rule out the possibility of sag formation resulting from compaction and gas-supported flow of dry materials.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
reply to post by monkeybus

Let's get a few things straight
I apologize for labelling certain "non-bielivers" skeptics
Just don't know why they can't understand that the universe
Was not made for just humans.

See, here's your problem. You are equating not believing in this rock pile with not believing in other civilizations. You can't say there must be other civs (which I personally believe) so this rock pile must have been created by them because you don't understand how they could have been created.

and third, we don't know what's behind this object,
could be interesting to say the least.

I am 99% sure there is dust and rocks behind that. Look at the panoramas from Spirit, there are large rocks like that scattered around. The crater is mostly a flat plain, there really isn't much else there. Research the context and environment of the picture more if you want to learn about its possibilities.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
this is 100% a grade photoshopped nonsense
look just to the left of the most westernly"ruin" and you will see a clear line were the shopper has failed to remove the blend
many thanks....=)
goodbye

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I am 99% sure there is dust and rocks behind that.

99%
So ummmm what is the 1%?

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join