It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention United States loan holders - $75 million dollar settlement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Attention U.S. Credit Consumers

Class action lawsuit

A settlement worth at least $75 million has been reached with Trans
Union LLC and Acxiom Corporation (“Defendants”) in a class action
lawsuit that claims the Defendants violated state laws and the Fair Credit
Reporting Act (“FCRA”) when they sold lists containing personal and
financial consumer information to third parties for marketing purposes.
The settlement does not mean the Defendants violated any laws or did
anything wrong. The Defendants deny any claims of wrongdoing in
this case.

Basically - if you had a loan in the United States between January 1, 1987 to May 28, 2008, you are entitled to damages as awarded in a class action law suit against the Trans Union Corporation.

Please visit the link provided, you are entitled to your benefits, and all you have to do is register.

I just seen this as a commercial watching TV, and couldnt believe what i read when i got there.

There is a deadline of September 2008 in order to be eligible for benefits.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
that literally means everyone who had a loan

for anything

house, car, a pack of bubblegum

period

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm still waiting to hear about the class action lawsuit against First Command and the Fidelity Destiny II plan. They were charging 50% sales charge on the money invested. It's been going on for years.

www.bamlawca.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Thanks for another great link Andrew!

Okay, is there anything left in the word financial that doesn't have a settlement attached to it?

These settlements are trash, as everyone gets off on their responsibilities & culpability.

The banks, the lenders, the credit reporting agencies. Can we say organized crime here? How about the RICO act? Oh excuse me that is reserved for non-government sanctioned entities.

Now that I'm thinking about it, for goodness sake even the Cosa Nostra has a code of honor (not that I endorse the Cosa Nostra - :lol
But honestly, how low has our entire government and financial system sunk? We are making settlements with entities that need to be held accountable. It's out of control.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I couldnt agree more, relentless!!

I really love the part of this settlement - where - part "of the settlement"

is that the company "does not admit guilt"

Give me a break.

OJ wasnt guilty - he just tried to write a book about how he killed them.

"not guilty" has a whole new meaning these days

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

You don't get a "piece of the action" so to speak ..

However anyone who held some form of credit/debt from those dates can in fact get free Credit Reporting for a year. Because well ... the "Free Credit Report" sites turned out to .... not be free.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Thanks Andrew

Now if only some one would go after the credit card companies for Usury. 30+% interest is ridiculous. They WANT you to go bankrupt.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
you can opt to sign up for money + free reports for a period of time

or free reports only for a longer period of time

or "only contact me if i can get money" is an option too.

So there is the chance of a monetary reward after the 75 million dollars goes towards attorney fee's and things of that sort.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

Unfortunately in a class action suit, after they pay all the primary obligations, most people end up getting only a few bucks (and it's taxable, I think
).

Anyway, I just wonder, were the other two of the three biggie credit reporting agencies not doing this too?

What stikes me is there anything to suggest that this behavior resulted in any identity theft? That alone would be worth a heck of a lot more than a class action suit settlement to an individual.

But some things you can only ponder.

posted on Sep, 2 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yes what a farce huh,I have been in a few class action suits,the only one that ends up with any money is the attorney's what a joke,all you can hope for is a nifty key fob or a calendar

new topics

top topics

join