It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapture B.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I saw the recent thread about the rapture coming in September, for those of you taking it seriously here's a great place to throw away your money.
postrapturepost.com...
LMAO at the order page...go there for some great laughs. My favorites are the 800 dollar message on Medevil Parchment and the Babydoll Tee...this is too much. I got a really good laugh out of this when i did some google rapture searches after reading the first thread.

If the rapture happens, i will definately be left behind so ya'll can trust me with your hard earned devil dollars and sensitive e-mail passwords and bank info, i need a little cash for when i pimp my purgetory.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Er... so why doesn't this belong either in the same thread you are refering to, or rants, exactly. Not saying I don't get your points, just saying I don't think it was worth a new thread.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Thanks for the link to the website.

See, it's that kind of junk that makes things look bad. That website obviously made it seem like Christianity was there just to make money, and that they are using an event from the bible to get their hands on some of your hard earned dollars. I mean, OP, you're convinced of that too now, aren't you? Obviously you aren't going to be converting to Christianity, this website cementing your deepest beliefs.

It makes me sick. I hope you see the light and forgive what ever signals these perverted people have given you.
Peace.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
MODS please move this post to the rants section.
my apologies.
e.p.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius
MODS please move this post to the rants section.
my apologies.
e.p.

what are you talking about? This isn't livingwithstyle or casualdiscource, we don't have a flames section, so that wasn't funny. Also, the post above mine was pointing out your error, and I was DIRECTLY addressing your concern. In no way were the first two posts after yours a "rant". This post would be the exception, but your statement could not go unnoticed.

[edit on 103131p://222 by For(Home)Country]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
The rapture has only been "proven"
by the splicing of verses. Read the Bible from beginning to end as it was given to you and you will find that it is your imagination that has caused you to believe such a ridiculous fantasy.

I have used this analogy before, but will be happy to do so again!

"The personal information you post on AboveTopSecret.com are subject to ensure other users a warning to be aware to avoid you." This is taken from the page I am replying on... all spliced and written for interpretation purposes.. doesn't make it spot on and truth.

You can splice the bible and come up to any conclusion you so choose... doesn't make it right and makes your belief even less credible in the meantime.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by For(Home)Country

honestly i'm still getting used to how i'm sopposed to post, i had an older member telling me that the rants section is where it should go; i am very new here, on any forum for that matter. So i dunno who is right. Also, you did directly address the origional post, and you made a good point. If I was ever going to believe in the rapture, sites like that wouldn't help. As it happens, i do not know where i stand spiritually, but i do try to keep an open mind. It just bothers me when i feel it being promoted by fear.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Um this site is run by atheist. It is an attempt to prey on people's ignorance or it is simply satire. Either way, there is nothing "Christian" about it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)CountrySee, it's that kind of junk that makes things look bad.

If you are referring to christianity when you say "things," I assure you it is hardly the website posted that makes christianity look bad. It is all the ppl w/ their different views on it that ARE the right one regardless of the other christians' views and not to mention the impositions that are imposed onto the lives of others regardless of if they asked or not.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enigma Publius
reply to post by For(Home)Country

honestly i'm still getting used to how i'm sopposed to post, i had an older member telling me that the rants section is where it should go; i am very new here, on any forum for that matter. So i dunno who is right. Also, you did directly address the origional post, and you made a good point. If I was ever going to believe in the rapture, sites like that wouldn't help. As it happens, i do not know where i stand spiritually, but i do try to keep an open mind. It just bothers me when i feel it being promoted by fear.

okay, well thankyou for your honest reply. I'm sorry that you have to be confused by such a thing. As a Christian, I myself often see so much contribution and politics within the church that it makes me sick. However, I filter out the crap that makes Christianity a religion, and focus on the real in it. The bible, love for other people regardless of their situation, and my relationship with God is what is real, and what is a priority. The money that is given to "churches" should be used for furthering the gospel by what ever means. I have no problem giving to causes like that. I hope that one day, Christianity can become what it is supposed to be.

I hope that you can find where you stand, and I hope one day that is beside me in heaven. No one should be left out.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by For(Home)Country
As a Christian, I myself often see so much contribution and politics within the church that it makes me sick. However, I filter out the crap that makes Christianity a religion, and focus on the real in it. The bible, love for other people regardless of their situation, and my relationship with God is what is real, and what is a priority.

someone once gave me an illustration of hypocritical religions that have non-biblical dogma.

if someone handed you a plate with perfect steak and potato dinner that was covered in dog feces, would you feel like digging through the feces to get to the steak?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I see your point Miriam...I think...

but please correct me if I am off. I THINK what you are aiming at is that while Christianity is beautiful underneath the 'crap', there is so much 'crap' loaded on that it's hard to see anymore, hence people won't wanna buy it. Am I in the ballpark or am I in another city alltogether?

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
I see your point Miriam...I think...

but please correct me if I am off. I THINK what you are aiming at is that while Christianity is beautiful underneath the 'crap', there is so much 'crap' loaded on that it's hard to see anymore, hence people won't wanna buy it. Am I in the ballpark or am I in another city alltogether?

-Kyo

lets see, this is london and your in.. j/k

when i mean is, the bible emphasizes over and over and over again that god wants pure worship. that when things are added or taken away, he's disgusted by it.

thing is sometimes humans dont look at it the same way. either they stick with a religion, because its what they are used to or they justify the use of false worship.

for(home)country made a point about there being crap in christianity, which they are right, there is. but then what does that say about christianity? isnt that like the isrealites when they were worshiping ba'al?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Thanks for the gentle corretion :-p

Yes I can see that point

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

I think that this is my favorite, the "I told you so" card. HA!

"Told You So" Card - $7.99

When herding the flock, sometimes it takes a little tough love. This card tells the recipient in no uncertain terms that he or she should have followed Christ, but they chose not to. Upon seeing the error of their ways, many non-believers will return to the path of righteousness from their lives of sin before the Rapture.

Source: postrapturepost.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
LMAO, ok so let's see. A website is selling things from christians to give to people left behind after the "Rapture"

4 to 6 weeks depending on the mode of delivery left after the rapture.

Oh thats gold. I wish I could have thought of this scam.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Dark Elf is correct. On the home page you link us to, it is stated, even partially in bold:

The creators of this site are Atheists. That's right, we don't believe in God. How else would we be able to deliver your correspondence after the Rapture?

Not Christians.

Good thing, too. I was about to go off on a rant of my own if Dark Elf hadn't pointed that out and I hadn't gone to the site to see for myself.

top topics

join