It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

16 killed in chemical plant blast in China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

16 killed in chemical plant blast in China

www.iht.com

Explosions ripped through a chemical plant in southwest China killing at least 16 people and forcing the evacuation of thousands of nearby residents.

Six people were still missing Wednesday and another 57 people were injured, the official Xinhua News Agency reported.

The first explosion occurred at about 6 a.m. Tuesday in Yizhou city in Guangxi province and the blasts continued until 1 p.m. Fire spread over a nearly 108,000-square-foot (10,000-square-meter) area, Xinhua said, citing an unidentified firefighter in the rescue operation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
What is going on in China? This kind of thing is becoming pretty frequent now. This one is huge.

One thing about this bothers me though.
I had a look in the article and tried to find others, but somehting that appears to be missing in all the stories is what caused the explosions. They are usually quick to report the cause or at least probable cause but not this time.

The best they can offer this time is

Thousands die each year in China from fires, explosions and other industrial accidents often blamed on insufficient safety equipment and workers ignoring safety rules.

But after the other recent accidents one would think safety would become a priority everywhere.

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Boy I wish China would get on the OSHA, Drug Testing, tail gate safety meeting band wagon. Oh wait every product would cost to much to make. But sleep good knowing that the US exported all of the hazardous jobs to China. Kinda like were green and we love the planet but China is going down the tubes making all our green products. I don't sweat it I just buy carbon credits and I feel real good about my part in this.

new topics

join