It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Breaking Point.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I have as much as I can take. I have reached my breaking point. Almost everyday I visit this site and read on all the conspiracies, and all the problems with the world but nothing ever gets done.

We read about Police Brutality and do nothing. We read about Government taking away our rights and we say nothing. We read about wars being started over personal gain and we look the other way.

Look at the state the world is in, look at the way things are, the way we have let them become. Everything is a mess; nothing is the way it should be. The rich are in control they kill us, the control us, they strip us of our rights, they manipulate us to hide the truth of things. They are doing one hell of a job, the way things look they will continue to use us and abuse us and we will do nothing to stop them.

If that’s the case they deserve to be in control. If they can get away with everything they get away with and have no one stand up and act against their rule then they have every right to continue to kill us, to control and manipulate us.

So what can we do? I wrote a thread awhile back saying what we needed was a massive protest, a boycott of everything big business. No banks no superstores, no work (unless you work at a mom and pop shop) nothing. It is after all the big businesses that run this country they pay for everything our government does. They are able to pass laws or keep laws from passing. They can strip a third world nation of its resources and leaves its people in poverty, hunger and depression. American citizens are bound to American law no matter where they are in the world, so how is it that they can do the things they do and no one calls them on it?

Hit them where it would hurts the most, right in their pocket books. The thread didn’t last and people didn’t like the idea. What then? What does it take for us to get up and do something? All day we sit here and talk and talk and talk but we never try to solve any of the problems that we complain about.

We need to do something, we need to act now or we might not have a chance to act later. We sit here and watch our rights slip away, we watch them assume control of everything, we watch them take everything away from us. We have no privacy anymore, we are scared of everyone, and we sit by and let the police abuse their power not to mention the entire government.

What does it take to act? Why aren’t we doing anything about this state of affairs?

All the conspiracies aside we cannot deny that the government is becoming way to powerful, I am not saying this as a conspiracy theorist I am saying it as a concerned patriot.

What will we do? We as a community must pave the way for those who cannot see past the fog as we can. We must show them a way otherwise the fog will become to thick and we wont be able to clear it for them. We need to fulfill our constitutional duty and restore the dignity of the nation.

So will we as a community act or will we sit by as our world fades into darkness.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
A change overnight is often a change for the worse. Don't be discouraged by all the stuff you read in here. This site wasn't designed to start a revolution, but rather provide the information necessary for a better understanding of the world.
True, you could go out and protest or fight, but in this day and age are likely to end up in jail. And what good would you be locked up in a cell?
It's important to understand that just because we have this knowledge does not mean we are ready to take the world into our own hands.
I would be lying to say 'nothing gets done' through all of this. If anything, we are slowly enlightening the masses, and although a timely process, the more people we educate, the closer we come to change.
Stay positive, stay informed, and stay true. This battle has only just begun, and should not be rushed.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
It can happen. It did in the 60's. Good or bad (I won't go there here) there was a huge amount of political and social change. And not only the the USA.

The changes then seemed to have started with the generation that was coming of age at the time. The Vietnam war, the possibility of being dragged off to a war of which the purpose was very unclear. The cold war, duck and cover, tomorrow may never arrive. These were things that were happening to us that we had no control over. We had our music, some of the best (in my not so humble opinion) ever made, and tons of it. It was our music. There were so many things that made us feel like we were in it together.

Why isn't that happening now? What's wrong with these kids today? (please note the irony of that statement)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
So where does the change start?

So far they have had the upper hand un-opposed. We have not tried to fight back at all we stay quiet and subservient. When are we going to actually stand up and start defending our rights?

It doesnt matter if ATS was meant for it, it could be a valuable tool to help start the change. Im not looking to make this an overnight thing im just asking, begging people to stop gowing with their plan to stop being subservient and stand up for themselves shake things up a little.

We arent doing anything today, or if we do its small scale and quickly brushed aside as some crazies fighting for some stupid cause.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by caballero]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by caballero

All the conspiracies aside we cannot deny that the government is becoming way to powerful, I am not saying this as a conspiracy theorist I am saying it as a concerned patriot.

To question the government you are a terrorist, not a patriot.. get it right.

I for one agree with you.. As the movie V for Vendetta states.. The government should fear the people, not people fear government..

But sucks for us few who give a rats ass cause we are called insane, crazy, stupid, no life, and so on..

As long as the sheep have football, American Idol, and beer, they can give a crap less about everything else. I cant add anymore here cause how I feel about this situation I will be banned.. So I will just make fun of people who dont open their eyes..

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

Be careful with what you label a terrorist. After all our Founding Fathers were England's terrorists.

One mans terrorist is an other mans freedom fighter, remember that. I think what the OP is saying is true we need a change. A major change.

Just because he wants to change this country doesnt mean he is a terrorist and to label him so is wrong. Freedom fighter for the people, terrorists for those who wish to kill the people.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Just because you don't see planned actions talked about in this forum does not mean there aren't people taking action to make changes in our government.

How do you know there aren't groups of people ready to move at a moments notice?

You are not alone in your concern for our country.

God bless the USA.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I don't believe in much of this conspiracy stuff.

The fact is you can't alter human reaction. If they still our rights, they will meet our rifles.

But they haven't, and I doubt they will.

The fact is we are quick to call conspiracy when big brother is watching. Well I dare to claim that just because big brother is watching, doesn't mean he cares.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It can happen. It did in the 60's. Good or bad (I won't go there here) there was a huge amount of political and social change. And not only the the USA.

The changes then seemed to have started with the generation that was coming of age at the time. The Vietnam war, the possibility of being dragged off to a war of which the purpose was very unclear. The cold war, duck and cover, tomorrow may never arrive. These were things that were happening to us that we had no control over. We had our music, some of the best (in my not so humble opinion) ever made, and tons of it. It was our music. There were so many things that made us feel like we were in it together.

Why isn't that happening now? What's wrong with these kids today? (please note the irony of that statement)

What is wrong with the kids today? I'm not far from "kid-dom". I'm 22. I'm definitely a kid to you... and I can tell you one thing: the media has brainwashed the kids into fearing anything except what is socially acceptable. It's to a point now that if you go against the grain in a less than stylish way (because there's true conscious rebellion, and then there's piss your parents off mindless fashion rebellion... which are not at all the same), you will get stonewalled and disowned by everyone you know. It's happened to me. I'm an "indie rock" musician, and even in this supposed liberal scene, it's so fickle and hierarchical that it's become a mockery of itself. Do you know how many drummers have bailed on my band because we didn't stick to some pre-conceived bull# formula?
Through the media, somehow (I've never personally experienced the severity I'm talking about) kids have become absolutely desensitised to suffering and judgmental, they think life isn't worth living if it isn't a mirror of MTV or whatever niche they've been sold into, and anyone who isn't in a niche and is just floating around freestyle, or any idealist who doesn't fit into the media rendition of an idealist is black-listed. If you don't have a camera cell phone and an i-pod and wear a tshirt that represents your societal niche, all while still being a functioning member of an inherently psychotic society, you are labeled nuts and abandoned. If you can't # it, gossip to it about others, use it for something that benefits you, or control it, there's no point in relating with it. This is just how the youth is today. You ask what is wrong... and I'm a youth, and I look around and SCREAM "What is WRONG!?!?!?!?!"

It's so frustrating. How can one person change the world when the world refuses to change and ignores that person, or even worse, singles that person out, labels them insane, and locks them away forever? That is what we are dealing with here... is an assault on the psyche by a psychotic public mindset. People who are unwitting agents of something very self-destructive, arbitrarily deciding who is fit and who is unfit... and the ideas that will change the world for the better will be met with psychotropic drugs and severe mental "rehabilitation" programs.

Many people who have tried are most likely in mental wards with chemically induced lobotomies.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by dunwichwitch]

[edit on 27-8-2008 by dunwichwitch]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

Being a product of the "brainwashing media", knowing friends from it too, and also knowing kids today, I can tell you that's wrong.

Kids these days are lazy simply because there's no incentive. Big Brother's got the perfect cover. He simply isn't visible. Except for the occasional camera, and the occasional violation of rights, nothing is happening.

We all hate big brother, but we aren't being suppressed. Anyone can post grafiti, anyone can post their thoughts on the internet, anyone can do as they wish without feeling "cramped" as under dictatorship.

Because no one feels "cramped", no one is eager to break the cramping room.

We all fit perfectly well, and perfectly happy.

There will never be a revolution as long as this continues.

It's not that hard to see this.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I know the frustration and rage you feel. And an intense sense of hopelessness in my case.

Many people know what's happening. The government- both local and national- out of control, taking more and more power while supressing more and more individual rights. The gap between rich and poor ever-widening. Corporate welfare. Jobs leaving and wages falling. Unjust power grabs and wars for oil. Manufactured crises and shortages. And so much more... Many people know this. The problem is we also know there's nothing we can really do about it.

Most of us regular folk are just trying to keep their heads above the water, struggling to survive. And the people with the power and money that could actually change things- well hell, that's the last thing they want as they're the ones benefiting the most. The oil companies, military industrial complex, the companies moving our jobs overseas- they love the status quo and will do anything to preserve it. To me these corporations are traitors and I believe history will bear me out on that.

Our country is in decline. Those bastards have and are raping the USA. The corporations own the government now, pure and simple. We are simply consumers; cogs in the machine, if we're lucky enough to even be that.

The United States is the greatest power in history since the Roman Empire. And if you know anything at all about that empire's fall, you know we're on the same track. Rome wasn't destroyed by invading hoardes or disease or famine or whatever. It rotted from within. To keep the masses from waking up and revolting, the Roman government gave them "bread and circuses." That is, consumable goods and entertainment. Keep the masses fat, distracted and stupid while you pillage the nation's coffers. Control information. There were some citizens who saw the truth and raged against the machine but to no avail.

sound familiar?

I dunno... I have some hope that the Democrats will win both the white house and the congress. They're not the solution but I think it will slow the downhill slide somewhat. Buy us a little more time.

I have two girls, ages 4 and 6. Sometimes I wonder if it was wise to have had them as I really fear for the future.

Oh well, time to bow down and get back to the grind.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
History repeats itself. No Empire lasts forever.

So when will our revolution come? and why is it so far fetched that the revolution start here?

Look at the way the world is because of the United States. Its the complete opposite of what our Founding Fathers hoped we would be. This is a disgusting country and nothing will ever change if we keep relying on other to start the revolution.

Thichheaded-

Very wrong to question the government is liberty. To question the government keeps them under control from dominating. To question the government is patriotic, not terrorist. How dare you play into their hands by spouting such ignorant crap. Our founding Fathers questioned their government (the british monarchy) and created the worlds first modern democracy. Were they evil terrorists? to the british royalty they were but the british royalty of yesterday is todays US government. So who do you side with?

[edit on 30-8-2008 by caballero]

new topics

top topics

join