It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kites Produce More Energy than Windturbines

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I found this to be extremely interesting. I am an alternative power buff and this really caught my eye.

I was amazed to see how much power could be generated with a kite, but I don't see how they could sustain this with just ripstop nylon.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Realtruth]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Cool, you got the link for this?
It is the force on the string making the power, I cant quite work it out?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thats some awsome work!

I wonder if it works from the up and down motion that wind currents produce.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
this is amazing, i wish i thought of this before! best of all, its very simple

thanks for the post

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
so how exactly does it generate electricity?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkey

www.wired.com...

Here's how it works: When wind hits the KiteGen, kites spring from funnels at the ends of poles. For each kite, winches release a pair of high-resistance cables to control direction and angle. The kites are not your Saturday-afternoon park variety but similar to those used for kite surfing -- light and ultra-resistant, capable of reaching an altitude of 2,000 meters.

KiteGen's core is set in motion by the twirl of the kites; the rotation activates large alternators producing current. A control system on autopilot optimizes the flight pattern to maximize the juice produced as it sails on night and day. A radar system can redirect kites within seconds in case of any interference: oncoming helicopters, for example. Or small planes or even single birds.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
wow free energy and no polliton we should send this to t. boone pickings he is for windmills but this may be a better option. my .02

new topics

top topics

join