It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does science prove the existence of God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
thanks for that faisca, if we going like this we are going to end talking about the illuminati, and I already have posted my oppinions on that. This forum sound like the book I am reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown were the death scientist was killed because he could prove the existance of God using science.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Angels and Demons is a great book. I started my first post talking about the scientist in that book who was trying to prove God existed through science. I think some day that might happen, we can only wait and see though.

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You know that old fiction has become modern reality I hope that It does happen. Remember Da vincy and his flying machine.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimpleTruth

Originally posted by Tjololo
lol nice response but i was looking for something more along the lines of his reasoning of why just good cannot exist. I know this question to not be true in the slightest but i was wondering why he said that. However if u have something constructive to add to the conversation and not just "witty" remarks then I would greatly appreciate it. ty

Everyone always asks this question. Well, if you read and understand the bible, you'll most likely come to know the answer. But since most people don't want to or don't want to waste their time, etc., let me try to give you the answer.

You don't have to read the bible. Just look at physics. In every aspect, there is positive, negative, and neutral. You cannot have negative without positive. The lack of either would render it neutral. Arguably, you could have less positive, but that can still be seen as more positive than neutral. So, typically, if there was no pos. or neg., everything would be neutral. The entire universe is made up of positive, negative, and neutral particles. That's why you can't have "just good" (pos), or "just evil" (neg). If you had only one, both would cease to exist, or anything neutral would be redefined as negative, since it's not as positive as more positive. (If that makes any sense) It's much easier to understand if you think in scientific terms. No bible required.

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You gave a better explanation than I did, Satyr...

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Thanks.
It ain't easy to explain, is it?

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well said, Satyr. That's a good way to put it into general terms that are easier to explain than religious morals and ethics. Thanks =)

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Satyr,

It's easy to explain to people who think alike. Not to people who would actually ask the question (with a sense of anger and frustration).

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Yeah, religious morals just tend to confuse people even more than they already were. Mostly due to the fact that religion breeds hypocrisy, and confuses bad and good. You're told that "god" is good, yet he does things that can be considered bad, even by his own rules.
Hence, you have many levels of good, of which, in comparison, the lesser good becomes bad. Not as good can equal bad, assuming there is no worse.

[Edited on 3-19-2004 by Satyr]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join