It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police slam CodePink protester to the ground

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by knows_but_doesnt

WELL, I'm not sure. People should be allowed to speak their minds, but not to do as they wish. Yes, this sounds contradictory and almost fascistic, but put it this way: It's ok to allow someone to speak of murder, but it is not ok to allow them to do it.

So very true!

As this site does, im sure! If you cannot be assertive to truth, and speak your truth to others to maybe help others see beyond the deceptive box, to motivate others to maybe think in a different way! Whats the use of these sits, for instance?
Is not this a forum to help us be educated, and maybe think differently, without forcing opinion

[edit on 27-8-2008 by DarksDeception]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Its my imagination of the man's morning... before he pushed the woman...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

That's backwards. Why exactly would he?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DarksDeception

Well that's kind of my point of the video.

It's ok to say all kind of nasty things, but physical contact is the limit. Then you're asking to be hurt.

EDIT

MOD NOTE: Pressed wrong button, sorry for double post.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Backwards? - - Whats backwards?

Why would he? - - -cuz he's a badass American.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

reply to post by DarksDeception

Well that's kind of my point of the video.

It's ok to say all kind of nasty things, but physical contact is the limit. Then you're asking to be hurt.

EDIT

MOD NOTE: Pressed wrong button, sorry for double post.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Gorman91]

Your point was clear bro!

To me mate, that point being made, was force, and they wanted to show it!
It was the message they wanted you to know!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Even if she spitted him in the face, or kicket him in the nuts...

Why slam her to the ground that hard? She could not possibly hurt that
old senile police man

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Hey, I'm all about speak your mind, and try to get through to people, and sheeple, and enjoy your rights as an American

BUT!!!!

The Code Pink people cross that line, as do many new age protestors. They go out with ONE intention, and that is to push a law enforcement officer to the point of boiling, have him explode, get ONLY that moment on tape, and go cry to any bleeding heart liberal that will listen, and show how they were in "Peaceful" gathering and they were treated SO SO badly, yada yada. Screw em.

Back in the day, when you got out of line, they brought you inside, if you know what I'm getting at.

Peaceful protest, all for it. But, be careful, because you just may get the reaction you were hoping for, and one day someone will lose their life because Johnny Law was having a bad day, and just snaps. Remember, boys in blue are HUMAN, just like you and I, and when you push too far, sometimes the buzzer goes off. Game over.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TaZCoN

Where did this take place, exactly?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt
Hey, I'm all about speak your mind, and try to get through to people, and sheeple, and enjoy your rights as an American

BUT!!!!

The Code Pink people cross that line, as do many new age protestors. They go out with ONE intention, and that is to push a law enforcement officer to the point of boiling, have him explode, get ONLY that moment on tape, and go cry to any bleeding heart liberal that will listen, and show how they were in "Peaceful" gathering and they were treated SO SO badly, yada yada. Screw em.

Back in the day, when you got out of line, they brought you inside, if you know what I'm getting at.

Peaceful protest, all for it. But, be careful, because you just may get the reaction you were hoping for, and one day someone will lose their life because Johnny Law was having a bad day, and just snaps. Remember, boys in blue are HUMAN, just like you and I, and when you push too far, sometimes the buzzer goes off. Game over.

In truth! Do you really think a peacful protest is a protest at all? A protest is passionate to your percieved rights, your freedom of speach, your right to be heard!
Words, never deserve physical pain, because of their passion!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Anyone that dares to oppose the police state that you have in the US deserves to be treated like an enemy combatant and I guess the military are only doing their job to stamp out any movement towards free speech and freedom.

Western democracy is a good idea and I look forward to when it’s actually embraced by Western governments!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Nice to see all the photographers stop and help her when she got knocked down....oh? no one noticed that?

typical

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
From what I heard the girl said: "Im not gonna do it agian" Not that it matters anyway! The force used towards an unarmed women is pathetic, because of percieved words! Just because she believed in something!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Staged by police maybe, a show of authority to scare off the other protesters, hats why the camera man was in perfect position too.?

Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eed
Staged by police maybe, a show of authority to scare off the other protesters, hats why the camera man was in perfect position too.?

Just a thought.

Yep! You got it!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

She didn't say "do it again" in a threatening tone of voice. She said "i'm not gonna do it again" and she actually sounded nervous to me.

The officers response to her was totally wrong and unjustified ! When someone says i'm not gonna do it again a police officer should not then proceed to hit that person full force with their night stick, knocking them to the ground, while screaming "back up b***h!".

Had she called him a b***h she would have been charged with assault on an officer, but why is it ok for him to call her that ?!

And it is not two different women, it's the same woman. They arrested her because they knew the officer messed up and they were trying to cover it up.

Had she assualted him in any way before he attacked her, he would not have allowed people to help her, she would've immediately been subdued and placed under arrest.

It's amazing how out of control the police force in this country has become, how we have become "the enemy", and how brainwashed some people have become that they no longer think it's wrong for a male police officer to knock a woman to the ground with his nightstick while calling her a b***h.

I just don't understand what's happened to this country

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Given Code Pink's reputation and their documented tactics, including harassing Marine recruiters, the benefit of the doubt goes to the police and frankly, that's the most heartwarming video I've seen in a long time.

[edit on 2008/8/26 by GradyPhilpott]

Last count I had Code Pink was not slamming anyone to the ground, they are generally very peaceful in their protests and yes some of them have been arrested, for not vacating when told, having a sit down in an office. Big Deal, lots of activists have been arrested.

So please show me your documented proof of Code Pink being violent or anywhere near it. Code Pink's members are women, you know daughters, mothers, grandmothers, sisters, last time I looked we are all supposed to be living in a free society, with free speech, and have the right of dissent.

BTW this has got to be one of the most unpatriotic statements, I have ever read. I've seen people burning the flag, who were more patriotic. For someone to be happy or laugh while someone's rights are trampled on, is beyond sad.

It's people who excuse this kind of thing, because they disagree with the party being attacked, so because of that, they are willing to overlook the crimes being committed aganst everyone's rights, who are going to cost all of us, our rights as American citizens.

You would have been the hit of the ball in nazi Germany.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by goose]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
"Back it up, B**ch." accompanied by a offensive shove with a baton seems grounds for assault. He really tried to inflict damage.

I thought she had grabbed at the officer's baton the first time I watched it but that wasn't the case. The guy is just an abusive woman hater hiding behind a badge.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

Obviously you have never been in a postion where you had to mantain peace. As a former officer I dont care if your black or white, male or female, young or old, if you disobey or cause a distrubance you will be treated on an equal level. Treat one person differntly and ppl will scream injustice, profiling. You people that love it when civil disobedience gets out of control and think that is you affecting your rights ...are crazy. We have a legal system in place to handle complaints and if you dont like are legal system then may I suggest Darfur.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join