It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police slam CodePink protester to the ground

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

My guess is he isn't married. If you ever loved a woman or have had a daughter/son.. you wouldn't dump that pain onto someone.

Perhaps he was threatened. When people are confronted with something they don't understand, they do one of three things, ignore it, inspect it, or destroy it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Problem with any of these youtube videos being used as a source is that they can be edited. No one knows what happened prior. Cop could have been kicked, or he is just a jerk.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Listen up cops, and any other government officials!
I promise, if I EVER see any of you pieces of *snip* do this to anyone that is not breaking the law, I will hunt you down and beat you so bad that you will be hospitalized and not able to move for weeks. Mark my words, you *snip* are getting out of control, I WILL hold you up to your oath.
Mods, if any of you have a decent human bone in you body, you will not edit my post.

With that said, I don't like Code Pink, I think they are loons, but I believe they have every right to protest and there is absolutely no reason for them to be treated like that, inmates in a prison get better treatment.

It's pretty bad when someone like me (who hates violence and does not condone the use of it at all), vows to use it agianst agressors.

-Jimmy

[edit on 26-8-2008 by jimmyjackblack]

MOD Note: Do Not Evade Automatic Censors

[edit on 8/26/2008 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I love the United States of Corruptness. This country is self distructing right before our eyes and its not even the civilians, ITS THE ARM OF THE LAW!

Big bad cop wanna try that infront of our Soldiers putting their lives on the line so you can push a women over with a stick. They would go AWAL just to come punch your mustache off your face.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

And I'll be right there with you bro. Except I'll be armed to the teeth.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Now that i think of it.....Does anyone know this lady? Is she a Cop/Op? Whats her story WE NEED TO FIND HER and get her story. I have a feeling the cop snatched because shes one of them. AMAZING!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Alferd Packer

I thought that but, it sort of backfired if she was a provacateur. They're getting massive hate over this, instead of the protesters being demonized as usual.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
It could be that he beat her because she was speaking to the media about the previous incident.
In any case , he arrested the woman because that is the only way a cop can even think to restrain and take you against your will, AFTER the incident happened whatever that was...

The reaction of the cop was completely out of proportion.

next time it will be one of US.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It's when I see actions like this I wish Bruce Lee were right there to block for that lady and then follows up by kicking the crap out of the entire squad of cops.

Now THAT would be sweet. Short of that, where he hell is Chuck Norris when you need him to defend ladies from thugs like that?

[edit on 26-8-2008 by harrytuttle]

[edit on 26-8-2008 by harrytuttle]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

She absolutely did NOT make a %$#@! threatening statement!!!!

She said "Do it F$##@! again!" If she would have added "and see what happens" then maybe. It seems more like the cop had done something earlier in the video, not her.

This is un-acceptable. And un-believable. Is this being show on the MSM networks? What is sad is a lot of people I know believe this is how protestors and activists should be treated. We are a country of ignorance and blind idiocy. It's bad enough being an idiot, but blind as well.....despicable.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
WHAT HAPPENED BEFORE THE POLICE SHOVED HER WAS CLEARLY NOT JUSTIFICATION FOR THE REACTION SHE GOT FROM DENVER POLICE!!

The story from CODEPINK:

DENVER - Before arresting a member of the women's peace group, CODEPINK, police officers here shoved the woman to the ground with a raised baton, left her on the ground in pain for several minutes, and when she began answering questions to reporters nearby, an officers pulled her roughly away by the elbows to arrest her, according to eyewitness accounts at a press conference held outside the jail.

Alicia Forrest, 24, of Los Angeles, was arrested on charges of interference near 12 p.m. today, moments before the beginning of a demonstrator's march here during the Democratic National Convention. The Rocky Mountain News has released video documenting the events here (www.rockymountainnews.com... [1]).

Forrest had allegedly witnessed the arrest of an unidentified man in the street near the Denver Civic Center Park when she and others nearby asked police why the man was being arrested. After she was pushed to the ground, according to an eyewitness account at activist group's Reacreate 68's press conference, police then arrested Forrest.

She was transported her to the warehouse processing center in Denver, according to city officials. By 2:30 p.m., she had been transferred to the Denver City Jail where bond was posted for $580 bail. She is awaiting release.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
She told the cop "f***in' do it again". He did it again. It has been a long time since cops were, protectors and public servants. They have adapted the, us against them, attitude in places other than Chicago since 68.

That proves that he is not fit to be able to uphold the law and should be removed from his duty.

And hitting a woman no matter how lippy she is, is pathetic. He needs to be put in a place where there are none of his own gangs uniforms and left to fend for himself against thugs who hate him for no reason, as he seems to hate others.

Scumbag, imo.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by TaZCoN

Code Pink is known for getting themselves arrested on purpose. That is why I was hesitant.

What if, just prior to where the tape starts she kicked the officer in the groin or spit in his eye? See my dilemma.

Propaganda comes from both sides and both sides lie. It's hard to know without seeing everything that went on.

Then she would have been apprehended as soon as she hit the floor and cuffed. Not left while the officer wandered a bit and onlookers went to her aid, then for her to be giving an interview only to be abducted.

If she did anything warranting arrest it would not have gone down like that.

Comes across to me as lawthug loses temper on protestor, goes talks to superior, superior says "Well go get her we'll make up some charge." and bam.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Most cops that I've known are very nice people, when out of uniform, some aren't. Almost all of them have at least a slight attitude change when in the uniform and on duty. Now if you take one that is a jerk out of uniform, and dress him in riot gear, and add to that aggressive specialized training, you are dealing with some one that you ought to try to get along with. Even the good cops get hurt and worse, in what the ones of questionable character, call "law enforcement. So it is going to be in a persons best interest to behave in a polite and nonthreatening manner. It ought to be obvious, by the nature of the garb, these guys are wearing that they are likely to be on the offensive. By acting without hesitation at the first sign of trouble, sets a precedent that will cause the others to think twice about interfering. If you think about it that means less heads get busted and less people get locked up. Remember they know more about your rights than you do, attorneys are expensive, and cops resort to causing severe bodily harm at the drop of a hat these days.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
well how about not showing up to the protests that they would expect you to show up to?

you gotta get them off guard. Like on monday night football.

or one of those telethons. Thats what I would do if I thought protesting would solve anything.

people need to stop saying 911 was an inside job. Thats part of the psychological warfare being used against the dissenters...911 wasn't an inside job...

Im sick of people saying the government is (insert connotative word here)

We need an simultaneously organized and disorganized movement to educate the people on what the truth of the matters really are.

Non violent protests don't work, and neither do violent ones. Knowledge and non violent action is possible without clenching a fist.

I believe that despite the trolls, and despite the biased, and despite the chicken littles, ATS is doing a great job of furthering the consciousness of people across the world.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
CODEPINKers are IDIOTS

they dont know anything about the world and have no CLUE what peace is.

just go ahead and try to talk to one of them about any topic

they dont know ANYTHING besides FEEL-GOOD words and phrases

good job cops.
keep it up.

idiots take advantage of the world we have created and say things need to change.
fools

DELUSIONAL fools

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
While there's too little of the video to figure out the circumstances before & after the actual "event," I think it may be thought-provoking to actually establish what a Police Officers actual Oath of Office is:

U.S. Federal and Military Oath of Office
-------------------------

Viking Phoenix Web Page: U.S. Federal and Military Oath of Office
Oath of Office - "...support and defend the Constitution..."
§ 3331. Oath of office

An individual, except the President, elected or appointed to an office of honor or profit in the civil service or uniformed services, shall take the following oath:

" I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.''
-------------------
By Ralph Kermit Winterrowd, 2nd.

I filed a Case, No. 3AN-98-11676 CI in a Common-Law Court venue and jurisdiction in the city of Anchorage, Alaska in December of 1998 for the right of true ownership of my pickup, which has no tags and is not registered or titled in the State of Alaska. I'm suing the Anchorage Policemen individually, the Municipality of Anchorage, the Police Chief and others for unlawfully removing my private property from private property to have it impounded.

Since this case started, I sued the Superior Court Judge Reese assigned to this case in his individual capacity and he requested to be removed from the case. Superior Court Judge Shortell has been appointed to the case and I'm waiting for him to Trespass on the case. All of the defendants have defaulted as of February 23, 1999.

Ongoing research since this case was started has revealed that THERE ARE NO PUBLIC OFFICERS in Alaska. We have a corporate state of EMPLOYEES. There is very distinct difference between a Public Officer and an Employee. "A 'public officer' as distinguished from an 'employee' must be vested by law with a portion of the sovereignty of state [of the people!] and authorized to exercise functions either of an executive, legislative, or judicial character." Jaeger Mfg. Co. v. Maryland casualty Co., 300 N.W. 680, 684, 231 Iowa 151.

More at the link, but the point is clear...Federal Officers & Military Personnel must take an Oath of Office to defend the Constitution. The Constitution itself goes even further, requiring all Officers of all three Branches on both State & Federal levels to take the Oath of Office pursuant to the Constitution. It would be best to also check your local Municipal Codes to see if that extends all the way down to the City level too.

So, if indeed, these "Police Officers" have violated an Oath of Office, they can be removed from Office (as in "Impeached!"), indicted for trial & also be automatically disqualified from holding any other office of honor, trust or profit for the rest of their lives...As it says in the Constitution (Article 1, Section 3, Clause 7 & Article 2, Section 4)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

while its true that she seems to threaten the police officer in the video, and that we do not know what happened before, the officers reaction was uncalled for.

Her name was Alicia Forrest. She witnessed the arrest of someone in the street near the Denver Civic Center Park and when she and others nearby asked police why the man was being arrested she was shoved to the ground. After she got up and was explaining herself to nearby reporters she was then grabbed by the Denver police and arrested. The actions of the Denver police seemed unjustified and extreme IMHO.

The story from CODEPINK:

DENVER - Before arresting a member of the women's peace group, CODEPINK, police officers here shoved the woman to the ground with a raised baton, left her on the ground in pain for several minutes, and when she began answering questions to reporters nearby, an officers pulled her roughly away by the elbows to arrest her, according to eyewitness accounts at a press conference held outside the jail.

Alicia Forrest, 24, of Los Angeles, was arrested on charges of interference near 12 p.m. today, moments before the beginning of a demonstrator's march here during the Democratic National Convention. The Rocky Mountain News has released video documenting the events here (www.rockymountainnews.com... [1]).

Forrest had allegedly witnessed the arrest of an unidentified man in the street near the Denver Civic Center Park when she and others nearby asked police why the man was being arrested. After she was pushed to the ground, according to an eyewitness account at activist group's Reacreate 68's press conference, police then arrested Forrest.

She was transported her to the warehouse processing center in Denver, according to city officials. By 2:30 p.m., she had been transferred to the Denver City Jail where bond was posted for $580 bail. She is awaiting release."

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
For what it's worth, people shouldn't make snap judgements based on what they see in a short clip that doesn't cover the entire event. There ARE dumbass cops who think they are tough because they have a gun, tazer, baton, whatever. There are also good cops. Not all cops are inherently "evil" as some make them out to be.

When I served in the Army, both in Korea and on the Presidio, I was on riot control. The stuff we had to learn and go through was kinda nuts. Many of those groups sole purpose is to upset you so badly, that you retaliate. They WANT you to slam them down, hit them, arrest them. I had people spitting in my face, yelling and screaming the worst obsenities. I had a black guy who was a good friend who always stood to my right in the line, and civilians would make every racist comment they could think of to try to upset him to the point of attacking them (he never did, nor did I). You have to learn where you can't hit them (which ironically is almost everywhere, there are very few spots you are "allowed" to strike them, and only if you must), how to remain nuetral and keep a straight face, and not even say a word in response.

We had Dykes on Bikes hurl water balloons filled with urine and blood at us. I had people threaten me. And these were animal rights activists for cripes sake. They were the "calm" ones.

So while I don't doubt there are many cops that could use a new job, as they are not fit to do their duties because of their elitist complex, there are a whole lot that are very good guys and gals, just trying to do their jobs. Don't assume cops are "bad" because they are cops. The amount of utter crap they have to put up with is staggering.

Just trying to play devil's advocate a bit.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by fleabit]

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Shoot to kill.

There was a story here in NoCal yesterday where police fired 20 shots into the windshield of a stopped vehicle and killed a young man with no criminal record:

Dead men tell no tales

Apparently he evaded the cops, and wrecked his truck into a ditch and fence. He tried to get the truck out, and he was killed in a hail of bullets.

I've linked the witness testimony, but the crazy thing was that on the news, you could clearly see that the truck was jammed up against a fence and could in no way to be considered a danger to an armed group of officers.

There was a CHP spokesman who verbally outlined exactly what happened, with the bullet-riddled windshield in the background, in a completely justified manner and tone.

Now, eyes can be deceiving, and I wasn't there, but looking at this report I could only think to myself "why not just shoot the tires? The frickin' truck isn't goin' nowhere, and there are the tires directly open to the line of fire?"

The bottom line is that we live in a world of angry cops. For whatever reason, the general population is to always be considered a threat until proven otherwise or incapacitated. Just stop and talk to one sometime. You feel it in thier tones and body language.

It's a shoot first and ask questions later kind of world nowadays. Heaven forbid that the crosshairs of justice even think of glancing in my direction, because I'll be adopting the same policy as these government goons.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join