It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police slam CodePink protester to the ground

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
I wonder how many of us here would push a person away from us forcefully when that person has been standing 2 feet from your face screaming into a pink megaphone after you have asked them to move back several times?

Sorry, I have known many officers who have been in that situation before. My uncle would explain to me "...you have to understand that it IS THEIR RIGHT to protest. As long as they don't use violence it is our job to ALLOW THEM THEIR RIGHTS!"

For you to take this stance tells me that this country, and the many others who seem to feel the same as you, is well on its way to a dictatorship/police state.

I just hope you don't have to watch your family get taken off to a camp somewhere to be 'treated' or 'silenced'.

Good luck to your point of view about how life in this country should be and how protestors should be treated. Obviously you think that the constitution is 'just a piece of paper' because you don't give a crap about her right to sit there with a blow horn and protest. That's what ear plugs are for as my uncle would say.

Joke.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I hate the police, and i hate how they think they have power over the law when they are the law themselves. I have witnessed a few incidents like this, and heard a few tales. This has to stop before it gets too out of hand.

If they think they can do as they please they have another thing coming!

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I was at work yesterday so I couldn't watch the video. I read most of the posts and it sounded like the cop smashed the girls face in.
I watched the video today and I have to say that I don't know what the big deal is. They asked the people to move back, she didn't and said do it again, and the cop pushed her in the chest with the baton. She fell and laid there.
I guess IMO the cop was probably frustrated, but they gave her a warning to move back and she chose not to. They didn't beat her so what's the fuss about?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr

To bad none of the protestors had guns. It looked to me that that one at least had the right to defend herself against an illegal action by a corrupt agent of the government. More people need to stand up and return the violence that is inflicted on them by these type of police actions. Peaceful protest is a joke. Violence is the only thing they understand.

Please back up your words, I would like to see you go to a rally or "protest", instigate a confrontation with a police officer, make him hit you (should be easy, because we all know all it takes is just you being there right?) and then pull out your gun and shoot him.

That's fair right? You are within your rights to do this right?

So please, internet tough guy, please, PLEASE follow through. You'll get your day in court, your voice will be heard.

You won't though, your full of hot air.

Code Pink uses decepetive and disgusting tactics to get a confrontation out of "authority" figure and they always wait until the cameras are rolling.

When the camera is not on them, they taunt, throw things, disrupt, spit, urinate and threaten bodily harm to "authority" figures. They stop traffic, impeed bystanders, interrupt legitimate businesses and destroy public property.

Once the camera is on them, they are ever so peaceful.
Don't take my word for it, go to their next "rally". See for yourself.

I have seen it first hand so you can be indignant all you want, I think code pink can suck balls and anytime I see one of those turds get knocked to the ground I stand and applaud cause I know for a FACT it was with cause.

You can argue that the police should stand there and take it, but they are just people like you and me. Code Pink are scum.

I AGREE with their stand, just not how they make it.
YOU are the sympathetic sucker they are looking for.

For the record, I do not defend police abuse of any kind.. except in this case.

Originally posted by spookjrPeaceful protest is always met with violence by police agencies.

Really? so the other 15000 protests about this or that in the USA every other day area always met with violence? Go to a protest sometime and see for yourself the thruth. But that would be too hard for you wouldn't it...much easier to whine about clips and snippets on the net.

I'd be willing to bet the majority of people on this topic have never ever been to a protest or rally of any kind, because if you had you'd know that police confrontations are RARE and usually caused by instigators.

F'in sheeple.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
At WTO I had a cop run a half block just to pepper spray me in the face from about 20 feet away.....just for going off the porch of the house I lived at.
There is no justification for their behavior.....

Just more of the same idiots saying "he was provoked"....

I hope one of you blind supporters of these guys gets the crap stomped out of you for nothing. Then there is a possibility you just may see how really crooked these guys are.

Pigs.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I don't know any of the above people. But I did know some people, years ago, that believed so strongly about their cause that they did exactly as the the first person here mentioned. I was at their funerals. The familys that were left behind were saddened beyond what you could possibly imagine. When asked if it was worth it, most said no, but a few said yes and still say so today.

Those times, many say were different, and to an extent they were but only the actual causes are different, the systematic means of oppression have returned and are very much the same as back then. Back then the issue was mearly about which entrance to a building certain people had to use, which parking spaces, which seat on a bus, which water fountain. The methods to keep them silent are currently on display in Denver.

As far as the later claim about personally attending protests and demonstrations, I’ve been there, seen it, done it, got the t-shirt and the post cards. I can speak from experience as well as observations.

Sometimes the cops keep everything "cool", other times, the cops appear to escalate the problem by bullying the crowds, provoking them with unrealistic and unwarranted behaviors until everyone gets worked up into a frenzy and violence brakes out. Then the cops, well protected and armed, take the opportunity to fight, and maim. The results seem to follow a pattern, people are killed or seriously maimed, and a cop gets hurt, gets treated and is released back to work.

But I have never seen an occasion where the cops provoked a crowd that was too big to handle. It only happens when there is an abundant supply of police force which makes me believe that they do have some self control when they need to or want to. They do understand crowd control and rarely do the demonstrators control the crowd, very, very rarely.

It really depends on the management of the police department or agency. Proper management of a police department results in few to no eruptions of violence. A lack of management or control over the department generally results in a negative outcome whereas people get hurt.

What behaviors we see from the cops in the field, on the lines, is what is acceptable by their supervisors, their managers, their trainers.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

Believe me Gormly, I used to feel the same way. Then I met some 'bad' cops. Many of these 'bad cops' are ex-military. I know for a fact the kind of 'training' one receives in the military. Yes, it can be good but they also increase your rage. They make you a 'killing machine'. Plain and simple.

So I want to defend these kind of actions but alas, as my uncle had said, it's their right to protest. Now, if they urinate in public, they can get ticketed or jailed. If they spit on a cop that is considered assault because no one knows what that person has in their bloodstream. However, if that was the case this woman would have been cuffed after being knocked down. Not after she started interviewing. You see, there are just too many other issues at hand here.

And then you witness the 'behind the scenes' bravado put on by the police officers after the protest that involved 'the lady in red'. Where she was shot with rubber bullets when she had her back to them. Then shot in the forehead as she hid behind her sign. Then they chuckled and bragged about it.

Yeah, of course the sheriff comes out and will say later on that 'I should have done something about it then. It was wrong.'

Ask yourself this. If that video hadn't surfaced do you think he would have apologized? If the answer is no then he believed it was right what they were doing. Period. And you KNOW that the answer will be no.

They are being trained to make protestors FEAR going to these protests. Slowly but surely you will see more and more of these type of video's coming out. However, in the future there WON'T be any of the spitting, kicking, screaming, and such going on that you say. It will simply be because they are protesting. It will be accepted because of views like yours.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
I wonder how many of us here would push a person away from us forcefully when that person has been standing 2 feet from your face screaming into a pink megaphone after you have asked them to move back several times?

Good point except it doesn't prove that he was justified. If you or I got angry at someone screaming in our face and we push them to the ground like this officer did, you can guarantee we would be charged with assault. Just because it is a predictable reaction, doesn't mean it's justified.

Officers are not above the law. They are on the same level we all are. If we cannot cause this kind of physical harm on someone, they can't either.

The ONLY way this would have been justified is if she was physically attacking him. She clearly wasn't.

Someone posted a news article that stated she was later charged with interfering in an arrest. This must have happened before what we saw. but we can all clearly see that the officer stands there while she's yelling at him, then shoves her down and doesn't arrest her. If she was guilty of interfering in an arrest he should have arrested her on the spot but we can all clearly see that he didn't. It's not until she is speaking into the camera that she is violently yanked away and then arrested much later.

I would like to add that I am a bit embarrassed at a previous post in this thread. I got very emotional towards some of the people commenting in favor of the officer. I really should have kept my cool.

But I would like to further explain that I understand that we all have different perspectives of what happened. It's not so much the people that see the officers actions as justified that angered me, it's the people that took great pleasure in seeing another fellow human being being treated like that.

Some of us also saw the video another poster gave in which a lone women, doing nothing but walking in the street holding a sign was hit, not once, but twice with a rubber bullet.

Can anyone tell me what she did to deserve that? Did she lunge at them? Was she brandishing a weapon? The number of officers that were against her was excessive in itself. Then! what really gets me is that there is footage of them all BRAGGING about it! These are the men and women who are sworn to protect us and just like some of the other posters, got off on causing harm against another human being. This is what sickens me.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Gee, the Law enforcement Officer must have felt really threatened to have assulted this woman. She may have touched him and that is assult on a police officer. In this guys case (PIG, sorry or would you prefer nazi)
He had to take her down! and then they came and got her... With luck she can sue the begebers out of the dept and city and maybe get this thug canned! Welcome to the Police State.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Well I haven't read all post yet, but the fact remains that NO man or government agent can use such FORCE on such a small woman.

This type of video reminds me of police force on a 14 year old kid

www.youtube.com...

^^A must see clip...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Reminds me of the "V for Vendetta" movie...

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

You can't blame the cops for being a bit testy these days. Look at what they have to deal with. Every screams about their rights when they are "protesting", spitting, disrupting public rights of way. Did any of these Code Pink whackos bother to get a permit to protest? I doubt it. They just tend to show up and get in the cops faces.
Stop blaming the cops for everything that is wrong with America.
Look at yourself first.
I'm sick and tired of everybody blaming everybody but themselves for anything and everything.
I feel like going to these protests and slapping these protesters silly.
They are obviously brain damaged anyway.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Both Code Pink AND bad cops suck. If I had a pink jail cell they'd all be in it starving right now.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by apk4o7mxb
Well I haven't read all post yet, but the fact remains that NO man or government agent can use such FORCE on such a small woman.

www.youtube.com...

^^A must see clip...

I stated this t another poster several pages back,b ut i will restate it cause i hate to say it,part of your post is quite ignorant.

You state that NO man can use such force on such a small woman. Basically you are saying men should never hit a woman. My sister is 5 feet tall, and weighs maybe 100 pounds. her ex husband is 5 foot 10 and weighs 260. he is an ex boxer. she could beat him to a pulp, and did on several occasions. Self defence is the one time that, yes, contrary to your statement, a man can hit a woman. I don't want to sound mean, or hatefull towards women, but, if you come at me like a man, expect to get treated like one.

Again, this has nothing to do with what happened to the protester, merely poking holes in your theory.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Finn1916

Originally posted by apk4o7mxb

www.youtube.com...

^^A must see clip...

I stated this t another poster several pages back,b ut i will restate it cause i hate to say it,part of your post is quite ignorant.

You state that NO man can use such force on such a small woman. Basically you are saying men should never hit a woman. My sister is 5 feet tall, and weighs maybe 100 pounds. her ex husband is 5 foot 10 and weighs 260. he is an ex boxer. she could beat him to a pulp, and did on several occasions. Self defence is the one time that, yes, contrary to your statement, a man can hit a woman. I don't want to sound mean, or hatefull towards women, but, if you come at me like a man, expect to get treated like one.

Again, this has nothing to do with what happened to the protester, merely poking holes in your theory.

What you are saying it's true, but there is exceptions to every rule in life. My statement is wrong in a way but I was just referring to the clip I saw earlier since it was sort of police brutality towards the woman and she was not hurting the police in any way.

But I do agree if they come as a "man" meaning carrying any type of weapon that could potentially hurt me or a family member I will not treat them like a man or woman...I'll treat them unemotionally with a one way ticket to...better not say anything more lol
This site is monitored.

Btw...does your sister know Jujitsu?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I know it must look as if I do not like, appreciate or otherwise respect police officers, as this entire Denver thing has me on the offensive.

For the record, I have the greatest respect and admiration for the good hard working honest police officers of our country, and I have had the pleasure of knowing many fine officers over the years. Some I stay in touch with to this day. These people have earned my respect and I proudly call them “friend”.

It is that I have also met, interviewed, overheard and spoken with some of the most vile, corrupt, contemptuous, loathsome villainy to ever infest our legal system. It is these people I do not welcome and I have found them, and those like them, in various police departments and in various positions. They seem to gravitate to positions of power and enforcement and they are well aware of the need to appear honest and respectful. It is very difficult to distinguish the good from the bad until you can observe them in certain situations and witness specific behaviors or hear them in certain conversations.

The cops in Denver appear to me to be the latter of the above.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by apk4o7mxb

No martial arts on my sisters part, she is just extremely tough. All the women in our family are. Growing up in a bad neighborhood does that to you. Let's just say I would rather fight her ex husband, in his prime, than her.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
For those of you who think that police brutality in the US is up, you are wrong. It is the use of cameras that is up. They have been beating us down for my whole life. We have better cops now, not ones like the sociopath on the video. But, as my back pain reminds me, sadists are attracted to cop jobs.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eaganthorn

I do understand and thank you.

Talk about what officers say in candor. Most would cringe if they understood what they really feel about you. They BS with me all the time when we are all on a scene because they really think the Fire Dept. is part of there mindthink. Most of us are not.

If only the cops understood how the F.D. thinks about them they would cringe. Please don't stop not writing me tickets when I am speeding in my personal vehicle though because I said that!

Just kidding...sort of.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join