It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Commander-In-Chief Gap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
If this isn't bad news for Obama I don't know what is.

Then there’s the commander-in-chief gap. Some 75 percent of Americans believe that John McCain is ready for the job, while just 50 percent feel the same about Obama. Worse, an astonishing 42 percent say they believe Obama is not qualified to be commander in chief, an extremely high number.

But Biden should help out right?

Biden could be Obama’s Dick Cheney, telling nervous Obama supporters that the painfully junior senator from Illinois will have adult supervision on national security matters.
Or it could have the opposite effect, reminding voters that they’re about to send someone to the White House who needs a chaperone.

Something’s up, because after the Biden pick was announced, Obama’s six-point lead in the CNN poll disappeared overnight.

news.bostonherald.com...

methinks it is all over for the little black man...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
wow...
sure is quiet around here...surprised the Obamatrons haven't attacked yet?
I guess the facts kinda hurt.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The Lord Obama World Tour was the beginning of the end for Obama. Then came the Obama bin Biden ticket, to absolutely finish the deal.

This is not suppose to happen. You are suppose to get a bump when you announce your VP, and get an even bigger bump when your convention starts. The exact opposite is happening!

The rose-colored glasses are finally off...people are starting to learn more about Lord Obama...and they are not liking what they see!

Lord Obama will lose... and yes, there will be riots.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Nah. Most people here realize that this argument is stupid and not worth talking about. How about GWB and Cheney? Were they qualified? Everyone seemed to think so. Yet where did their 'experience' get us?

This argument that the 'Command-In-Chief' somehow has to be able to make military decisions is like expecting the CEO of GM to be able to make engineering decisions. That's what advisors are for. Any decent manager is going to defer to people expert in the field. And again, our current administration's expertise has been as big of a cluster-f as anyone could possibly have imagined. I'm not an Obama supporter but I'm confident that a deaf-dumb-blind monkey could have done as well as the status quo.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
That is some interesting information.

I can see where people might feel that Biden could be another Dick.
Dick Cheny that is.
I just can't see Biden being satisfied doing nothing. He is used to trying to get his way. He is the one with the experience.

While I don't rely too much on polls, I don't see this poll changing much. Basically you have the experience or you don't.

I also think people realize that Biden is not change. Hillary probably would have won him the election. He might live to regret his decision.

Have to wait and see.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
look at this one... the Dems are in serious trouble in the upcoming elections.

why don't we hear about this on the news? isn't this some kind of all time worst records in history?

www.realclearpolitics.com...

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Fathom]

top topics

join