It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time travel is real!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
you guys are never going to believe this but when I was 20 years old I got to do a tour of vandenberg Airforce base. it was a tour based of my time at caltech. We seen alot of stuff in in the hangers. One of the flight officers who worked in JSpOC
JOINT SPACE OPERATIONS CENTER was giving us a dictation on the curent launch capabilities of the rockets He was a 2nd leiutenant and appeared to be about 29 years old. Fast forward 35 years to yesterday. I saw the exact same guy in washington DC where i am a liason for the EPA. we do mainly regulatory hearing involving coal fields and refineries. I was at the washington mall near the smithsonian on lunch break when I saw somebody I had seen before. I called out his name( do not want to reveal this becuase it could get somebody hurt) not sure if this is the same guy i saw over 30 years ago. he hadn't aged a day! He turned his head responded and asked he if he has ever worked at vandenberg. I couldn't believe my head what i was hearing. This kid told me that the airforce was experimenting on fission powered xray lasers and niobium superconductors. thier goal was to create a pocket of spacetime like you would create a soap bubble from another soap bubble. the goal was to open a wormhole for spying purposes. you would open a wormhole when the superconductor reached the critical phase. he wen on and on how they literally made holograms of the internal structure using the xrays and shone the backscatter as the niobium went critical conductor. it is only niobium metal that can affect the passage of time.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
fission powered xray lasers and niobium superconductors
Is niobium any similar to noobomium?
Come on man fission powered xray lasers?
This sounds like its out of star treck.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
29 years old? 29?

Why 29?

I would have rounded up to 30, huh?

OT

= = =

are you serious? a little more details please!

[edit on 26-8-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Omegadelta

That's pretty good that you remember a butter bar's name, after only having met him once--35 years ago.

Even more impressive is that you randomly encounter him in DC, call out his name, and not only get confirmation that this is the same fellow, but also get a fantastic run down of how, exactly, time travel works. I'm sure it's SOP (standard operating procedure) for military officers to discuss such highly sensitive material with random blokes who they stumble upon.

Just out of curiosity, was this guy still a butter bar?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
So you remember a guy you met from 35 years ago (who had not aged) and ran into him again. He then proceded to tell you about military research??

Don't get me wrong, I believe in time travel..this just seems fishy.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Aside from what others have mentioned as far as wether this story is real or not, the theory does sound interesting.
I can quite image that as the result of some experiment be it governmental or private, that there could indeed be some people living now who do not appear to have aged a day for 30 odd years.

It would not be too big a jump to imagine that some such experiment intended for spying purposes could of gone awry causing some unforseen effects such as pocket time, time bubbles or indeed isolated space time distorions that could have enveloped a person or persons within a given area making them a sort of "non-event" in space-time and therefore not subject to the changes occuring through age etc.
To simplify, a person or persons trapped within such a distortiojn or field would become separted from the time stream and to them maybe a few seconds would have passed while years had passed for those outside the distortion or field.

This is just a theoretical extrapolation on what the op suggested.

As far as the fusion x-ray lasers, well that is not an area i am familiar with so if anyone with expertise in the area can shed some light on the validity of such a device please post.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I must point out that although our OP has logged in as late as today, he has yet to respond to his own post.

Call me a skeptic, but someone who starts an OP with "you won't believe this but" and then fails to follow up on said OP, should immediately be flagged.

top topics

join