It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus is real to me...am I delusional?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
ATS-ers, What’s up? Hope you are having a great day!

You know…

The LORD Jesus Christ is my best friend…

I’ve talked with him every day……..for over 35 yrs......am I delusional?

I believe…

Ever smile, every laugh, every victory…comes from above. (from Him)

You know that feeling of relaxation you get just before going to sleep after a great day? A day full of successes…a day that the world, at least around you, recognized your ability?

That comes from above…

Or that joy you feel with your kids running and laughing in the yard, playing in the sprinkler? Or that business deal that just came through? Or that beautiful purple and orange sunset last night?

Or the hype felt after scoring the winning goal or touchdown? Or that majestic mountain range you looked over in the past?

That comes from above…

About 2000 years ago, a colleague of Jesus named James said,

“Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.”

You, too. can know HIM…

Thoughts?

OT

[edit on 27-8-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I don't think you're delusional i just think you mean introspective reflective conversations within yourself.

I don't believe in jesus, but i do introspective conversations and i believe for sure there are powers way above me, maintaining existance. Or i don't believe i know, because i'm reminded everytime i look into the sun and knowing i'm just an exstension of this immense explosion taking place all the time.

As far as i see it, the sun is my main source. What mysteries lie beneath it's existence is beyond me.

Good day to you too.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JustAThought

JustAThought,

Thank you for the thoughts

HE is very very real to me...

Healed my son, from a serious kidney desease...

Gave me a beautiful bride for 24 yrs...

Gave me 3 great girls...

I can feel today, the feeling I felt when He saved me...saved, that's a religious word I know...sorry.

He is my best friend....He speaks to me through the Bible and within from His Spirit...

Thanks so much for replying my brother!

OT

[edit on 26-8-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

Starred and flagged OldThinker. Thank you for sharing your inner thoughts.

It seems we have a mutual friend in Jesus.

DeColores

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
OK, thanks for that...HE is a "friend the sticks closer than a brother."

I came to know Him...primarily through LOGIC, detailed in the following thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But, not now....I know Him....now...because of a relationship...my best friend!

OT

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I dont think you are delusional at all.

I dont think that the name "Jesus" is the important part, in my belief. I personally feel it is "the Divine" or "God" or the "Holy spirit," or "Truth" or "Oneness" by whatever name one happens to call it by custom or belief. I think the important part is having the relationship or dialog with this "higher, Divine" that is important. Following it, trusting in it.

In my opinion, Jesus was an embodiment of this Divine. I just dont shut the door that there have been others. Nor do I think that the name "Jesus" has any power to save, I think that personal relationship with the Divine that Jesus carried is the most important part. That fact that the name "Jesus" has particular meaning and comfort to you is absolutely fine to me. He was filled with Divinity, and so it is perfectly understandable to me why you would choose that.

So, I do not think you delusional. I am glad you have found your way to this personal relationship. I think a personal relationship is the only one worth having. If someone else is telling you what you should do or think, and not the Divine itself, I think there is a problem. I too have one, though I do not identify with it as "Jesus" but as "the Divine" or "God."

I choose not to call myself a Christian, though I read and study the Bible more than many Christians do. This is not because I disagree with Jesus, but because I disagree with many of the common interpretations of what he said.
I choose not to so that I do not misrepresent myself. For instance I do not think he was alone the one to show the way. He did show the way. He was the path, the light, etc. And he was alone in Israel in that time. However I think ALL people are God's chosen people, and I think a few voices have been sent to the world with the same message. I do not join the "we have the only true message" bandwagon. I think it is a true message, if one takes what Jesus himself said, and not what other people elaborated on after him. But I think that same core message of Jesus fills a few of the worlds spiritual traditions, if one knows or is guided in how to look.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
No... you're not delusional, just aware. Most of the world is already asleep or believing the lie. You're not one of them. You are not of this world. If you accepted Christ's offering of forgiveness he did for you on the cross, by asking, God the Father has renewed your soul and spirit and has forgiven you of every sin past, present, and future. So where you were once from this dying world, now you belong to another world. A better world. Keep talking to Jesus, it's the best thing you'll ever do...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I admire you for admitting your faith on a board full of people who are known to occasionally 'disagree' with Christians.

God Bless

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wisefoolishness

I appreciate that so much...

Disagreement...with God, never threatens HIM, nor me...debating is fun, to me atleast...

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of...

POWER

LOVE

and a SOUND MIND!

If only more would give HIM a chance?

Check out HIS first miracle, no sourpuss here... See John 2:1-11 responsibly please

[edit on 26-8-2008 by OldThinker]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Disagreement...with God, never threatens HIM, nor me...debating is fun, to me atleast...

A star and a flag from a Pagan himself. This is what I enjoy. I may not follow him. That is true but how does that harm your faith? It doesn't. Thing is, I also never said I didn't believe in him.

I too am proud of you admitting what you do and what you believe. Despite what is happening in the other thread you will see argue vehemently that you are not at all delusional.

Way to be OT

-Kyo

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I contracted Acute Delusionism Syndrome about a decade ago as well!!!

Praise Jesus! My best friend died for me, he also knew me before the foundation of the world. Without my best friend I am nothing.

Me --->
to Jesus Christ forever.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

NOTurTypical,

We live in very severe times...for sure!

Thanks for your post and friendship here on ATS...

Prayin' for you...

Hey, as an aside, have you heard, "It's Friday, but Sunday's Coming!" If not here's the link...www.tonycampolo.org...

THE GREATEST SPEECH I HAVE EVER HEARD!

ATS-ER'S, PLEASE LISTEN AND LET OT KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, OK?

GOD BLESS THE USA!

OT

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

wow great post OT. What a small world, I know Jesus as well. I met him while I was at this conference when I was like 14. Hes a pretty cool guy IMO... same with his dad.
We arnt best mates just yet, but we are working on it. Its cool to know he is there and will listen to you always - thats one of the things I love about him

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Funky Monk...appreciate the post!

I, too, am getting to know Him more and more...

Here's something to blow your mind...

There is nothing 'I' can DO, to make Him love me more than He already does...AND....

There is is nothing 'I' can DO, to make Him love me less than He already does....

No struggle on the first, and no stress on the second

OT out!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Thanks for the awesome words OT, its great to know theres someone else full of the spirit here.
Its so hard to get my mind around the fact that he loves us no matter what, but its true and we just have to do our best to love him back.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Nothing wrong with personal belief in a higher power.

Faith is a matter that is only important to ones own self. Me I would rather obey the first commandment. Thanks

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Nice point!

You mean the Old Testament? Or something else?

Exodus 20:3 in the TEV says, "Worship no god but me.” as the first commandment….I like that translation…www.carm.org...

But you know there’s another first commandment, too…’first’ meaning…most important, greatest, etc.

Someone once asked Jesus which command was the most important. He answered, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind" (Matthew 22:36-38).

…with all your heart…(your emotions, feelings, your center)

…with all your soul…(the you that lives for eternity)

…with all your mind…(your brain, thoughts and perceptions)

Another one: www.frame-poythress.org...

OT out!

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Accepting a fact is never a delusion, My friend.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Accepting a fact is never a delusion, My friend.

But, we are constantly reminded by those who claim they are enlightened that we are 'delusional'.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

And don't forget the, 'It's all just blind faith!' accusation.

That's always my favorite.

Edit: Oh, and 'sheeple.' hehe

[edit on 8/27/2008 by AshleyD]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join