It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's the Ad Obama is suing to keep you from watching

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael75
all these "facts" brought to you by the same people the convinced you that a draft dodging cheerleader with a fear of horses was the brave cowboy and the vietnam vet was a nerdy wimpy liar. you can watch these ads and simply buy it and just vote for mccain like you are going to anyway. or you can get actually do some research and find the real facts for yourself. but limbaugh or hannity probably havent ordered you to do that.

Since you seem to indicate in your post that you have done the research, you would be contributing worlds more to this thread by posting it. Why you would feel the need to write an entire paragraph full of buzzwords such as "draft dodging cheerleader", "limbaugh" and "Hannity" that contributes absolutely NOTHING to the thread is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well, not being american, I'm not sure if it's my place to tell americans what to do. My post was just an unenvolved statement, my two cents if you will.
But yeah, I think your election is pretty much rigged. Make your own road up, don't wait for politicians or society to do it for you. Or more importantly, don't let them define what your "up" is...
They are puppets. Making rash statements about their friends and allegiences is irrelevent. They all get fed off the same table...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azrael75

all these "facts" brought to you by the same people the convinced you that a draft dodging cheerleader with a fear of horses was the brave cowboy and the vietnam vet was a nerdy wimpy liar. you can watch these ads and simply buy it and just vote for mccain like you are going to anyway. or you can get actually do some research and find the real facts for yourself. but limbaugh or hannity probably havent ordered you to do that.

So what is the real truth?

1. was he lying when he said Ayers was "mainstream"?
2. did he not launch his campaign at Ayers' house?
3. did he not say that he considered Ayers his friend?

c'mon, fill us in where the lie is?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alora

Originally posted by jetxnet
Obama should let this one slide-on-by. Afterall, he has nothing to worry about, right?

Sadly there are enough people out there who will believe anything they are told, so he actually does have something to worry about from those people.

Exactly! That's exactly what we see happening with Obama supporters! They believe what they are being told, by a guy with no real accomplishments or leverage in the political system.

Theres 2 MAIN reasons why people are voting for Obama:

#1 He is a smooth talker and in a sense a Rico Suave.

#2 He is not a republican.

Ask the typical Obama supporter why they support him and they can give you no reason. Ask ANY McCain supporter and at least you get an answer with details if prompted.

[edit on 8/26/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Me thinks you get your numbers mixed up. 2 is before 1...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Exactly! That's exactly what we see happening with Obama supporters! They believe what they are being told, by a guy with no real accomplishments or leverage in the political system.

Theres 2 MAIN reasons why people are voting for Obama:

#1 He is a smooth talker and in a sense a Rico Suave.

#2 He is not a republican.

Ask the typical Obama supporter why they support him and they can give you no reason. Ask ANY McCain supporter and at least you get an answer with details if prompted.

That's true.

Obama's whole campaign has been built on hype and emotion. It's like when two football teams face each other. One is often over-hyped while the other one has the experience and the tools to get the job done.

Obama is worse off yet, because none of his 'hype' has even been earned.

Once McCain took off the kid-gloves, Obama is getting peppered with some reality.

Obama simply couldn't handle McCain on his own, so he brought Biden into the lineup to help take an offensive against McCain.

Biden's already discredited though, because he stated that "The Presidency does not lend itself on-the-job training" and that Obama was "too inexperienced to be POTUS".

Not too mention, Biden ran for POTUS this year, along with Obama and didn't make it far.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Well, I found the quote I was looking for earlier. The commercial takes the quotes directly from Obama's webpage.

I also see several articles from various newspapers referencing Obama's visit to Ayers' home while he was running for state senate...

Continuing...

After a thorough examination, the only thing I see in this ad that might not be true is the word "friends" at the end. I don't know that there's evidence that these two see eachother regularly. The rest of the commercial seems factual though.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by BlueTriangle]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The connection has nothing to do with terrorism, its a connection with school reform.

The CAC would come under scrutiny during the 2008 Democratic Primary presidential primaries, when, during a debate with Hillary Clinton in Philadelphia, Barack Obama was asked by George Stephanopolous to explain his relation with William Ayers, with whom he served on the board of CAC from 1995-2002 and traded board chairmanship. Obama described Ayers thusly:

This is a guy who lives in my neighborhood, who's a professor of English in Chicago who I know and who I have not received some official endorsement from. He's not somebody who I exchange ideas from on a regular basis."[6]

The Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC) (also referred to as the Annenberg Challenge to Chicago) was a public-private partnership founded in 1995 that existed from intended to improve school performance by what it called "on the ground" investments in the form of professional development and technical assistance. Sponsored by the Annenberg Foundation, the CAC received a charter grant of $49.2 million in 1995.[1] The CAC's operations were closed in 2001, and subsumed into those of the Annenberg Institute for Social Reform.

The GOP knows it does not have much left, so they attempt to slander a position of accomplishment in a community where Obama served by trying to make a connection with the man he served on the board with.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

After a thorough examination, the only thing I see in this ad that might not be true is the word "friends" at the end. I don't know that there's evidence that these two see eachother regularly. The rest of the commercial seems factual though.

They saw each other alot, worked side by side much of the time.

The kicker is that Barack Obama served on a board and accepted fund raising money from Ayers.

From Hillary herself:

Hillary Clinton's response: "Senator Obama served on a board with Mr. Ayers for a period of time, the Woods Foundation, which was a paid directorship position. And if I'm not mistaken, that relationship with Mr. Ayers on this board continued after 9/11 and after his reported comments, which were deeply hurtful to people in New York, and I would hope to every American, because they were published on 9/11 and he said that he was just sorry they hadn't done more."

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I do not want McCain to win no matter what. Period! The world could not take one more term like that last one! Which is why the democratic candidate had to be above all reproach on every issue. Unfortunately, and I believe the choice wasn't made by the democrats, this guy was chosen to lose to McCain. It must have surprised the hell out of the creeps at the top that he became so popular.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Two men could conceivably serve on a board together and not be friends. The campaign contribution doesn't really provide any evidence either. Anybody can donate money to his campaign and that doesn't indicate that they're friends with the candidate.

I would like to see some evidence that these two actually meet besides businesses meetings where they are on the same board. This would be pretty damning if that one missing piece can be verified.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
I do not want McCain to win no matter what. Period! The world could not take one more term like that last one!

Wow am I sick of hearing this argument. Newsflash, McCain is not Bush. In fact, many republicans don't like McCain because he's too far left and has a history of working with the democrats. You should research his stance on the issues and make your decision based on that, not on the statement of some anti-Bush writer who's pulling for an Obama victory.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Two men could conceivably serve on a board together and not be friends. The campaign contribution doesn't really provide any evidence either. Anybody can donate money to his campaign and that doesn't indicate that they're friends with the candidate.

I would like to see some evidence that these two actually meet besides businesses meetings where they are on the same board. This would be pretty damning if that one missing piece can be verified.

What more do you need? I mean, even Obama admitted they were friends! He just said it's different now because Ayer's is "reformed", though Ayers said he wished he would've klled more people.

Is that so hard to grasp? Do the research, it's been out there for quite some time now.

Do some research on the "Woods Foundation', find the connections.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know Obama is anti-American and befriends domestic bombers, Muslims and whatever the anti-American cause. Can you say "Pastor Wright"?

No .. Pastor Wright cannot be disowned and was Obama's spirtual advisor serving on his campaign. So what does Obama do? Throws him under the bus, contrary to his word.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Please stop telling us to do the research and post your sources. I have posted mine, and so have the news. Please post yours. I am not trying to say you not telling the truth, but people dont just swallow what you tell them "just cuz". They, and I would like to see the sources.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
When Ayers was arrested, Barack Obama was 7 years old.
Ayers is now a professor at the University of Illinois. He contributed $200 to Obama's campaign.

See this video at about 2 minutes.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

“When I first met Barack Obama, he was giving a standard, innocuous little talk in the living room of those two legends-in-their-own-minds, Bill Ayers and Bernardine Dohrn,” Warren wrote on her blog in 2005. “They were launching him — introducing him to the Hyde Park community as the best thing since sliced bread.”

Contacted by e-mail, Warren declined to describe the meeting further and later blogged of her concern that Republicans would use accounts of the event for “left-baiting.”

Obama at the Ayer's home. Bernadine is Ayer's wife and has praised Charles Manson.

When one looks at Obama, it's shocking how radical and anti-American his closest associates are. Taken separately, the black liberation theology of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright, or fundraiser William Ayers' unrepentant past as a 1960s terrorist or Obama's openly pro-Che Guevara volunteers in Houston might be dismissed.

But taken together, and given Obama's closeness to his friends, it's fair to ask whether Obama doesn't share their extreme-left views. Yet whenever he's asked, he gets mad and avoids the issue.

Maybe that's not surprising, given that Obama himself began his career as a Chicago community organizer and worked on projects there influenced by Saul Alinsky. The Marxist Machiavellian of the Chicago scene advised budding revolutionaries in his 1971 book "Rules For Radicals" to conceal their radical affiliations to attain greater power. That works well for Marxists.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

That would be a source url backing up the previous post.

Yes these two were radical activists and part of terrorist groups during one of America's most tumultuous time, partly due to extreme government and military abuse over domestic and foreign citizens. This was during a time when Obama was a mere child and probably had no inklings as to the workings of the world.

However, it does appear they have redeemed themselves, as they are respectable enough to serve in the fields of Law and education. They have done nothing radical since the times when everyone else was. Obama already discredited and acknowledged he does not share the radical views of his former pastor. I suppose he has to do the same again.

but I agree it is a damn crime to try and associate him with terrorism as a result. Especially when their relationship began during a time when the people in question were serving in their respectable career field which are a contribution to the community.

You have to consider what city this man has begun his career. There are alot of former radical activists from a time when government and military oppression were open and rampant. I dont condone the killings, but cant say they have committed any crimes forty years later now have they?

[edit on 8/26/2008 by DYepes]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

You have to consider what city this man has begun his career. There are alot of former radical activists from a time when government and military oppression were open and rampant. I dont condone the killings, but cant say they have committed any crimes forty years later now have they?

No, no crimes in 40 years but:

Then there's Obama's friend ex-Weather Underground terrorist Bill Ayers, another Marxist. Not only did Ayers set off terrorist bombs against "the establishment" with no regrets during the 1960s, he told the New York Times "we didn't do enough."

The article in the NY Times showed Ayers stomping on a US Flag saying he wish he'd done more with regards to his setting bombs etc. The article came out on Sept. 11, 2001.

Does this sound 'Reformed' to you?

Oh, and most Lawyers are very crooked, with the exception of Lincoln. I have a friend with a Law Degree that says he won't pursue it because of how crooked things are.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness
Excuse me, but..

why the hell is this propaganda b.s. breaking news?

Anywhoo..come on. This is just getting rediculous now.

Why? Not many people can claim they are friends with a terrorist who isn't sorry for what he did. Much less a candidate for President of the United States. People start to wonder why you are surrounded by all these crazy people.

Obama called the guy "mainstream". If thats mainstream to you, than you have no business running for president.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Dronetek]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Obama has made it this far, I seriously doubt he would have if these things were a big issue.

If the republican party is somehow responsible for what's going on in the world today such as with Russia and North Korea etc. it would appear they are holding the door open for McCain anyway as if we need him for a military leadership role.

The ad makes me think it's history just as some who were Black Panthers are now in politics.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join