It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens Do not have souls (bible orientated)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
i am a regular poster who does not want his name possibly tarnished with the most amazing insight that has ever come across ATS.

I have figured out why the grays and other aliens are so interested in us. I believe that all sentient life that exists in the universe do not have souls. The soul in man is literally the breath of God. We have a connection do the divine while the aliens can only hope through technology to get that high up spiritually.
Any humanoid alien you meet is barely above the spiritual level of animals. even id they look dead like us they are only animals wearing human clothes and having high technology.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I think it is possible that the fallen angels do have souls but are condemned to hell for eternity and maybe trying to make their way back to heaven through us ...which would explain why the angels bred with women ........................or they know they will never again set foot in heaven so they are out to kill maim and destroy mankind like the bible says ...
Or maybe both of the above ..

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I am a Christian, and I'm not sure I can agree with this theory.

I can see your point. We were created in God's image, and God did indeed breathe the breath of life into Adam, giving him a soul. So far so good. I will also agree that alien's of all races are very fascinated with humans. So we're very much on the same page here.

The problem from there on out is that the Bible does not mention extra terrestrials. They must have come from God or they simply would not exist, but what their purpose is, or, if they have a soul, is anyone's guess.

Sure they could be without a soul, but why? How? I mean... God would have to have a very good reason for giving beings who are obviously superior to us no soul.

Hmm... come to think of it the subject is far too vague to really discuss... I mean I have no point of reference here. No facts to go on. It is an interesting theory though. I do thank you for bringing it up, and I look forward to reading what others have to say.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I believe the spirit is the breath of God (the life giving force ) and the soul is the personality of that spirit ..you know ..something deeper and more defined than just breath ........could be wrong though ...

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Simplynoone]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Where is it written that animals have no soul? I remember a book I read long ago, called "Supernature", wherein tests were conducted. Measuring devices were attached to plants that measured electrical spikes, similar to stress responses in mammals. In a neighboring room, plants were dropped into boiling water. Each time, the plants separated by a wall, registered a spike. There was a great deal of bibliography supporting this study (of course, this was waaaay before the internet was born).

I found that fascinating. It didn't indicate necessarily a soul in plants [to me], but it indicated an awareness. Perhaps even self-awareness? I thought this the possible genesis of a soul -- self or other awareness.

So, what if, just...... what if? Animals have souls? My 14-year-old cat, Sutter, died last year. Many mornings I have awoken, thinking that I felt his familiar "cat-hat" over my head. My memory.....sure....... or his? Who knows?

I cannot imagine a diety that would choose to create lower-level sentience (us) with a soul and higher-energy sentience [the others] without one. I would think Him [or Her] [or It] a cruel trickster.

Just food for thought, served with a light dill sauce, no capers.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I personally dont believe that animals have souls ..at least not like ours ...
They wont be judged by what they do ...and they dont know what right and wrong is ...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Cheney et al are "divine" while aliens are not...so they decide to destroy us and god can't help us? Or god will let them "aquire" a soul through breeding with us?
Come on if you believe this stuff you are going to have a hard time explaining away injustice, greed, mass murder and deception which rule the world. Why the hell would more advanced beings want anything we have? Most humans don't give a toss and are not divine at all. I think we need to be rational and honest about the state of this world, I for one would not cherish a return on this planet at all....we are not divine, some of us are good positive people but not that many of us. Most men are perverts for example and most marriages don't last long and turn bitter and nasty...I don't see god as anything like us, or at least I sincerely hope not. No I am not a Christian but I find it funny how Christians struggle to explain everything away based on the bible. I see nothing special about us at all and while I hope there is justice and there is a god I am under no illusion that we are anything like it and I neither hope so. Our only hope is to contact advanced and ethical aliens and ask for help, those that insist on saying we are the breath of god while they are just sentient beings are unable to see just how much filth inhabits this planet....if having a soul makes you vote for Bush I would rather be a sentient being....come on...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simplynoone
I believe the spirit is the breath of God (the life giving force ) and the soul is the personality of that spirit ..you know ..something deeper and more defined than just breath ........could be wrong though ...

I want to go deeper but i am afraid I will go above peoples head here. In a nutshell Extraterrestrials are "Beasts of the field"

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I think that it may have nothing to do with religion. I'm keeping an open mind here, so I'm not discounting it completely, for anything is possible.

There are so many reasons/theories as to why they're here that if I were to type them all my fingers would be worn to the bone.

Maybe the beings that are interested in us are just studying us as humans study lower forms of life. I'm sure that if medieval-level civilization existed alongside us on Earth, we'd intently study their culture, knowledge, and how they advance.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Powderkeg]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Quote [I want to go deeper but i am afraid I will go above peoples head here. In a nutshell Extraterrestrials are "Beasts of the field"]

I just dont know ....it says they were all made after their own kind and all given their own bodys ......

1Cr 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

1Cr 15:39 All flesh [is] not the same flesh: but [there is] one [kind of] flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, [and] another of birds.

1Cr 15:40 [There are] also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial [is] one, and the [glory] of the terrestrial [is] another.

1Cr 15:41 [There is] one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for [one] star differeth from [another] star in glory.

1Cr 15:42 So also [is] the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

From Strongs
Celestial
1) existing in heaven

a) things that take place in heaven

b) the heavenly regions

1) heaven itself, the abode of God and angels

2) the lower heavens, of the stars

3) the heavens, of the clouds

c) the heavenly temple or sanctuary

2) of heavenly origin or nature

Terrestrial ...
1) existing upon the earth, earthly, terrestrial

Authorized Version (KJV) Translation Count — Total: 7
AV — earthly 4, terrestrial 2, in earth 1

Sounds like beasts of the earth are different than the Celestial (angelic beings) and terrestrial(humans)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It is my faith that I am right and you are wrong you can quote scripture till you are blue in the face but I will remain steadfast in the belief that if there are extraterrestrials they do not have souls.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Okay then ...whats the point of this thread then if not wanting to discuss it out with others ?
Oh wait I get it ..it was a bait .....

Sorry to have bothered your thread .

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I hear you; animals might not be judged, but that statement is possibly within context of a religious dogma.

Consider, though...... they don't NEED to know right from wrong..... they can do no wrong in that they are driven by more primary instincts than humans....... survive.... live..... protect..... procreated.

hmmmmmmm. Sound familiar? Are we really so different?

Is this the same instinct that drives us?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think the OP statement is quite arrogant. What makes us so special in relation to these Aliens? Why would we have a soul and they not?

If god created all, didn't he created the aliens too?

EDIT: Personally, I don't think we actually have a "soul". Our brains just create this image (and illusion, if you will) of having a "soul" etc, and this soul and personality is formed through emotions, wich again are just creations of past experiences. It's a neat trick that the mind is playing, and it works great, but that all is another subject I suppose

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Tunedbeats]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hate to break it to you but your concept isn't unique, I have it posted in my The Resistance thread somewhere and it's a mainstay concept for my Grey Vampire Sci Fi Animated feature i'm working on...

and I didn't get it original myself, I took it from some really old decipherings of the Book of Enoch

The concept is that the Greys essentially were Angels
and being an earlier form of evolution, Reptillian, Insectoid or what have you G-d made them soulless to enable them to "fly through the heavens"

at some point, Lucifer discovers that g-ds plan for the Universe is that it will fall in upon itself and start over again, their duty was to help his creations of life (us) and go world to world preparing places for them to live.

But when they discovered that we had Souls and were "g-ds favorite" i.e. they were immortal but the Universe ends so they aren't and we get to go to Heaven not "the heavens" and are the ones who actually live forever

They rebelled against g-d and seek to thwart creation and subvert man to join their cause, undo creation, stop the universe from falling back in on itself in 15 some odd billion years give or take some Billions

This is their hatred of mankind and the attempts to get our leaders to trade our lives for their brand of immortality

and I made it a main premise of a fictional storyline in which Vampires in our time seek to escape Earth before the rest of the Greys get here...

see my Avatar... I made that!

and what I am doing in the story is getting very xfiley and trying to make it as plausable as possible... (final animation will be alot less comic)

so I used genuine religion and theory on the Greys as Watchers from the book of Enoch...

In fact there are 3 parts to the story, it's a trilogy the first goes back to the antedeluvian where I place Enoch as a human Geneticist working with another group of aliens that "boosted him" among others to theat 900 year lifespan to work directly with them and the Greys show up and destroy this other group of aliens which leads to Enoch Engineering the first Human/Vampires to defend us by combining the Dna of yet another alien spieces the Greys fear

But i'm going off on my own tangent...

Your theory has been around since the 40's in modern form and for alot longer than that in other forms

and with that said Kudos... for figuring it out on your own, because I use it ,Because it's the theory I am most inclined to believe

The one thing no one takes into account in faster than light travel or hyperspace travel is...

The soul and if you uproot the body from it's ties to the next dimension how do you do that and not snap the cord so to speak?

I don't believe a Human, Soul intact can travel Faster than light speed without loosing it...

and these things therefore are soulless because they can travel faster than light and must have to be to do so.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I'm sure the poor little aliens have souls and feelings just like we do.
ETs need love and acceptance too.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
In addition, John Lear states that the aliens are simply soul harvesters and we are the resulting fresh produce. We live, we die, and our soul goes up to some alien moonbase where the aliens promptly retrieve them.

This story backs your explanation right?

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
*sigh*

The Book of Enoch, if you chose to believe it, states CLEARLY what happened that caused the flood. Fallen Angels, both in the Book of Enoch and the regular Bible, do have immortal souls.

According to the Book of Enoch, The nephilim was the hybrid off-spring of mankind and angel-kind. These "souls" that were created (whether through genetic manipulation or the old fashioned way, it doesn't matter) are barred from entering heaven, and it seems hell, and are stuck on earth until the time of judgment. This isn't absolute, as apparently Enoch speaks of them being limited to earth, yet Isaiah (IIRC) speaks about "stirring up the giants of hell at your coming".

So, according to the Book of Enoch, demons are not fallen angels, as people think, but the hybrid offspring of fallen angels. This would seem to explain why demons always seek to inhabit the bodies of others, via possession. Fallen angels do not need bodies, they can manifest their own. That's not to say that fallen angels NEVER possess people, as the bible clearly states two people who were directly possessed by Satan, Judas Iscariot, and in the end times, the "beast"

Now, that's not to say that I believe or even disbelieve what I have written. I'm just correcting some factual errors about what the Book of Enoch, and the bible, says.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Sir Lancelot ..I have considered that point of view as well ...and yes it is possible they are the hybrids .....

The only thing about that book ..I find some contradictory things in it ...
So I am on the fence about that book .............
Actually there are three books of Enoch ...I actually like the Ethiopic one the best ....

Here is a link to all of them
very good research site on ancient texts.....not sure I liked any of them to tell the truth ...alot of stuff in some of these texts that are just downright blasphemy ...thats my opinion of course ...
www.pseudepigrapha.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Worlds without end amen.

When 'you've' been here 10,000 years.

Easy for you and your undeveloped soul to make accusations like the dribble posted in your op.

There are multiple levels to the soul, there are multiple levels of reality.

This is against the rules at ats to say mean and rude and unsubstantiated things about those you know nothing about.

PROVE that aliens have no soul.

Prove that you have one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join