It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colored symbols in the sky above las vegas

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLynnSuicide

One approach I like in dealing with a case like this is to try to imagine what it would take to hoax this. Although without any additional evidence we won't be able to prove that this is extraterrestrial in origin, sometimes appreciating the level of difficulty required to produce a hoax like this can help rule out methods of hoaxing.

Assuming it was a hoax, the only way I can imagine being able to do such a thing by "earthly means" is by suspending a black or clear surface somewhere in the sky and then projecting the light from the ground. This sounds terribly impractical and difficult to do, and there would be a number of challenges: if it was a black surface, the contrast would be terribly poor, and any stars behind it would be blocked. If it was a clear surface, choosing an appropriate angle such that only the projections reflect but nothing else would be difficult and hiding the structure that holds the reflective surface would be very very tricky. The reflective surface trick is used in park rides to project "ghosts". But this trick is very limited in viewing angle, I find it hard to see how this trick could be used outdoors.

If there were clouds then the clouds would have served as the projection surface. This would not be too difficult.

Can anybody else think of any other ways to do such a thing?

-rrr

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by danielsil18

Lasers do not "spray" light onto surfaces as this video illustrates. That video is an illusion. I'm not saying that there isn't a building there that can do that, maybe with fluorescent paint or something else I don't know about... but to point a laser at an otherwise unprepared surface and "write" will not leave a trail on the surface unless the laser beam is repeatedly swept on that shape several dozens of times per second. Of course, this rate of speed is not doable by hand, only using motors called "galvos"

-rrr

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
reply to post by seawolf197

I actually made that chart so I feel I have the right to ask, wasn't the stephensville lights debunked as a star being filmed with a night shot mode that causes the skipping pattern?

The video of the squiggly lines may have been debunked. Shooting a bright object and shaking the camera will produce trails as that video shows, so that is a plausible explanation for the squiggly lines video.

However, most of the Stephenville sightings are not what this video represents. Some of them allegedly left radar traces. That's a subject for a different thread though.

-rrr

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This is a bit of a stretch but

May be someone has developed a material that can be sprayed in the air that acts like those glow in the dark materials. Laser light can be shined onto it, it absorbs the energy and glows for 20 to 30 minutes.

The oval shape of the canvas, so to speak, is due to the spray application into the air. The surface winds that night were light but of course that doesn't mean they were at higher altitudes.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Fascinating thread. Thanks for sharing it, Amber Lynn.

If it IS of ET origin: Why NOT respond with lights to a city that could (mistakenly) be seen to be sending out a message from Earth into space?

Of course, it is in Nevada, home of all sorts of black military projects.

I'm open minded to the OP's post being truthful, because the prose is different that that of the usual hoaxes...which all seem to be stylistically almost identical.

However: my skeptical side can't help but wonder if this is sort of viral marketing to entice people here over to the pay-to-join website that the OP is advertising on her profile page, which, as we all know by now, leads to some rather provacative pictures of the OP.

[edit on 28/8/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
hm sounds weird..my first thought also was a laser show..but ich think you wouldnt post it here if you not 100% sure that its something you never saw before...

well never heard of any similar event so...

pls take a cam with you next time
i really wanna see it

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This interests me greatly. I've never actually seen such things, but, I have had dreams, which were eerily similar.

In these dreams, the symbols and images are, at times, even animated. They appear to be created with lasers. It has been awhile since I've had this dream, but, I remember that a lot of people were witnessing the events. At first, the people were amused and awed. However, that soon turned to fear and panic, as the images became violent.

That's about all I remember and I've never told this to anyone.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Were any of the symbols similar to these:

i184.photobucket.com...

i184.photobucket.com...

[edit on 8/29/08 by rezial666]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'll try to field these as best as possible.

-Alot of the symbols I have been shown in this thread aren't very close to the ones I saw. They weren't connected at all, or visibly connected by my eyes... They appeared to be stamped. pointing in several directions, and al different colors.
-I work on the patio almost every night, and in my experience I haven't seen anything even remotely close to this in my 4 years here in Vegas. Granted, I don't typically go around making cocktails with my nose in the sky, but something that night made me look up, and there it was.
-I definitely will keep my cellphone handy from this point forward, but I am not sure If my blackberry will catch anything!! Worth a shot however.
- Napkin nights/ SpyonVegas only come tue/fri/sat. not Sundays, which is the night it happened.
- the dream thing is really the weirdest to me. I don't know if I mentioned in my blog that Patricks parents were with us in the dream (They Live in St Louis), and are actually coming this Sunday night. Anyone who's not a member of SuicideGirls can't read the blog, so I'll post it here for you guys to pick apart.
"Saturday
AUGUST 23, 2008 @ 04:06 PM

So, this morning I woke up to the alarm for Patrick to get up...but it saved me from a weird #ing dream, that I am glad to have gotten out of.
We were somewhere in Europe. near the sea....mountains, and alot of bridges, etc... We were staying with this family who started having problems with what they kept calling a "demon" and it started when we showed up.
First, there were symbols all over the front door, and the word, "SOLIDALE"...
After walking into the house, and up the stair way to our room, there were two eyes drawn on the wall, that appeared to be glowing and the word "PROPAGANTE!". And again, the strange symbols.
I was given a pair of binoculars in the dream, and told to look into the mountains where everyone was claiming to see the "thing, hovering."

So #ing weird. I don't speak any other languages, but according to the trusted friend GOOGLE, "Solidale" is italian and means "bound." or "made answerable for the whole"
And "Propagante" is italian-croatian meaning basically "spread the word"
"

This was the day before my experience at work.
Kinda strange, and didn't even think about it until one of the members pointed this out to me. Almost TOO much of a coincidence if you ask me,. hahahah

Anyway, thats all I got for now.
Back to house cleaning before the inlaws get here.
***edit... OR WHATEVER ELSE IS COMING! Hahahhahaah

Thank you all so much one more time for all your insight and expertise!

[edit on 29-8-2008 by AmberLynnSuicide]

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

have you ever heard of sacred geometry?

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   

were any like these

www.earthsymbols.com...

or did any look similar to this - and were they three dimensional?

www.abduct.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Hey Amber, could the objects you saw be similar or the same as the so-called "earthquake lights" which were seen in China not too long ago? I'm guessing that whatever you saw was clearer and more defined than what is in this video. You said you could make out symbols, but since it was night when you saw these I can only assume it would make them easier to see.

Many people have speculated that the earthquake lights are in fact holographic images created by HAARP. These holograms have also been reported, but not filmed, on other occasions as well. If you search YouTube you can find plenty of additional info on the lights and HAARP. I'm sure many of the members at ATS are aware of this phenomenon and the theories surrounding HAARP, so there should be no shortage of opinions.

* This is my first attempt at embedding a YouTube video, so I hope I've done it right. If not, the link to the video is: Earthquake lights

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
At first glance these symbols are all related to a higher dimension, the first symbol of what appears to be human eye with a line coming from the pupil and ascending into a parallel universe, the other symbols appear to be euler circuits that have short cuts or missing pathways of an incomplete bifurcation.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Warrior of Light

I dont think this is what she is speaking of - but She will have to answer that. I have seen the colors Like she stated but not the symbols - I have often wondered abt that - but then I see microsoft and the colors and often connect the two. Not sure how all this fits - still trying to understand....

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Warrior of Light

PS - I have also see this same phenomenom in the US on several occasions, but no quake ensued. So just a testing/provin ground? who knows. 20-30 minutes each time but not worries to speak of then.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

I had a professor who was credited as the first person to discover that it was possible to create such things in space with lasers. I never heard any application of such an experiment however.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Honestly, the symbols in the second link were closest so far to the ones I saw.
The symbols weren't in a rainbow like scale either.. Just randomly stamped, and all different colors, not gradient (if im using this word correctly).. They didn't form a rainbow like the youtube video... Just different colored symbols glowing...

one would be red, the other green, yellow, white, blue, a greenish white color was the brightest out of the bunch, that was the one that had the 5 lines. 2 on top pointing straight up, two pointing down and to the left, and one pointing down and to the right.
That was directly in the center, and the brightest. was the last symbol to disappear.

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by rezial666

Definitely the symbols in the second link. I only briefly glanced at them.
Going back now to look again. So interesting.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover
This interests me greatly. I've never actually seen such things, but, I have had dreams, which were eerily similar.

In these dreams, the symbols and images are, at times, even animated. They appear to be created with lasers. It has been awhile since I've had this dream, but, I remember that a lot of people were witnessing the events. At first, the people were amused and awed. However, that soon turned to fear and panic, as the images became violent.

That's about all I remember and I've never told this to anyone.

This just gave me chills. I see I replied to a post directly following yours, but don't recall seeing your post until now.
I have had those dreams reccuring since I was toddling. It's always black and white. The symbols usually look something like stick figures , that quickly progress into violently balls of what looks like pen scrawls...
Wow, this is really getting even weirder.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Very weird, they might be extraterrestrial have you seen these symbols anywhere before?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join