It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the government lie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Why do we believe them? We know that they're up to no good when they want to go to war and yet we almost always end up buying their story and justifications for war. Why is this so?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

For the same reason I do. More cookies!

not a one line bla bla ...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
IMO, if you will eat it, then it will be feed to you. They do it because they can and do get away with it.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Because society is in a state of mass psychosis, and it refuse to take responsibility for its own actions. Often, if society does acknowledge its problems, its way of dealing with said problems are often much more damaging, but looks presentable in the short term. As long as the people don't acknowledge it, and they create an elaborate fantasy to cover up the true nature of their problems, they can function just fine if left alone... until the whole thing completely self destructs in a massive mental breakdown.

If you confront the truth, you're bound to have at least one mental breakdown, because it is such a heavy thing we are dealing with. Discovering that you are a slave, and that the way out is near impossible... I've broken down in tears on several occasions, and I don't mind admitting that.

new topics

top topics

join