It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Alex Collier Believers: What do you say about this?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiONiX
reply to post by MrVertigo

So, you admit predictions are pointless?
Predictions are not pointless because they might change what is going to happen. Sometimes for the better. Everything that has a chance to change something for the better should not be seen as pointless.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by vasaga
The round world claim was so extraordinary, and the flat world was normal and the truth...

No, it wasn't.

The belief that most of the world believed the Earth was flat has no basis in reality. It is a myth invented during the Victorian Era. Not since ancient Greece has anyone serious entertained the notion of a flat Earth, and even then the idea quickly fell out of favor.

Even if what you are you claiming was true, it has no bearing on Alex Collier. Simply because someone made an extraordinary claim in the past and it turned out to be true, does not lend any credence to Alex Collier; just as many extraordinary claims have turned out to be wrong as well. The fact that as many are wrong should give you pause before taking Collier at his word; looking at the track-record for self-styled prophets, they are more often wrong than prophetic.

You should ask yourself this. If the story of Alex was the first story you heard since you were little, and you accepted it until now, would you believe what the government and institutions were saying now? Guess not... THAT is exercising critical thinking

That doesn't even make sense.

Doing mental gymnastic to somehow make Collier right is not open-mindedness. It is closed-minded, a refusal to accept that he (and you) are wrong.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

So, you admit predictions are pointless?
Predictions are not pointless because they might change what is going to happen...

Again, mental gymnastics. Collier is wrong, so you invent excuses to make him right, make it so that it is impossible for him to be wrong. His prediction didn't come true? Well, that proves he was right, because his prediction changed the future. This is the extremes of closed-mindedness.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

And I think you're wrong.

Agree to disagree is the best solution here

wZn

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

The round world claim was so extraordinary, and the flat world was normal and the truth...

No, it wasn't.

The belief that most of the world believed the Earth was flat has no basis in reality. It is a myth invented during the Victorian Era. Not since ancient Greece has anyone serious entertained the notion of a flat Earth, and even then the idea quickly fell out of favor.

Even if what you are you claiming was true, it has no bearing on Alex Collier. Simply because someone made an extraordinary claim in the past and it turned out to be true, does not lend any credence to Alex Collier; just as many extraordinary claims have turned out to be wrong as well. The fact that as many are wrong should give you pause before taking Collier at his word; looking at the track-record for self-styled prophets, they are more often wrong than prophetic.
Oh please... Ofcourse it had basis in reality. They saw the horizon, so they thought the world ends there, and the movement of sky bodies were just circles within circles etc. They had it all figured out. But it was WRONG anyway. I'm not saying Alex Collier is 100% right, but I'm keeping the possibility open. You know why? Well.

Here are some some strange moon facts:
www.geocities.com...

Here's a pic that shows the North pole has a hole:
www.v-j-enterprises.com...

There are a lot of other strange things which have no logical explanation, like:
Pyramids all over the planet
Crystal Skulls
Baalbek, Lebanon
Nano Spirals
Nazca Lines

AND there's a language in spain which cannot be derived from any other language on this planet. It is one on its own, and Alex said it was alien. Most people out of that state never even heard of that language. How would he know it?

You should ask yourself this. If the story of Alex was the first story you heard since you were little, and you accepted it until now, would you believe what the government and institutions were saying now? Guess not... THAT is exercising critical thinking

That doesn't even make sense.

Doing mental gymnastic to somehow make Collier right is not open-mindedness. It is closed-minded, a refusal to accept that he (and you) are wrong.
It does make sense. This does not show that i am close minded, it shows that you are. Your argument is flawed. It shows that you are because you refuse to doubt what you believe in now, while i doubt both sides. THAT's the difference between you and me.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Oh please... Ofcourse it had basis in reality. They saw the horizon, so they thought the world ends there, and the movement of sky bodies were just circles within circles etc. They had it all figured out.

As I was saying...

This was a common belief until the Classical Greeks began to discuss the Earth's shape about the 4th century BC...Recent scholarship has argued that "with extraordinary [sic] few exceptions no educated person in the history of Western Civilization from the third century B.C. onward believed that the earth was flat" and that the prevailing view was of a spherical earth.
SOURCE

However, my point still stands. Just because an extraordinary claim in the past was right, it has zero bearing on extraordinary claims in the present. It doesn't somehow lend any credence to Collier.

I'm not saying Alex Collier is 100% right, but I'm keeping the possibility open. You know why? Well.

What does any of those strange "facts" have to do with Collier? As far as I can tell, he doesn't mention any of this in that particular video.

Here are some some strange moon facts:
www.geocities.com...

These so called facts are hardly such; they are mistakes, misqoutes, myths, outmoded theories and fabrications. For instance...the moon does have a magnetic field; the moon's age has been found as recently as 2005 to be 4.5 bya, not 5.3 bya as claimed on that site; the site is right that many moonquakes cannot be attribute to meteor-impacts, but ignores the fact they can be contributed to others sources, such as tidal-forces exerted on the Moon, or the sun heating the lunar surface. The Moon IS NOT the only object in the solar system to be tidal-locked; most major moons are. The theories about the moon's origin stated on the site are outdated and no longer seriously considered; while scientists don't know exactly how it was formed (as no one was there to see it), just because they cannot conclusively prove it does not mean it is somehow "alien" or artificial. And yes, it is a coincidence that the moon can cover the sun to create an eclipse; our most ancient ancestors could not have witnessed an eclipse, as the moon was too close to create such phenomenon.

All of the facts on the website you cited could be discounted and disproven with a modicum of research. However, you have taken them at face value without any sort of critical thinking.

There are a lot of other strange things which have no logical explanation, like:
Pyramids all over the planet
Crystal Skulls
Baalbek, Lebanon
Nano Spirals
Nazca Lines

No, all of these things have logical explanations. Simply because you would rather wallow in ignorance does not mean they don't.

There is not a single crystal skull that has been shown to be of pre-Columbian origin. Crystal skulls do not figure into a single MesoAmerican myth. While the MesoAmericans did not have the means to produce such skulls, Western civilization has since the 19th century; Mitchell-Hedges refused to allow any testing of her skull after it was shown it bears the markings of mechanical grinding and use of metal tools.

Baalbek is no mystery to archaeologists; it is a Roman temple complex. Those claiming it is unexplained are relying on sources from the 19th century, before any serious excavation work had been done. Baalbek bares all the signs of Roman construction. Archaeologists and historians know exactly how they constructed Baalbek and similiar structures.

The Nazca Lines do not defy explanation. While there are various theories about their purpose (and generally agreed they had religious significance), it is well known how they were made. Dr. Joe Nickell demonstrated that with technology available to the Nazca and careful planning, it would take a small team just a matter of days to construct the largest of the geoglyphs. All it takes is a simple matter of scrapping away the iron-oxide pebbles on the surface to expose the light-colored earth beneath.

AND there's a language in spain which cannot be derived from any other language on this planet. It is one on its own, and Alex said it was alien. Most people out of that state never even heard of that language. How would he know it?

You're talking about Basque, spoken only in certain areas of Spain. While it is true it is not related to any extant language family, that is not mean it is of alien origin. More likely, it is the last surviving example of a language family that existed before the dominance of Indo-European languages in Europe. There are dozens of examples of so-called language isolates around the world, where the language family is unknown.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

About the moon:

The external magnetic field of the Moon is very weak in comparison to that of the Earth. Other major differences are that the Moon does not currently have a dipolar magnetic field (as would be generated by a geodynamo in its core) and the varying magnetization that is present is almost entirely crustal in origin.
Hollow?

I found this at another thread. I suggest you read it..
www.thecrowhouse.com...

Ok i haven't read it yet, but i saw some cool stuff about those topics. Do with the info what you will. One little piece of advise, don't believe everything the media and society tells you.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Ok i haven't read it yet, but i saw some cool stuff about those topics. Do with the info what you will. One little piece of advise, don't believe everything the media and society tells you.

Very, very rich coming from the likes of you. "I don't believe what society tells me! I believe what unsourced websites tell me!"

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Very, very rich coming from the likes of you. "I don't believe what society tells me! I believe what unsourced websites tell me!"
If there's one thing i hate it's when people put words in my mouth. First of all, i did not say i believe nothing that society tells me and everything that websites tell me. I just question everything i read, and by everything i mean everything, including sourced websites and scientists etc.

I have only one thing to say to you now:

The Matrix is a system, Neo.

Uh.. wait.. let's refrase that..

The society is a system, SaviorComplex. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inured, so hopelessly dependent on the system, that they will fight to protect it.
Just like you

But never mind. I'm outta here. I avoid people who begin to say things like "the likes of you". Go offend someone else. I have no time for stupid personal attacks, not reading them, and not to keep saying them either. See you later, or not.. Whatever.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I personally am not much of a believer of the whole Andromedan thing but if I completely ignore the predictions and "alien talk", he pretty much states exactly what the Human race needs.
And the whole NYC dissapearing, i remember hearing him talk about an "event" happening in the early '00s in New York that would change the way we look at the world. He could've always been talking about 9/11. Infact alot of his predictions dabble around a concrete idea - i suppose no one can accurately predict the future...

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Alex Collier didn´t make PREDICTIONS.

The scenarios he told were PROBABILITIES.

The difference between these two words is clear.

Witness testimony supporting Alex Collier´s legitimacy as a contactee by Jon Robinson:

"Now at this time I would like to address the predictions or prophetic accuracy. First off the Zenetae Andromedan's are a very scientific race. So they know that the future is not set in stone, but is real since they come from the future.

Alex does not refer to information that they have told him to share of future events as anything but probability. Not prophetic and not predictions! By probability they recognize that events can be change before and even as they take place by those are involved. They would explain this in terms of percentages of probability.

Now I also know that at times a tool they would use on dire statements made were also used to try and get us on this planet who kept up with this stuff to basically put it out towards the masses in hopes that those who were going to do something bad and that monitored our information would get cold feet and change their minds about events because they just might get caught if people started saying that it had been foretold before hand. If you think on that it makes sense.

As for a couple of events that Alex and eventually myself were putting out to the general population, these events did not take place on the dates given. And even if they were events that to happen due to Andromedan Council actions, they also have the right to change the event dates or even to just not do them. That is what probability is all about.

The future is not set because of such. Anyone anytime can change their mind."

Source:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
IMO, I believe that the future is set in stone but there are numerous but finite different ways that the script can play out... sort of like those alternate endings in some movies.

I don't think Alex was inaccurate in his predictions about California and NYC because there is another dimension of time (or another version of the script) in which that scenario does play-out. Of course that is not the dimension we are in now because we chose against that script. But just because we are experiencing one script doesn't mean another doesn't exist. All it means is that our experience is focused on one speck of space-time rather than another. That dimension is just as valid as this one. Ultimately, both being illusory.

Every sage that has ever lived have taught us to never trust the information our sense perceptions relay (our experience here on earth). Reason being that it only explains part of the truth. And if you believe in the simple principle that truth must be whole for it to be true then we what we experience is indeed false.

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
He just seems like an actor

posted on Jan, 2 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
How reliable is a polygraph test ?

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Thankyou! Probablities. Maybe the OP should have researched more before being so quick to debunk information.

And for the original poster, have you seen the 1994 interview? Where he says we should buck our ideas up by August 2001? What happened the month after agust 2001? I think you need to word your posts better, you give us a video and say ha there you go your all wrong you shouldnt believe him. Do all the predictions in the bible come true? No, but thats not dismissed as nonsense.

People should be able to believe what they want without manipulaton. Unfortunately, we are controlled by governtment and religion, none of us have free will to believe what we want it seems.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
IF you watched his recent 2009 videos with CAMELOT or whatever its called, he says he was wrong for giving out hard dates. It actually makes sense since the future is not written in stone. Like I can predict something that i would see to be the future now, but something can happen in a mere minute that would change the whole future that I saw.

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
interesting post. Not sure if I can agree but need more research

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Reevster

I really think with things like this, your outlook is absolutely the best outlook one can take when dealing with the unsettling features of his claims.

Reevster, you are absolutely right. Just use your gut feeling about these things. You will find that gut feelings or "hunches" are some of the most powerful intuitions a person can have.

Open your minds!!!! Blurred pics.....gee, must be for no reason at all, or just there might be a reason why Nasa would blurr out these pictures. UFO sightings in the millions all over the world in over 130 countries (only documented one's anyway).

Now, only one abduction has to have really happened in order for the whole phenomenom to be real. Only one UFO sighiting has to really have happened for it all to be truth. Only one crashed UFO needs to have happened for the whole thing to be reality. My gut tells me the following:

Goverment Cover Ups is real
UFO's are real
UFO's are controlled by intelligence not of planet earth
Roswell happened
Moon bases are real (not all claims of moon bases are valid..but def. some things in those lunar shots presented by Alex Collier [and others] of the lunar surface.
Moon is not hollow
Earth is not hollow

Amoung others, those are some of my gut feelings, and I bet they are right.

I have to say in regards to people seeing things on the moon.

Now, the moon is roughly the size of 4 continents of Africa. So, the front side of the moon that is facing us, is roughly the size of two Africa's in a half ball shape. Now, imagine you are on the moon, looking through a telescope.....and imagine you are trying to point out a building in Johannesburg South Africa and tell me how easy it is to do that.

Now I'll make it a bit easier......now go to earth orbit, and try to point out a building in Johannesburg South Africa, and I assure you, you will have issues'.

On the other hand......I believe that we are in store to find out much more than we thought about the moon's surface, being that if you were in earth orbit above Africa, you may be able to point out various structures or geometrical shapes, but what happens when you zoom all the way in.......you go from seeing various shapes and sizes to seeing a whole metropolis of civilization with tons of other buidlings, shapes and sizes. My point is that there may be A LOT more than meets the eye to the moon, but we won't know unless, as Neil Armstrong once said, "There are things beyond our imagination waiting to be discovered, if only truth's protective layer can be removed". Hmmmmmmm, sounds like someone knows' something.

My gut tells me that Neil Armstrong would not be giving these cryptic speeches and hints/clue's if nothing was going on at all.

Either way, I wanted to say to Reevster that I agree with your statements about looking at things objectively. It starts, like you said Reevster, as questioning yourself on whether you think these things make sense.

Ask yourself, what is plausible? Is it plausible that god made the earth in 7 days, no.....is it plausible that we might have visitors from another planetary system in space crafts that are thousands of years ahead of where we are? Yes!

Us humans ARE proof that a civilization has the ability to A) exist and B) reach outer space in space ships and C) go to other planetary systems, whether it be in person or unmanned probes.

What we have accomplished is more than enough proof that we most certainly can have visitors or other planets. Do you think we would just stay put if and when we come up with the technology to travel between the stars? No, we would be out there, gone, searching and exploring the universe.

Keeping an open mind is what it's all about!

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I remember watching this video about 2 years ago or something and thinking how can you trust the man? I simply can't but like I've said before, I enjoy watching Collier's lectures only because of his overall positive message that he tries to put out. His tales make for good bedtime stories too. That is if you enjoy falling asleep to thoughts of some alien named Phasaeus coming and taking you away for months at a time on a gigantic starship.

posted on Jan, 19 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Great discussion going on here about Alex -> www.abovetopsecret.com...

I still have yet to see anyone give any solid proof that Alex is legit. And just because someones story is good doesn't mean you should listen to them. Hitler told a great story to his whole country about how they could solve all the problems of the world... remember how that turned out.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join