It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Alex Collier Believers: What do you say about this?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is part of an interview that took place some time in the early 90's I believe.

In this interview Collier says quote, "New York City by the year 2000 will not be there, it will be ash, it will be sacrificed."

He also mentions some BS about how the Los Angeles area would be a bunch of islands around the same time.

I notice a lot of people on this board blindly believe Alex Collier's BS for some reason. The only evidence for believing that I ever see is stuff like "Well he really SEEMS like he is telling the truth, " or "He doesn't SEEM like he's lying." lol, gimme a break...

Here's the video... he starts making his bogus predictions around 1:20 or so:

www.youtube.com...

What do you think about Collier now? You still believe this charlatan's crap?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I would love to hear why his predictions didn't come true. See what the believers come up with this time.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I'd say the predictions were the least interesting part of his information. I don't believe anyone can "freely" talk to media continuously and via interviews that could reach the public without being forced, from the early days on, to discredit themselves.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
How about the twin towers & 9/11? And, as for California becoming islands, just wait until after Nibiru passes. Allister Crowley has drawings of California after this event as just a bunch of islands.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I was one of those people who believed in this guy since he sounded genuinely fustrated and angry when talking about how the reptilians are kidnapping children for food.

But now, I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe this guy is a really, really good liar.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by nutglow]

[edit on 26-8-2008 by nutglow]

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
I notice a lot of people on this board blindly believe Alex Collier's BS for some reason. The only evidence for believing that I ever see is stuff like "Well he really SEEMS like he is telling the truth, " or "He doesn't SEEM like he's lying." lol, gimme a break...

At first it might seem that you have presented a valid inquiry into Alex Collier's off the mark predictions, however your assessment of Alex Collier as a fraud has some flaws in some areas and strengths in others:

Strengths:

A) Not all of Alex's predictions have come true

B) Lack of physical evidence to back his claims of contact

C) Lack of eye witness testimony to substantiate his contacts.

Weaknesses:

A) Alex Collier has nothing for sale and to date has given less than 5 lectures.

B) Alex openly admits before your posted youtube video that the audience is free to disbelieve, in fact, he gives the disclaimer before every lecture.

C) Historically, many predictions have been given so that they can be avoided. It is not yet known whether this method works.

----------------------

As a skeptic, it is your responsibility to look at both sides of a case without bias. Given your immediate willingness to hurl names and insults, it is clear to me, that you simply (at this point) lack the investigative skills to quietly observe both sides of a case before making a determination. Therefore, your final conclusions cannot hold weight under true skeptical inquiry.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by NightVision]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I'm sure a lot of you will see this thread and still continue to blindly believe Collier's tales, that's fine. Believe what you want... just wanted to show you his failed predictions at least because people were arguing with me that he never even said them in the first place.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Diplomat]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnbaudio
How about the twin towers & 9/11? And, as for California becoming islands, just wait until after Nibiru passes. Allister Crowley has drawings of California after this event as just a bunch of islands.

The attack of the Twin Towers was in 2001, not 2000 as Collier stated, and they are only 2 buildings, not "All of NYC completely gone." lol.

Just wait until Nibiru passes? And where is this Nibiru that no astronomer can seem to find? Isn't it supposed to pass Earth in like 4 years? I think even amateur astronomers would be able to spot a huge rogue planet that is on it's way by now...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If you really get into it, the whole thing about predicting the future is infinitely tricky, because the future is constantly changing.
Let's say, for example, that the NWO or reptilians or whoever actually had a plan to nuke New York in the year 2000. As soon as someone like Collier makes the prediction that this will happen, the NWO or whoever will be forced to change this plan, unless they wanted to prove him right, and thus potentially expose themselves.
And that's not even getting into the whole mess of alternate timelines, chaos theory etc.

So perhaps the reason these things never came true is BECAUSE he predicted them...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Now the believers seem to be sticking to the rationalization that "making predictions is tricky" and doesn't always work out. According to you guys the predictions are completely pointless, right?

Well I have an idea for these so-called prophets then: Stop making predictions.

Oh, and events cease to happen all because 1 single small little carbon human unit spoke about them? That's a stretch.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Diplomat]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Hit the nail right on the head there MrVertigo. Thats how I feel about predictions as well.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Well first of all I never said I was a believer, I just tried to add a slightly more nuanced opinion to the thread.
And I am well aware that "making predictions is tricky" is something of a kliché.
But it also happens to be true, just ask a meteorologist or a financial analyst.

As for the impossibility of one man changing history, well you could quite easily argue that this has happened lots of times that we know of, and probably at least as many times that we will never know of.

But I can understand your frustration about the number of false predictions out there. My advice would be to stop watching Youtube videos of people like Alex Collier...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
He's entertainment.... I like what he says even though he's completely off base. I watched that entire series of clips one night. It was funny stuff. I especially like how he says that the aliens regard us like royalty because we're lab rats that have been tinkered with so much that we have about 22+ different alien DNA genes spliced into our DNA
I'd say that makes us more like mutts than royalty

-Euclid

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
as of right now ..i don't believe him.

i have no way of proving or disproving what he say's and neither does he i think. but when considering everything he has said in previous video's and this one included i will have to say that i don't believe him.

[edit on 26-8-2008 by easynow]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
True or not, what do you have against people wanting to believe in this guy? Does it irk you that much?

Do you have irrefutable proof that this guy is a fake? I admit my faith in him has shakened, but I can't call him a liar.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaBears
True or not, what do you have against people wanting to believe in this guy? Does it irk you that much?

It does me....mainly because I would like to have the reassurance that the people I share the world with, and share opinion with, have some ability to discern real from not real, and can arrive at reasoned conclusions. ( Pipe dream, I know....look at the people getting voted into office ) I can think of many professions in which I hope the practitioner has both feet, and the space between his/her ears, firmly grounded with a sensible world-view.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

In a world run by religion, I doubt you are going to find the people you seek. This guy's not hurting anybody, even if he is lying. Now, religion and politics- those are lies that promote destruction.

As for the videos... could be a number of reasons. He could be lying, maybe by throwing in some real-world elements in order to 'spice up' his claims. If he did get this info from aliens, I find it likely something could have been lost in translation. Maybe he, or the aliens, got something wrong. Just because they're aliens doesn't make them all-knowing.

I, personally, don't buy most of what this guy says, but I will always have the utmost respect for him. He's standing up and speaking out for what he believes in. No different than most ATSers in here. Kudos to him.

I suppose you believe that the future is written in stone and cannot be changed? If you're willing to discount all of what a person says because of a few mistakes, then your ability to understand and judge a person is completely out of whack.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
You seem to laugh off the New York 2000 prediction where he said new york would be gone, completely ash.

That seems pretty obvious the way he interpreted the sept 11th attack on the trade centers, many predictions can be worded odd or slightly misinterpreted by the way they got there information maybe by symbols or images. But the fact that happened and on the day it did I was watching the news all day, all it was the streets of new york covered in ash everywhere was gray, id have to say new york was pretty devastated on that day.

That sounds like a fairly accurate prediction where he defianately was onto something although his interpretations was somewhat off.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Yes yes reality is a constant and static thing that never ever will change no matter what you say or do, and it isn't at all infinitely possible in this static universe to say something in hopes that it doesn't happen. We all want our horrible predictions to come true so some bugaboo (haha) can revel in how wrong he is and how dead lots of people are and so we sit there in horror and disbelief.

There's a good message in what Mr. Collier is saying, and I think early on he might have been wanting to make people pay attention, and the only people who paid attention back then were basically new agers and in the early 90s, predictions were a HUGE draw in the alternative research community, from what I can gather...

Either way, if you are blind to the core of what he is saying, then you may not be ready to grow up. You may be looking to nitpick and find the differences in everything and make fun of things like a little tiny child, but in the end it is you who loses out because you are looking to believe in something-anything, so long as they can show you an alien foot and a dna sample and a signature from an official at Stanford University saying "you can believe this now, there little unknowing lamb".

Then just don't pay attention. What a waste of time debunking and skepticism is! Either take the information and consider it, or go be a banker or something! Why bother starting threads like this? Who benefits except for people looking to pat each other on the back about how great their confortable version of reality is.

If I told you I was gunna eat a chicken sandwich tomorrow at noon, I might not do that, even though it's an idea I have... and I think existece works the same way... always evolving in relation to the evolution of everything contained within it.

So great Alex Collier wastes money to impress nobody. Good for him. He's doing something he feels strongly about, it seems. If he is delusional, at least he did something instead of nothing. I got his message. Did you?

I predicted WW3 would start in early fall of 2009 once based on a vision I had. If it doesn't happen, even better. So what? It's out there now. Just one person's thoughts can tip the scale and change the whole outcome of the world. Thoughts shape reality. So if everyone who heard his predictions went "whoa we don't want that", maybe that's why he was given the information to tell. So it wouldn't become reality. So people would want the opposite when they heard it.

Although, you won't listen to reason, OP. I can tell. You've already trashed a man with a wonderful message. Ya know, Jesus didn't save the world like he was supposed to. In that aspect, he was a false prophet... but he did have a great message to teach the world. Doesn't matter who writes or proclaims it. If it's a good piece of info, it's a good piece of info.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
From reading this thread I gleam a couple of things about prediction:
1) If you predict something that actually does happen or close to it good work thta's a point for you
2) If you predict something that dosen't come true its just because you predicted it that it didn't come true, have a point.
Sounds like a win win situation to me.

So is Alex Collier for real? I don't know but from my new understanding of predictions this shouldn't be a test of his claims either way.

The bulk of abduction stories I hear don't have a scrap of physical evidence. But in these the abductee is forced into the situation and forced out of the situation too! I am open minded to say fair enough if thats your story thats your explaination for why you don't have evidence you were acting as more of a captive.

But Alex's story is different he developed a friendship with these aliens according to him it was quite a deep spiritual and respectful frienfdship. So my main bug with his story is that if these guys are really such good friends why not give poor Alex just one scrap of evidence, I would like to hear Alex's answer on that

Just my 2c.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Steve B]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join