It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama's Speech, A Subliminal Hidden Message?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Michelle's speech has the word "world" in it a total of twelve times, is this normal for a political speech or are they trying to prime us for something?

Barack stood up that day, and spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about "The world as it is" and "The world as it should be." And he said that all too often, we accept the distance between the two, and settle for the world as it is — even when it doesn't reflect our values and aspirations. But he reminded us that we know what our world should look like. We know what fairness and justice and opportunity look like. And he urged us to believe in ourselves — to find the strength within ourselves to strive for the world as it should be.

ap.google.com...

[edit on 26-8-2008 by Fathom]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
don't worry people just another distraction from real issues....

move along now please, move along.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

Actually it is a fair question for those that have removed the blinders.

You know I took Anonymous posters off my ignore list to see what had been replied and this last post reminded me of why I had put anonymous users on ignore...
well back they go.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
And what exactly is the message here? What is she "trying to prime us" for? I agree that repetitive use of a word can be quite annoying and catches the attention but I think that's all this is, repetition. Maybe she's just not as good of a speaker as Barack.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingwoody
And what exactly is the message here? What is she "trying to prime us" for? I agree that repetitive use of a word can be quite annoying and catches the attention but I think that's all this is, repetition. Maybe she's just not as good of a speaker as Barack.

it is simple ...NWO

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
She said "people" 14 times... What's that signify?

And, no. I don't think saying "world" 12 times when talking about the state of the world is a problem.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

Actually I think discussion on how our political leaders communicate to us is very relevant.

I only caught an excerpt, but I immediately noticed the multiple use of the term "thread". In my opinion, a definite and intentional use of new lexicon, i.e. inclusion of the new internet media...

Can anyone find how many times she actually said it, or was it only a couple of times.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

"Thread" was used 3 times.
"people", "world", "thread"...hmmm

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

Actually I think discussion on how our political leaders communicate to us is very relevant.

I couldn't agree more.

Barack stood up that day, and spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about "The world as it is" and "The world as it should be." And he said that all too often, we accept the distance between the two, and settle for the world as it is — even when it doesn't reflect our values and aspirations. But he reminded us that we know what our world should look like. We know what fairness and justice and opportunity look like. And he urged us to believe in ourselves — to find the strength within ourselves to strive for the world as it should be.

Compare Michelle Obama's quote to the following quote:

The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys
and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our
wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be. Source

The external quote came from Obama mentor Saul Alinsky's book ''Rules for Radicals.''

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Boone 870

Excellent post! a star for you sir.
Definetely tells us where th Obama's inspiration comes from.

new topics

top topics

join