It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia cruiser to test weapons in crowded Black Sea

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Iran simulates US Army weaknesses ( 24.8.2008 )

www.presstv.ir...§ionid=351020101

"During the US invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq, the American army's combat methods, its weaknesses and strong points, and its capabilities have been fully monitored," said the Iranian general.

Hmmmm....guess that aren't aware of something called an "after action report" where we go over what worked and didn't work and then learn from our own mistakes?

All that means is that Iran is ready to fight the last war that occurred.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BBTBE

With the amount of business that India is doing with American companies that have outsourced their workload, do you really think that India would do ANYTHING that would adversely effect the flow of money into their country...?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
used to play an online space conquest game, one thing i noticed was those that talked the loudest usually had the weakest forces, in alot of ways Iran reminds me of these players, if i remember correctly Saddam also talked the talk but his elite forces ran so fast they coulda made the Iraqi track and field team.

not that im condoning a war against Iran .. just an observation

as to India they will more than likley stay neutral and hope both the US and Russia forget they exist they want access to the cheaper russian equipment but also need to stay in USA'a good books so the US will pressure the NSG into selling them uranium

sucks to be india right now

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

Hmm ... I am Australian but I think the Cuban missile crisis was where the USSR was looking to station nukes in Cuba.

This is somewhat different to the US-Nato anti missile system that will shoot down missiles. Why would you be scared of a system that can shoot down missiles ... well unless you wanted to not get your missiles shot down ... Hmmm

Mark

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I agree that india will most likely stay very neutral. And why shouldn't they, they have the most to gain by using what works from both sides. India has Akula subs. I think that tops the chinese. So india can hold it's own in a limited confrontation with china. Not a massive one but then why would china attack india?

Also, Iran has figured out US weakness by having their putz soldiers imitate our? thata retarded. when your soldiers actually have the equipment to imitate ours then maybe they could get some objective info that would help their military. Personally I think it would be relatively easy for the US to mow down Iran in a month tops. keeping the country occupied is a no go, but as far as blowing them back into the stone age, yeah thats easy. Iran needs to face the facts that in a physical war with the US they wouldn't stand a chance.

US marines vs Iranian soldiers. WHat iranian soldiers the ones the marines would just slaughter? I think we would quickly realize how incompetant a nation like Irans military would be in comparison to a hardened one with 200 years of constant combat experience and an impressive record.

Also, regarding US intelligence. Yeah keep on underestimating it. it only works in the US favor.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
reply to post by Yarcofin

Hmm ... I am Australian but I think the Cuban missile crisis was where the USSR was looking to station nukes in Cuba.

This is somewhat different to the US-Nato anti missile system that will shoot down missiles. Why would you be scared of a system that can shoot down missiles ... well unless you wanted to not get your missiles shot down ... Hmmm

Mark

From what I understand about the sytem is that it ties in with the u.s nuclear stategic capability... By putting those missles there the balance of power is shifting more towards the U.S plain and simple. Russia has the right to make sure that balance is restored.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322

Originally posted by JanusFIN
reply to post by manson_322

Yeah, I have noticed, that coalition behind Russia is staying 100% silence, and that means only one thing: "One will, and good trust to Russian policy makers"

India together with China and Russia... Uh!

india moreso with russia ,not China ,

I always find it amusing watching the Parochial Indians trying to beef themselves up in the face of China - its a laugh really.

China will be building 200 cities of a million people with 50,000 skyscrapers over the next twenty years - India is not a speck on this horizon - I'm sorry but face reality.

China has a stated position of non interference in sovereign issues as its number one foreign policy - India has a geo-strategic value of goop. Is has never been considered anything more - nor will. China has been on the radar for 30 years - it is what ALL OF THIS IS ABOUT as stated by innumerable geo-strategic forecasts - the number one threat to the US - Dick Cheney has been on this the entire time. India my loquacious friend is spoken of out of International Politeness - nothing more - it is only rampant Indian nationalism which beggars to differ - where as Chinas silence sends shivers down the spine as it is simply their actions which are reverberating around the world.

China would utterly obliterate India militarily, any consideration to the contrary is not a pondering of the facts rather a musing of national pride. China is a world super power and will over take America economically within 20 years - FACT.

Russia and China have strong and vested interests - Russia couldn't give rats regarding India - it is merely an avenue for arms sales. And in the case of the SUB mentioned above - arms RENTALS.

So manson_322 as much as you enjoy your anti- American Diatribes and pro Indian assertions, sorry delusions, of grandeur the reality is well known others and is distant from your premises -

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

If the the missiles are defensive in nature, then Russia has no case. Countries have a right to self defense that is acknowledged and protected by international law.

The Cuban Missile crisis came to be because the Soviet Union attempted to install OFFENSIVE weapons in Cuba. Prior to that, the USSR had installed SAM sites and other defensive weapons. The US didn't like it but could do little about it.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Medevev/Putin/NarcoTerrorists have placed upon the Russian govt the weight of the entire world. Russia is a singular danger to the freedom and stability of the world.

Russia doesn't want to be a part of Nato? Maybe China does. Maybe India.

Russia isn't going to know what hit them.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Nothing is going to happen,it's just propaganda.
the only one thing will be an Israely air strike on iranian nuclear facilities as it MUST be done,and as it happened in 81' at Osirik ,Iraq.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

I think I am going to have to laugh on your post ...

China has been on the radar for 30 years

this is the biggest load of BS , I ever read .... China has only recently in the past 10 years been considered a threat by USA

. India my loquacious friend is spoken of out of International Politeness - nothing more - it is only rampant Indian nationalism which beggars to differ

except for the fact, that India is a hub for the IT and software industry .....

where as Chinas silence sends shivers down the spine as it is simply their actions which are reverberating around the world.

it does not , It is Russia silence or any act ,that does such

China would utterly obliterate India militarily, any consideration to the contrary is not a pondering of the facts rather a musing of national pride. China is a world super power and will over take America economically within 20 years - FACT.

and a indian nuclear strike consisting of long range Agni IRBM's will destroy most of western and central China , including shanghai ,
causing over 400-500 million+ deaths , so what you think ,Chinese are fools to attack us ....

Russia and China have strong and vested interests - Russia couldn't give rats regarding India - it is merely an avenue for arms sales. And in the case of the SUB mentioned above - arms RENTALS.

China is a avenue for arms sale too...
arms rentals ? mind it firstly , nuclear SSN's are very strategic in nature, firstly you moron and very advanced too....

Russia and China have strong and vested interests - Russia couldn't give rats regarding India

seems the opposite, and why is Russia leasing India a SSN , while IT HASN'T EVER EVER LEASED A SSN TO CHINA

and by the way, Russia is leasing India , its most advanced SSN , the Akula-2 class
enough said

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Couldn't of had put it any better! WELL SAID!

I still dislike America Though

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
This "weapon testing" is nothing more than a regular scheduled exercise. While the timing may seem suspect, this exercise was scheduled long before the war in Georgia.

And where else is the Black Sea fleet supposed to exercise than the Black Sea.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by umbracode

A US-sanctioned Israeli strike on the Natanz facility?

You'd be laughing too when you realise that two refusenik signatories to the Nuclear Proliferation Treaty are threatening to attack a nation who has...

...s'cuse the OT post but I just had to address that point

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Let them ,and always no ! the USA is a terrible threat to be reaconed with .! Russia would never in the next 100 yrs. ever engage us ,no way ,won't happen !never will We are way to (strong) ,No matter what anybody tell's ya . We won't kill them ,and they won't kill us . Simple .If there was something to happen (I would put them right back were they were ) nothing ,duh

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Nato relief-gunboat to test emergency sinking in crowded Black Sea

When are the aliens coming down - cause all this foreplay is starting to bore me.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
the russians are flexing their muscles to show the rest of us that they can still project power and to take them seriously when it comes to world events. the world news media has been fixated on america because of our involvment in iraq and afghanistan and watching our military in action, the russians feel left out. they want to show off their new military equipment and show the world it works as well as ours. i doubt the russians want a war with the west as it would lead to a nuclear exchange with no side winning. then some third world country can become the next super power. the idea that 10 defensive missile sites in poland is going to threaten the russians is another bogus argument, they are defensive not offensive like the ones the russians were putting in cuba, besides back then it was communism vs democracy, two different ways of running a country. today the russians are turning to capitalism and democracy to someday better their peoples lives. it will take time as it did in america.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by twisted_fate

Originally posted by iceofspades
reply to post by Dan Tanna

I doubt Russia is "testing" anything of which the US military isn't already aware.

I think you have too much faith in American "intelligence"

Who says american intelligence are the only ones involved?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
reply to post by audas

I think I am going to have to laugh on your post ...

China has been on the radar for 30 years

this is the biggest load of BS , I ever read .... China has only recently in the past 10 years been considered a threat by USA

. India my loquacious friend is spoken of out of International Politeness - nothing more - it is only rampant Indian nationalism which beggars to differ

except for the fact, that India is a hub for the IT and software industry .....

where as Chinas silence sends shivers down the spine as it is simply their actions which are reverberating around the world.

it does not , It is Russia silence or any act ,that does such

and a indian nuclear strike consisting of long range Agni IRBM's will destroy most of western and central China , including shanghai ,
causing over 400-500 million+ deaths , so what you think ,Chinese are fools to attack us ....

China is a avenue for arms sale too...
arms rentals ? mind it firstly , nuclear SSN's are very strategic in nature, firstly you moron and very advanced too....

Russia and China have strong and vested interests - Russia couldn't give rats regarding India

seems the opposite, and why is Russia leasing India a SSN , while IT HASN'T EVER EVER LEASED A SSN TO CHINA

and by the way, Russia is leasing India , its most advanced SSN , the Akula-2 class
enough said

Here is one of the best absolutely PAWNED moments you will ever see on abovetopsecret.com

edition.cnn.com...

READ IT AND WEEP !!!

Please do some research - India is nothing.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas

Here is one of the best absolutely PAWNED moments you will ever see on abovetopsecret.com

edition.cnn.com...

READ IT AND WEEP !!!

Please do some research - India is nothing.

smilies are not going to help you prove what you want to...

Please do some research - India is nothing

really, wheres the proof..... India is a center for IT and software technology and industry

stop acting like a ten year old, and

ere is one of the best absolutely PAWNED moments you will ever see on abovetopsecret.com

edition.cnn.com...

READ IT AND WEEP !!!

your CNN source is wrong ... Russia has won backing from the Asian alliance

Russia wins backing from China, Central Asia over Georgia by Alexander Osipovich 1 hour, 22 minutes ago MOSCOW (AFP) - Russia won support Thursday from China and Central Asian states in its standoff with the West over the Georgia conflict as the European Union said it was weighing sanctions against Moscow.
news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 28-8-2008 by manson_322]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join