It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA Reports Delays Due to Problem With System That Processes Flight Plans

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Waiting for the link to be processed, but the FAA seems to be having huge delays and loosing communication with planes on the east coast via fox news on tv. Ill edit when the link is available

www.foxnews.com

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32

Waiting for the link to be processed, but the FAA seems to be having huge delays and loosing communication with planes on the east coast via fox news on tv. Ill edit when the link is available

www.foxnews.com

This has just become breaking on Sky News, they said the FAA has stated they have not lost contact with any planes. Weird.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RenegadePsycho

I find it odd on the immediateness of the story with so many conflicting comments on such a big and widespread event.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I saw this on CNN too, thanks for posting, I was waiting for someone to....

Being on edge and a borderline paranoid with everything happening with Russia, can this be a precursor to something? A new 9/11 situation? plucky is scared.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I find it odd on the immediateness of the story with so many conflicting comments on such a big and widespread event.

Sky said there was some event at Denver airport too, like a conference or something, I dunno what they meant, i've been in a beer induced trance all week.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

plucky, i finally got something right eh?? lol. well who knows, but i did check the FAA site and every city in america is delayed. Very odd. Could it be related to my story I posted about foxnews claiming bush said we are moving military into Georgia..

still looking for the other story to help you out.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Evidently the main computer system is down that creates/delivers the flight plans. The planes that are in the air are ok b/c the have their flight plans and can communicate with the control towers. For those waiting to get into the air...they'll be there for a while.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thousands of aircraft are apparently grounded right now, kind of reminds me of 9-11. I really hope this has nothing to do with Georgia.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

plucky, i finally got something right eh?? lol. well who knows, but i did check the FAA site and every city in america is delayed. Very odd. Could it be related to my story I posted about foxnews claiming bush said we are moving military into Georgia..

still looking for the other story to help you out.

Let me just say, we clashed a few times, but I think you are adorable. In person, I would most likely kiss you because you are so cute! I totally appreciate you input on this forum, for sure.

That aside, this is potentially something crazy, I agree. I am scared, mostly, of a false-flag in progress....

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I live right next to an international airport, and I noticed it was quiet for a while, kinda got the chills thinking back on 9/11. Checked the news, and saw what was going on, I gotta say it has me a little on edge.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

lol. im blushing. if you can make that pose on your avi, we are meeting up!!! lol

I hate to make strange comparisons, but The georgia thing I posted and then this at the same tiem, nuts.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I just posted this as well in another thread. OP you beat me to it.

This really does feel like when the planes were grounded on 9/11. Reports are stating this is not terrorism, but how easy would it be for a terrorist to do something like this if they wanted to.

For now it's not effecting much, but it will. When goods are late for arrival. We will feel the effects of this in the next week if things don't get fixed soon.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

That's the new Tomb-Raider girl, she's hot...did I mention I am bisexual? I have a myspace, you can find out for yourself....

That aside, again, ahem...how is this event connected to Georgia? I am failing to see the connection. Help.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is likely more due to ineptitude than terrorism. This same system failed last june or July as I recall. How can they NOT have a fully replicated backup system in place for just such an event? If they had done this, after last year's failure, they could simply "flip a switch," and be up and running on the replicated system.

Our govt doesn't need terrorists...they have their own ineptitude.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What would it take for a terrorist to mess with the computer, then a few sleeper cells hijack grounded airliners and take them into the air?

too much 24 i think... damn you Jack

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Im with renegade. May be too much 24 for me. Just odd both happened at hte same time.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

How could this be connected? Lets say Russia has electronic warfare capabilities and could be sending a message.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Update:

...says the problem that occurred Tuesday afternoon involves an FAA facility in Hampton, Ga., south of Atlanta, that processes flight plans. She says there has been a failure in a communication link that transmits the data to a similar facility in Salt Lake City.

As a result, the Salt Lake City facility has to process those flight plans, causing delays in planes taking off. She said there are no problems with planes landing.

“There will be flight delays,” Bergen said. “It could be any location, because one facility is now processing flight data for everybody.”

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS

How could this be connected? Lets say Russia has electronic warfare capabilities and could be sending a message.

Do you know something? I yelled at you in that other thread for not spilling the beans, please do not make plucky cry in frustration here...spill it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join