It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Differences in men and women (lets see if it exists and maybe why)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Requiring honesty by your participation. Answer what you like. I figure one difference will show amongst by what certain will and wont answer. I shall let men speak for men and women speak for women.

Whole 1:

Women, how were you raised to treat a man (in general and/or in specific variations) that you'd meet to speak with or do things with? How do you treat a man now as you are your own woman?

Men, how were you raised to treat a woman (in general and/or in specific variations) that you'd meet to speak with or do things with? How do you treat a woman now as you are your own man?

Note: Variations means like family member (father/mother and bother/sister), stranger (in particularly: one who'd approach you to get to know you or one who'd you approach), associate, co-worker, friend, and enemy.

Whole 2:

Women: Do you assume what most men want women for is their body? If so, is there anything wrong with that?

Men: Do you assume what most women want is men's money? If so, is there anything not smart with that?

Whole 3:

Women: Why is it that you are single (not in any close relationship) or married right now?

Men: Why is it that you are single (not in any close relationship) or married right now?

Whole 4:

Women: What is it you got going for yourself that John Doe should want you for?

Men: What is it you got going for yourself that Jane Doe should want you for?

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

Thousands of years of having this conversation and nothing has been achieved.
Yet you think we're gonna sort it out here.

Very courageous of you to take this on, so you gets a star. No flag!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Men and Women grow up differently because they are treated differently at different stages in their life. That accounts for their differences. I'd recommend reading some works by Deborah Tannen. She has really great insight on this stuff.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus
Men, how were you raised to treat a woman (in general and/or in specific variations) that you'd meet to speak with or do things with? How do you treat a woman now as you are your own man?

I was raised to treat women with respect. I was told that doing all kinds of nice things like holding doors open, removing my hat, and not using profanity was what a gentlemen did.
I still treat women with respect, but for the ones I date I like to play hard to get and I tease them too.

Men: Do you assume what most women want is men's money? If so, is there anything not smart with that?

I don't assume this. They are after a lot more than that! lol but seriously, when a man has money, a woman is attracted because it signals to her brain that he could take care of her child. Women are biologically designed to have children. Also they need resources to ensure the survival of the child. Can you really blame a woman for dating a wealthy guy as opposed to a dude with a mc donalds retirement plan?

There are gold diggers, but most women aren't gold diggers. A lot of gold diggers have a history of abuse and issues, and those women don't usually make it past any of my tests, so they cant get my money!

I know that most women want a man that knows how to have fun and is not scared of being himself. Most women want a man that lives by his own rules and has a life that isn't dictated by what other people think.
I know a lot of women don't want to admit it, but most women want a man that they can't control with their vagina. (probably because we are a rare breed)

Men: Why is it that you are single (not in any close relationship) or married right now?

Because being single keeps me free. Im young and curious. Not to say that Im a man whore, but I like different flavors. Im a busy guy and during my freetime I enjoy meeting new people. I also particularly enjoy meeting new women and doing fun things, and this is difficult to do after a relationship gets serious.

I see myself growing old and doing it like Hefner...

a lot of people get married because they don't want to be alone, or they think they have found their ''soulmate''(lack of something inside themselves, so outwardly seeking happiness), but to me Ill never be alone and unhappy.
I enjoy surrounding myself with positive people and being free as a bird to do whatever it is that I so choose.

Men: What is it you got going for yourself that Jane Doe should want you for?

Im very well endowed?

any woman that doesnt want me must be a lezbo...lol just kidding.
I have a good sense of humor
I can cook very well.
Im a musician..nuff said
I know how to have a good time.
Im multitalented, double jointed, and know how to multitask.
I eat my vegetables.
Im tall dark and handsome.
I have a very agile tongue.
I am more interested in substance than looks.
I travel a lot.
I am a good story teller.

there are like a million more reasons, but I don't wanna toot my own horn.

top topics

join